• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
haha. Totally the opposite of what I just posted in the Dele thread. Actually thought he was better than most, given the low standard starting point.

Well as we say Stop! Hammer time, i just do not see the Alli that was tearing it up a couple of years back, sad to say i doubt we will here at least.

The other thing is we want more attackers on to get goals yet we subbed the guy who had the shots and kept son on who was anonymous again
Trying to find this balance isn’t working as we have too many attackers in the squad (and some aren’t great) compared to midfielders

You are right -> balance

You can want to play a possession game and put Winks - PEH - Dele, who the fudge in there keeps possession?

Not taking Son off is now a repeat crime, him off, keep Bergwijn on, bring on Bale (or Lucas)

I would have brought on both Lo Celso and Ndombele for Winks and Dele

I only watched the last 20 minutes where he looked the best player, seemed to be the only one bothering to run.
Take it you was watching when he gave it away with 10 to go, deep in our half and they had 3 on 3 because of it... and it was a simple pass
As I say he is better than that
But we’re trying to out too many square pegs into round holes currently and dele may well be one
He was very good at the weekend, but very poor tonight for me

You are right -> balance

You can want to play a possession game and put Winks - PEH - Dele, who the fudge in there keeps possession?

Not taking Son off is now a repeat crime, him off, keep Bergwijn on, bring on Bale (or Lucas)

I would have brought on both Lo Celso and Ndombele for Winks and Dele

One of the reasons we are In the position we are in is managers have made players not only undroppable but unsubbale.

Son has been atrocious for months (with the odd flash of ok) yet he plays 90 minutes without fail.

One of the reasons we are In the position we are in is managers have made players not only undroppable but unsubbale.

Son has been atrocious for months (with the odd flash of ok) yet he plays 90 minutes without fail.

In my opinion, it's even worse than that

- He's a high energy player, he needs to be subbed/rotated, keeping him on isn't helping him or us.

I suspect the club are bricking it that the single other top 4 level footballer in our squad won’t sign a new deal and will ask to leave.

I would have started any one of Lo Celso, Ndombele, Moura or Lamela above Winks.

I’d even have started Sissoko ahead of him.

You had me until Sissoko.
Thought for a long time lamela didn't fit in with the popular clique at the club, probably couldn't handle his desire to win, but him not getting any game time when teams are over running us is just fudging bizarre.
Bringing on bale in a game that we can't get the ball when moura and lamela are on the bench is criminal.

Got back to Leeds at 12:30 and spent the last hour watching the fall out from tonight. Went for a tinkle on the final whistle then went back to see only Harry, Sonny, Dele and Bale "showing their appreciation". Everyone else appeared to have crawled under a stone in embarrassment. Various reports on t'internet that others may have come out later, did anyone stick around long enough to witness this or is it just a myth?

Got back to Leeds at 12:30 and spent the last hour watching the fall out from tonight. Went for a tinkle on the final whistle then went back to see only Harry, Sonny, Dele and Bale "showing their appreciation". Everyone else appeared to have crawled under a stone in embarrassment. Various reports on t'internet that others may have come out later, did anyone stick around long enough to witness this or is it just a myth?

Word in the Twitterverse is that there was announcement in the stadium after the game asking fans to stay in their seats for the team's lap of honour, but no players or coaches came out and then a second announcement told everyone to go home - see the vid below. Someone on here who was at the match can report first-hand.

Last edited:

They did come out later. I'd given up by that time but heard someone say they had finally come out and I saw it on TV when I got home, so it definitely happened.

Back to being a laughing stock on all media outlets this morning. It feels comfortable, like finding a pair of old slippers mislaid years ago.

Who’d have thought that just telling your (allegedly) top 4 level squad to go out and play attacking football wouldn’t solve all our problems? Hard to believe...

Back