• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa FC ***

Who are we talking about now, GLC or Hojberg?

Barca have an interest in Gio now that Gavi picked up an injury. But they have no money.

Hojbjerg had a few teams interested in the summer, so hopefully we can get them moved on if Ange doesn't want them.

Might have been mention, but can’t be bothered to read the thread. How bad did bentacur injury look?

Difficult to say.
Contact looked like his shin, and that is where the medics looked like they were looking at along with his ankle.

Just don't know how he fell if he did anything to his knee.

I’m surprised by the number of negative comments on here.

Yes: we were very wasteful in front of goal and our defending from set pieces terrible (how many free headers at goal did we give them? 3 at least).

However, our second and third string comfortably out played a Villa side that the media is busily ‘bigging up’ as a genuine top four contender. Any other day that’s an easy home win.

I’m disappointed and frustrated with the result but quite honestly I’d be far more concerned as a Villa fan than a Spurs one. I thought that the application of our players was excellent and we created so many chances first half. I don’t even know how many times we hit the woodwork or had marginal goals ruled out. Not to mention - yet again - opponents being allowed to kick our players around with impunity.

We don’t have the strength in depth to cope with the crazy number of injuries that we have but I love what we are trying to do and it’s infinitely better than last season. I am not sure where we will win our next game but
I’m confident that we recover our swagger and start to climb the league again once our
Players are back fit.

Yes: we were very wasteful in front of goal and our defending from set pieces terrible (how many free headers at goal did we give them? 3 at least).

However, our second and third string comfortably out played a Villa side that the media is busily ‘bigging up’ as a genuine top four contender. Any other day that’s an easy home win.

I’m disappointed and frustrated with the result but quite honestly I’d be far more concerned as a Villa fan than a Spurs one. I thought that the application of our players was excellent and we created so many chances first half. I don’t even know how many times we hit the woodwork or had marginal goals ruled out. Not to mention - yet again - opponents being allowed to kick our players around with impunity.

We don’t have the strength in depth to cope with the crazy number of injuries that we have but I love what we are trying to do and it’s infinitely better than last season. I am not sure where we will win our next game but
I’m confident that we recover our swagger and start to climb the league again once our
Players are back fit.
Absolutely this. One of those games where you really have to separate the result and the performance. We were scintillating at times, the football is fantastic to watch. With 2 full backs at centre half and only one defensive midfielder they were always gonna get some chances.

Sure, short term we are gonna drop down the league but you have to be happy about the style, philosophy and the general direction in which we are heading.

Last edited:

Players are back fit.
With more depth and more competency in key positions we will be flying

You can’t fathom for losing 3 back up wingers, 3 Cbs (when you have 4)… your 3 starting midfielders

I mean it’s a LOT of players that would contribute

Disappointed with the result. Not because I expected much more either before the game or when Bentancur went off. Disappointed because I thought the players deserved more and gave a good account of themselves.

This isn’t me having a go at PEH, he’s decent at what he does, but the difference between him and Bentancur was night and day. Bentancur takes the ball on the half turn and moves us up the pitch whereas time and again PEH would lay it back off to the defence. Thought Gil was almost brilliant but actually quite poor as everything he did almost came off but ultimately failed.

GLC was MOTM for me. Thought he was brilliant and found passes in extremely tight spaces.

We just can’t sustain that many absentees but I think we’re fooling ourselves if we think Ange can make us competitive with the biggest boys. No real blame on him today but we’ve lost three games in which we’ve led and he will play one way and one way only. That’s good enough for me, I absolutely think we should back him in a big way because today was a great watch again. He finishes top 6 and threatens top 4 over the next few years and he’s been successful. But he’ll be more BMJ than Poch, Burkinshaw or Bill Nic.

Disappointed with the result. Not because I expected much more either before the game or when Bentancur went off. Disappointed because I thought the players deserved more and gave a good account of themselves.

This isn’t me having a go at PEH, he’s decent at what he does, but the difference between him and Bentancur was night and day. Bentancur takes the ball on the half turn and moves us up the pitch whereas time and again PEH would lay it back off to the defence. Thought Gil was almost brilliant but actually quite poor as everything he did almost came off but ultimately failed.

GLC was MOTM for me. Thought he was brilliant and found passes in extremely tight spaces.

We just can’t sustain that many absentees but I think we’re fooling ourselves if we think Ange can make us competitive with the biggest boys. No real blame on him today but we’ve lost three games in which we’ve led and he will play one way and one way only. That’s good enough for me, I absolutely think we should back him in a big way because today was a great watch again. He finishes top 6 and threatens top 4 over the next few years and he’s been successful. But he’ll be more BMJ than Poch, Burkinshaw or Bill Nic.
Can’t agree with the last bit
He already has “limited players” playing better football that we have seen for a long long time
I still think we can get top 4 this season
We have a horrible spell of fixtures and that combined with massive injury issues has hurt us
But I agree with everything else you say

Can’t agree with the last bit
He already has “limited players” playing better football that we have seen for a long long time
I still think we can get top 4 this season
We have a horrible spell of fixtures and that combined with massive injury issues has hurt us
But I agree with everything else you say
Yeah fair enough. I knew typing it that it might not go down too well and would meet with disagreement. To be honest, I think it’s almost impossible for any manager to really get us competing under this ownership model especially with 2-3 clubs cheating. I’m still loving Ange’s style, it’s a fantastic watch.

Yeah fair enough. I knew typing it that it might not go down too well and would meet with disagreement. To be honest, I think it’s almost impossible for any manager to really get us competing under this ownership model especially with 2-3 clubs cheating. I’m still loving Ange’s style, it’s a fantastic watch.
I think we will be absolutely flying once Ange has 3 windows
For me seeing us out play everyone apart from Wolves randomly says a hell of a lot
We are a long way away from his squad and he doesn’t need big money options. He just needs options

Take 8/9 players out of any team and you will struggle

Back