• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course, but he will not want us to fall any further then we have at this time and he knows better then us fans that the rebuild is important. Even if i do not believe some of the brick around about him being tight its pretty obvious he sees the depth we have sunk too.
You would think so but he has made so many odd decisions nothing really surprises me at this point.

Just popped in to say commissrations to the poor souls paying £60 to watch that dross, given how bad the seasons been you wouldn't think it could get much worse but after the first 10 minutes the level of effort was absolutely pathetic.

Didn't see all the game but looked like Dele was getting some form back.

I think people are mis-reading the situation. I don't think we're going through the motions, we're just total brick. The players are crap.

Dier - wouldn't look out of place in a relegated WBA type side
Winks - is just crap. He's a bottom half championship player. Dreadful and genuinely wouldn't look out of place playing for a Sheffield Wednesday
Tanganga - needs to play in his best position. Its wrong to ask a young guy finding his way to play in a brick side out of position
Reggie - been brick for ages
PEH - fine as long as he has someone next to him
Bergwijn - what's he supposed to do?

Kane, Alli, Son useless if you can't feed them the ball.

And we have a brick, brick manager picking his mates. No playmaker, no shape, no idea, no creativity. We've watched it for YEARS now. We've had to put up with Sissoko who can't kick a ball, now we have Winks back in the side. We're trying to play premier league teams with no midfield and a bottom 3 defence. We had the ball around their box a couple of times and it comes out to PEH and Winks. What do we expect to happen? No wonder we can't have a shot. At the same time they slice through us like we don't exist.

We're honestly just a brick side with no manager. This is the result. Rock bottom.
Harsh but fair. I just had to go for a LOOOONG walk around some fields to reset and avoid the inevitable.

You would think so but he has made so many odd decisions nothing really surprises me at this point.

Everything makes sense when understood through the lens that he did the maximum he could with the level of investment they are comfortable with.

I think we as fans view it as 'we were 2nd, then CL final, then top 4, then 6th, now potentially 9th, something has gone wrong, we should have pushed on when top 4' where as they will be viewing it as 'we weren't even supposed to be top 4 that soon, we didn't change our investment strategy, and the swings you see basically reflect the average we are comfortable with.

Before anyone says, I am not saying Levy wants to lose, or wants to be out of the CL places. But the decisions all make sense when understood through the lens of what level of investment they were comfortable with. Poch wants more backing, they can't offer it, so he goes. We need a shot in the arm even though we aren't going to spend a lot, so we try Jose. Kane wants trophies, and we haven't been decisive enough with the squad to push on, so he goes.

It doesn't mean every decision was a good one, but it means there was a logic behind it when understood through their investment level. They did everything they could with the constraints they gave themselves. They got some things wrong, but it means better decisions and more money (either from outside, or what the club generates) are going to change it.

We are seeing a levelling out. We are seeing a group of players regress back to the level they always were, without a system and a culture to boost them up. We are seeing the results of a strategy to always buy 'best of the rest' players who might improve, and have a reasonably deep squad of decent players as a result, but not signing proven winners and being the place elite mentality players want to leave when they reach that level and know it won't happen here.

A damn shame.

Just popped in to say commissrations to the poor souls paying £60 to watch that dross, given how bad the seasons been you wouldn't think it could get much worse but after the first 10 minutes the level of effort was absolutely pathetic.

Didn't see all the game but looked like Dele was getting some form back.

Again, relatively decent from him (moments) but you are not going to win PL games with PEH - Winks behind Dele as your central midfield.

It needed a triple substitution at half time, or at the latest on 60 minutes. Mason proved that picking your mates is no substitute for common sense. The whole thing reminded me of the end of season game against Blackburn, (under Hoddle?) with chants of "you're not fit to wear the shirt", except that this time there was much more apathy. Great view from row 41 of South Upper though!!

I thought dele was awful
His pass completion was really poor
He didn’t stop work or trying but nothing came off
And they won the ball off him a lot to launch their attacks
Could not agree more, he has started to believe his own hype and forgot what got him famous in the first place.

haha. Totally the opposite of what I just posted in the Dele thread. Actually thought he was better than most, given the low standard starting point.

I thought dele was awful
His pass completion was really poor
He didn’t stop work or trying but nothing came off
And they won the ball off him a lot to launch their attacks

But that's the point, Dele is a risk player who will turn over the ball. You put that in front of PEH (nothing but a destroyer who is dead on his feet after this season) and Winks (no hyperbole is a championship player)

People want to know why Spurs are brick? multiple managers somehow think in the PL you can give up numeric advantage in the midfield every game and still be successful, we cannot carry 3 to 4 players in front the midfield (Son, Dele, Bergwijn, Kane) and leave the two massively outnumbered.

How the fudge Mason picked Winks in that setup, how the fudge we didn't make changes at half time and waited until 80 to get our changes in? fudge me ..

But that's the point, Dele is a risk player who will turn over the ball. You put that in front of PEH (nothing but a destroyer who is dead on his feet after this season) and Winks (no hyperbole is a championship player)

People want to know why Spurs are brick? multiple managers somehow think in the PL you can give up numeric advantage in the midfield every game and still be successful, we cannot carry 3 to 4 players in front the midfield (Son, Dele, Bergwijn, Kane) and leave the two massively outnumbered.

How the fudge Mason picked Winks in that setup, how the fudge we didn't make changes at half time and waited until 80 to get our changes in? fudge me ..
I get what you mean
But dele gave them the ball rather than them winning it
Was very poor
He is better than that
He didn’t stop trying but was horrible and it meant more pressure on the midfield that was always overrun

The other thing is we want more attackers on to get goals yet we subbed the guy who had the shots and kept son on who was anonymous again
Trying to find this balance isn’t working as we have too many attackers in the squad (and some aren’t great) compared to midfielders

Back