• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Asteras Tripolis, Thurs 6th Nov 2014 ***

Fazio is ****, if that was Kaboul people would be abusing him no end. Fazio had been ripped apart all game and i really don't see how people think he is 1 of our 2 best cb's.

I think people just have to accept that we have gone backwards. We've wasted a large amount of the Bale money and it will set us back years. 6th would be a very, very good achivement.

Our defending, individually and collectively, is so poor it's beyond words. You have to wonder if we ever practice it. I know we don't have the best defenders in the world, but many teams with equally poor, or worse, defenders look a hell of a lot better defensively as a unit. Pochettini used to be a defender. You would think it was possible for him to do some work on the training ground on the tactical side of defending, again, both individually and collectively.

Fazio is an awesome signing. Massive massive upgrade on Dawson.
Was going to say something along these lines, am all for giving players a good chance and definitely not writing anyone off but so far I just don't really get it.

There's been a lot of talk about how Dawson wasn't the right type of player for the system (under both AVB & Poch) and yet to me Fazio seems even less suited.

Was going to say something along these lines, am all for giving players a good chance and definitely not writing anyone off but so far I just don't really get it.

There's been a lot of talk about how Dawson wasn't the right type of player for the system (under both AVB & Poch) and yet to me Fazio seems even less suited.

He speaks Spanish ;)

I loved Daws, for me he was our best CB last season, he loved the shirt etc, yet so many wanted to get him out of the club, and on some forums the abuse he received was scandalous and disgusting, right down there with the disgraceful treatment of JJ and Armstrong, and Daws deserved it least of all.

Partizan grabbed a late goal too meaning we are dead level at the top of the group.
Both us and Besiktas on 8pts GD +5 GS 8 GA 3

Win the next game and we have qualified, do better than Besiktas do in theirs and, IIRC, a draw (providing it is not 0-0) will see us win the group

Fazio was unlucky but he's been caught out I that position a few times. Overall I think it's a "team issue" how we are continually found wanting from the long diagonal. It happened last season too, a tactics teams will continually employ against a high line. The major contention with Fazio from even sensible posters on here and twitter are that he is ill suited to what we want to achieve at Spurs in our style of play.

Again the whole Levy going for the cheaper option is being cited again. Fazio instead of Mussachio. How much truth there is to it being purely a Levy thing is still somewhere I feel somewhat cynical about. Managers surely must be saying yes to these players somewhere or everything we are trying to achieve doesn't make a lick of sense

Back