• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa FC ***

We still have players that we desperately need to move on and Levy is not in the habit of big spending, is he?
Although it has been said that this time Levy must back this manager.
Any idea how much we spent in the summer? and how much cash do we have left to spend on players?
Levy isn't in the habit of spending big if you want to believe the narrative or you could look at the facts and see that since moving into the stadium we're the 4-5th biggest spenders.

I thought the squad players who came in did really well. One of those games where you don't get what you deserve and the critical areas of finishing and defending our own goal make the difference. If we'd had Kane still with this same side, I think we would be top of the league. 2 steps forward 1 step back atm.

When we fell apart against chelsea I knew our season was over! Posted the same at the time during the game. I am sure we can get europe, CL if we can get players fit.
Once I knew both Maddison and VDV were out for a long time I feared the same, To lose one was always going to be a blow, to lose both at the same time coupled with Romero's suspension was an absolute killer blow at precisiely the wrong time fixture-wise.

I think we all accept next week is a write-off, Romero back for the Pikey Cup final, could give us half a chance, then its Saudi Sportswashing Machine. There is never a good time to have 9/10 players out, but in true Spurs-style this month was up there with the worst

I thought the squad players who came in did really well. One of those games where you don't get what you deserve and the critical areas of finishing and defending our own goal make the difference. If we'd had Kane still with this same side, I think we would be top of the league. 2 steps forward 1 step back atm.
We probably would, but the other side is without the sale of Kane we probably would be missing 2-3 players that have helped transform the rest of the team. Son isn't the solution up top either, if he's not scoring he doesn't really bring a lot more as a CF.

Once I knew both Maddison and VDV were out for a long time I feared the same, To lose one was always going to be a blow, to lose both at the same time coupled with Romero's suspension was an absolute killer blow at precisiely the wrong time fixture-wise.

I think we all accept next week is a write-off, Romero back for the Pikey Cup final, could give us half a chance, then its Saudi Sportswashing Machine. There is never a good time to have 9/10 players out, but in true Spurs-style this month was up there with the worst

I was impressed with the players who came in today, we almost made up for Maddison. Plenty of creative build up play. But a lack of composure in the box which Madders does seem to have. He helps Son find space in the box. Mind you Son had 3 goals (all offside!).

I am glad they are not doing the FA Cup 3rd round draw tonight, with our luck at present we would drag City away. That is going to be our best shot at silverware, so I hope we treat it accordingly.

Could do with Sutton United or Horsham at home in the 3rd round and hopefully come the end of Jan we have a fully fit squad plus a few new faces for a tilt at the cup and a push for a EL spot

We needed the second goal first half. We were close with some lovely play - the Son goal with PEH setting him free. Then the tackle on Bentancur. Normally Postecoglou would switch up the team after 70 mins, by 75 min we were shattered. 20 mins of play where we were out on our feet without subs to bring on. We still created openings. But you get the impression we have to take our openings when fresh first half.

Really encouraging, that's the player we've seen everywhere else, he's class.

I'd still sell him! Glad he is here now. We need him. But he's not good enough to make the first 11 with everyone fit. If we can get 25-35m we should take it.

Not sure he would
He is older
Less capable
And doesn’t have the rep
They both have 18 months left on their contacts IIRC
A few clubs are supposed to be sniffing around him including Barca. Either way, he should be the first midfielder out the door.

Back