• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal***

But I’m not disputing this. I’m saying we are better equipped right now in terms of our team, set up, manager etc to challenge for the title this season than they are. I agree they SHOULD be challenging City but they aren’t

Are we better equiped? Do we have a Kun Aguero or an Ibrahimovic on the bench? Do we really have the depth that we like to think we have?

Are we better equiped? Do we have a Kun Aguero or an Ibrahimovic on the bench? Do we really have the depth that we like to think we have?
But I’m comparing us to Arsenal. We have been one of the best sides in the country for the past 2/3 seasons. We have a very good side, we have beaten all the best sides at some point. We are not bad all of a sudden because we lost one game.

But I’m not disputing this. I’m saying we are better equipped right now in terms of our team, set up, manager etc to challenge for the title this season than they are. I agree they SHOULD be challenging City but they aren’t

Why are we any better now?
We are weaker with injuries and performances ie United and Crystal Palace was not great and the West Ham debacle in the cup was a great example of what’s missing in the current setup, mental strength. A true title chasing side does not allow West Ham to come back into that game. This is the missing link, I repeat mental strength.
Sánchez and Ozil are world class and the rest are not that bad WHEN MOTIVATED. They were well up it yesterday, the media did Wenger’s job for him in the last few weeks!
We are a good side but still some way off a title challenge. We are a bit light on experience to come off the bench.
Yesterday Eriksen, Kane and Dele in particular looked off, for expect differing reasons.

City and United are awash with good players. I’d swap Llorente for Zlatan in a heartbeat.
I know where you are coming from but I’m not sure we are up there with City, Chelsea or Man U.
One day ‘maybe’ but yesterday was a good example of gap when we have the inevitable dip in form.

Last edited:
We have bigger fish to fry? Really?? Like what? So a league game vs our biggest rival, with the possibility of going 7 points clear of them, and keeping in touch with the league leaders with a win, vs going 11 points behind the leaders with a loss, is to small a game for us to care about. Right!! That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time!

Dude of course I know this, and I like everyone else on here is upset with the result and the performance. But it's not going to define us or our season. We will hopefully have bigger games. It's just one game it used to mean soo much when we were brick... now we are not brick... beating the woolwich grooers doesn' mean as to me as it once did.

Don’t like how after one result sweeping conclusions are drawn. All of a sudden we aren’t as well equipped to fight at the top of the league.

We’ve been the most consistent team in England over the last 2 years. We absolutely can be up there again. We had a worse late October / early November last year and still came back to finish on 86 points. Emirates Marketing Project may be changing the game this year and if they do, good luck to them. I guess that’s what unlimited funds can do for you. As it is, there’s every chance we can be up there again. The management has earned the trust that it is possible to believe it, and even likely. Let’s not over-react. If anything, Arsenal fans should be embarrassed that they only play to that level when against us now. And dad that their two best players don’t even want to be there.

Dude of course I know this, and I like everyone else on here is upset with the result and the performance. But it's not going to define us or our season. We will hopefully have bigger games. It's just one game it used to mean soo much when we were brick... now we are not brick... beating the woolwich grooers doesn' mean as to me as it once did.

What bigger games? We look down our nose at West Ham and suggest that they're not really big games for us, that its their cup final while it isn't for us. And then we go up 2-0 and lose 3-2 because we couldn't be *rsed.
Now the next step is that the North London Derby isn't a big game for us, that its their cup final while it isn't for us. Then we go 2-0 down and lose without ever giving a sh*t about losing.

What's next? Because I know it's coming if this logic is followed to its conclusion. The Chelsea games aren't big games for us, it's their cup final while it isn't for us, we have bigger things to worry about. The United/City/Liverpool games aren't big games for us, we're too big to bother about them.

I asked that you avoid this sort of logic, mate, because, honestly - it sounds absolutely, positively ludicrous. As if we're Real Madrid, on our 12th CL title and far too big for the Premier League. After one season of finishing 2nd and above them, we're too good to give a sh*t about the Carabao Cup, or the FA Cup, or the North London Derby. We're aiming for 'bigger things' than beating Arsenal at the Emirates.

What the hell do we think we are? We have been trophyless for almost a decade - Poch has won nothing whatsoever in his entire career. We have finished 2nd *once in the quarter-century since the Premier League was founded. This is just our fourth-ever run in the European Cup/CL. And now we're too big to bother with beating Arsenal.

It's ludicrous, if you take it to its logical conclusion. We beat Real Madrid, so now we apparently *are* Real Madrid. And by the way, even Real Madrid gives a sh*t about its derbies with Atletico - very, very much so.

Don’t like how after one result sweeping conclusions are drawn. All of a sudden we aren’t as well equipped to fight at the top of the league.

We’ve been the most consistent team in England over the last 2 years. We absolutely can be up there again. We had a worse late October / early November last year and still came back to finish on 86 points. Emirates Marketing Project may be changing the game this year and if they do, good luck to them. I guess that’s what unlimited funds can do for you. As it is, there’s every chance we can be up there again. The management has earned the trust that it is possible to believe it, and even likely. Let’s not over-react. If anything, Arsenal fans should be embarrassed that they only play to that level when against us now. And dad that their two best players don’t even want to be there.

We are a good side and a top six side.
We are ATM not a title challenging side due to all the reasons we all know, inconsistencies.
City are consistent and yes as you and I said earlier, money makes the difference.
Chelsea were consistent last season and money and no Europe help them big time.

Man United the best of this bunch, Arsenal and Liverpool are not a title challenging side for varied reasons.

These are not sweeping statements. They are hard truths.
If you listen to media we are failing when last week the best thing since sliced bread.
We are doing ok.

What bigger games? We look down our nose at West Ham and suggest that they're not really big games for us, that its their cup final while it isn't for us. And then we go up 2-0 and lose 3-2 because we couldn't be *rsed.
Now the next step is that the North London Derby isn't a big game for us, that its their cup final while it isn't for us. Then we go 2-0 down and lose without ever giving a sh*t about losing.

What's next? Because I know it's coming if this logic is followed to its conclusion. The Chelsea games aren't big games for us, it's their cup final while it isn't for us, we have bigger things to worry about. The United/City/Liverpool games aren't big games for us, we're too big to bother about them.

I asked that you avoid this sort of logic, mate, because, honestly - it sounds absolutely, positively ludicrous. As if we're Real Madrid, on our 12th CL title and far too big for the Premier League. After one season of finishing 2nd and above them, we're too good to give a sh*t about the Carabao Cup, or the FA Cup, or the North London Derby. We're aiming for 'bigger things' than beating Arsenal at the Emirates.

What the hell do we think we are? We have been trophyless for almost a decade - Poch has won nothing whatsoever in his entire career. We have finished 2nd *once in the quarter-century since the Premier League was founded. This is just our fourth-ever run in the European Cup/CL. And now we're too big to bother with beating Arsenal.

It's ludicrous, if you take it to its logical conclusion. We beat Real Madrid, so now we apparently *are* Real Madrid. And by the way, even Real Madrid gives a sh*t about its derbies with Atletico - very, very much so.

Like this.

We sadly swallow all the media bull and then get upset when we are not as good as they claim.
It is unbelievable.

The West Ham cup game is a great illustration of our current problems.

But I still truly believe we are good team but we have much further to go than many on here think.

Last edited:
I don't, not at all.
Yesterday, for whatever reasons, was not good, we lacked focus, But that hasn't been the case in our PL campaign in general.

Fair enough, although I would partly disagree - we have looked turgid and uninspired many times this season. Not unfocused, but definitely slow, laboured and turgid.

Definitely not the same thing. We had previously made our best start under Poch before the game. We’ve lost to Chelsea, Arsenal and United, two of them away. That’s not unheard of considering just how Good the top 6 currently is. There isn’t much between the sides in terms of quality. So when big moments go against you it can be deflating. We were also missing key players and coming off the back of an international break. All factors.

We will get stronger again I have no doubt

Well, fair enough - we would have to wait until the end of the season to make such a determination anyway. And what you say is true - we have lost to sides on our level. Pretty consistently, mind - we've only beaten Liverpool, and have lost to three other Top Six teams both home and away. It's pretty galling. But other than that, we haven't *lost* outside of a game we threw away against West Ham in the Carabao Cup.

We have, however, drawn against both Burnley and Swansea at home already. Surely that is a cause for concern in this respect?

I think the title is Emirates Marketing Project’s this season, and that is ok. Hopefully not coming ‘oh so close’ for a season will reduce the pressure slightly on our players so we can get into the stadium next year with slightly reduced expectations, and play our game. It must be prettt disheartening to be seen as the team that always gets so close, and you then have to pick yourself up again for a whole new year.

A 4th place finish to get out of Wembley and back home would be fantastic. Then we can work on a few things next summer and hopefully come in all guns blazing.

GHod what an awful weekend...we lose to Arsenal, and United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool all win. I am scraping for positives.

The biggest positive to dig out (and I get it - yesterday was a monumental disappointment) that with no Wanyama, no Rose, no Lamela, no Toby and a half-fit Kane and Dembele, despite a flat performance, and despite already having lost three league games...we are still in the top 4.

I think the manager will be angry. Yes, we got dingdonged on massive decisions, but we still had enough to beat them. We just didn’t do it.

To be able to get away with that right now, with a league so tight, and be in the top 4 is big. We now need 12 from 12, and this squad is capable of going on a great run...I believe!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I really do think we cannot underestimate not being able to play Dier and Winks as DMs yesterday. Massive. And again, if Dembele is there, Winks HAS to be. I am again assuming we are managing a Winks injury? I firmly believe that if those two play, even with a half-fit Hazza we win. I would, going forth, consider going back to Winks and Dier in the deeper roles and go 4-2-3-1 until Toby is back. Especially at places like Emirates Marketing Project...

I really do think we cannot underestimate not being able to play Dier and Winks as DMs yesterday. Massive. And again, if Dembele is there, Winks HAS to be. I am again assuming we are managing a Winks injury? I firmly believe that if those two play, even with a half-fit Hazza we win. I would, going forth, consider going back to Winks and Dier in the deeper roles and go 4-2-3-1 until Toby is back. Especially at places like Emirates Marketing Project...

You mean not playing any defensive mid

It’s why I thought we were playing 4-2-3-1
Play Dier and Dembele in the middle would have won the midfield battle for me

Fair enough, although I would partly disagree - we have looked turgid and uninspired many times this season. Not unfocused, but definitely slow, laboured and turgid.

Well, fair enough - we would have to wait until the end of the season to make such a determination anyway. And what you say is true - we have lost to sides on our level. Pretty consistently, mind - we've only beaten Liverpool, and have lost to three other Top Six teams both home and away. It's pretty galling. But other than that, we haven't *lost* outside of a game we threw away against West Ham in the Carabao Cup.

We have, however, drawn against both Burnley and Swansea at home already. Surely that is a cause for concern in this respect?

We have beaten United twice in the last few seasons
We have beaten Chelsea and drawn twice in the past few seasons
We have drawn three times with arsenal and beaten them once
We have drawn once and beaten Liverpool once
We have beaten city 3 times and drawn once

It’s absolute nonsense about us being any more appalling than any other top 6 side against one another. Generally the home team tend to beat the away sides in these big games or it’s a draw.

This season we have had a couple of bad results against Swansea and Burnley. Chelsea lost to Burnley at home. We have beaten Huddersfield 4-0 where united lost to them.

Aside from city who exactly are running away from us?

United are 3 points above us. They have played Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea
We have now played Chelsea, Liverpool, United, Arsenal

I fail to see why you put these teams on a pedal stool to us. We have far outperformed all of them in the past few seasons and you are doing us a huge disservice in your assessment. We sit currently in fourth, above Arsenal despite playing them away, competing in the champions league (while they effectively have midweeks off), have been without Wanyama and now Alderweireld for lengthy stretches (not even counting the likes of Rose and Lamela).

Personally aside from city right now, I would be disappointed with throwing points away to any other side. That’s not me slating the team, that’s basically how good I think we are now. We underperformed yesterday, but I think there are a host of reasons we can point to. I’d like to see how any top 6 rival would fare against another top 6 side straight after an international break. Mourinho did well to get a point at anfield tbh

Mate perhaps im not explaining myself well. Of course we want to beat arsenal. Of course I want us to beat arsenal. But it doesnt mean as much to me as it did when we were brick.... because even if we did beat them i would be hopeful that it wouldnt be the highlight of our season. Whereas when we were brick if we did beat them, it really was likely to be best bit of the season.

That' all I'm saying. Im' disappointed with how we performed yes. But we are moving in the right direction as a club. So one bad performance, even in the NLD just doesn't get me down as it once did. Because I'm pretty sure it's a blip.

So the ref in 11 minutes into the United game just now, books Hayden for taking down Mata after united break. Dean did not do this for Xhaka rugby tackling our player when we broke.

I know we were brick today, he been booked then he may have got sent off later.

Had Dean had not given that free kick which was clearly not a foul, we may have got to half time at 0-0. Instead we were 2-0 down. Goals change matches and I thought we were ok before that foul.
We were not OK before the foul. They had the upper hand. And, if anything, you would have expected that goal to be a wake-up call for us, but we dominated for only a brief spell in the second half and that was it. I know goals change games, but they came back from a goal down with 10 men two years ago. We didn't even make it close. Why, I do not know, nor will I presume to guess. The bottom line is that in this match we were second best and deserved the result. Let's hope we pick it up moving forward and make finishing in the top-4 a foregone conclusion by the end of February. Title is probably out of our reach, especially with the way City has been playing.

We were not OK before the foul. They had the upper hand. And, if anything, you would have expected that goal to be a wake-up call for us, but we dominated for only a brief spell in the second half and that was it. I know goals change games, but they came back from a goal down with 10 men two years ago. We didn't even make it close. Why, I do not know, nor will I presume to guess. The bottom line is that in this match we were second best and deserved the result. Let's hope we pick it up moving forward and make finishing in the top-4 a foregone conclusion by the end of February. Title is probably out of our reach, especially with the way City has been playing.
You mention two entirely different games. Why does one have any impact on the other. How can you possibly say what will happen based on just 20 mins of football. Ok they had been marginally better, but had they not scored you don’t know that we may have countered and scored ourselves there by completely changing the game. We let ourselves down ultimately, but these fine margins gave them the necessary lift also.

@DubaiSpur, you are not the only one hurting after yesterday. There is not a single Spurs fan who is not aware of where we are as a club, what we've won and not won over the years. You don't need to go on like you are educating us. We are just trying to put a bit of perspective on a bad day in the office and maybe, it's not worth plumbing the depths of despair over a game of football, no matter how important you think it is. You are a wonderful poster, one of my favourite reads on here, but you shift from the sublime when we win to the ridiculous when we lose. Can't you try and find a bit of middle ground?

Back