• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal***

Also, I was thinking about the parallels to the 10-11 season - the last time we looked deadly in the Champions League. That season, we floundered domestically while excelling in Europe, and it was pretty clear then that the players were far more enthused about performing on the biggest stage when compared to doing the bread-and-butter stuff in domestic competitions. I think Dan Louw (the Spurs fan who made the excellent 'Away Days' videos on Youtube) put it best in his video on our victory against Milan at the San Siro - he remarked that it was utterly incredible that we'd beaten one of the best sides in Europe on their own patch, and that it was all the more funny because we'd probably lose to Blackpool the following weekend.

And then we *did* lose to Blackpool that weekend.

Does anyone think that the same sort of phenomenon might be affecting our players this time around? I.e, that we're entranced by the glamour and prestige of the CL nights and thus look a different side there when compared to in the PL? Open question - haven't made my mind up by any means.
Definitely not the same thing. We had previously made our best start under Poch before the game. We’ve lost to Chelsea, Arsenal and United, two of them away. That’s not unheard of considering just how Good the top 6 currently is. There isn’t much between the sides in terms of quality. So when big moments go against you it can be deflating. We were also missing key players and coming off the back of an international break. All factors.

We will get stronger again I have no doubt

Although injuries forced Poch's hand we can't be playing with one orthodox deep lying central midfielder in such a game. Having first dembele and then winks in there on their own left us exposed and our options limited during the midfield battle. What should have been our base and springboard for attacks was non existent with just one man in there.

Mike Dean needs to be seriously looked at now and either demoted or thrown out by the leader of the referees. Mistakes happen of course and in the heat of the moment, with a second to make decisions people make mistakes. It's why I don't blame the linesman for missing the two offside goals as there was little in it and therefore hard to see - for those ones we need VAR asap. It's totally ridiculous that with a quick look at the replay both their goals should have been ruled out yet in 2017 there allowed to stand. It's embarrassing to the game. I also don't blame dean for missing the penalty on Kane. There wasn't a lot in it and could have gone either way, although Ian Wright conceded it was ultimately the wrong decision from dean as it was a penalty.

But dean needs to now be looked at and action taken accordingly as although you can forgive decisions open to interpretation, you cannot forgive that twice now his strange mind has seen things that quite clearly and simply did not happen. First against Swansea Aurier should have a stonewall penalty, yet dean inexplicably invents a handball against Aurier which prevents the penalty from being given. And today the imperious and motm imo Davinson Sanchez, is frankly disgustingly penalised for a brilliant piece of defending by deans breathtaking invention in his presumably rapidly deteriorating mind, that Davinson Sanchez was pulling that midget clams shirt.

How is this guy coming up with these two decisions based both times on things that simply clearly did not occur?

He genuinely needs to be looked at and action taken accordingly by those in charge.

As for the Anal and south London's finest - enjoy this cheating win and know that 2/3 of your frontline are fudging off on free transfers to the mancs in little over six months, know that your an illegal brick franchise club from woolwich and know that we will utterly batter you at Wembley.

The most bizarre decisions are granit not getting booked but a talking to when during that talking to he clearly points across field to a previous foul, but then books kane for his first foul that he didn' even see! Ref was really bad but the linesman on that side clearly fishes us over.

i agree with BoL - we got bullied. physically and psychologically.

poch made a big mistake that is to persist with the high line despite of not having a regular lilne up, he needs to look at that decision again.

and its clear we lack depth to win the title.

The most bizarre decisions are granit not getting booked but a talking to when during that talking to he clearly points across field to a previous foul, but then books kane for his first foul that he didn' even see! Ref was really bad but the linesman on that side clearly fishes us over.
Xhaka did 3 blatant yellow car offences, he should've been off after 30 mins tops

Definitely not the same thing. We had previously made our best start under Poch before the game. We’ve lost to Chelsea, Arsenal and United, two of them away. That’s not unheard of considering just how Good the top 6 currently is. There isn’t much between the sides in terms of quality. So when big moments go against you it can be deflating. We were also missing key players and coming off the back of an international break. All factors.

We will get stronger again I have no doubt

Yep your right

Yesterday showed to me a Big issue with international breaks too

Half team didn’t have international call ups so we’re fresh and it showed

The constant demand on players for more and more games is going to get worst too with the new tournament

poch made a big mistake that is to persist with the high line despite of not having a regular lilne up, he needs to look at that decision again.

I think the title is Emirates Marketing Project’s this season, and that is ok. Hopefully not coming ‘oh so close’ for a season will reduce the pressure slightly on our players so we can get into the stadium next year with slightly reduced expectations, and play our game. It must be prettt disheartening to be seen as the team that always gets so close, and you then have to pick yourself up again for a whole new year.

A 4th place finish to get out of Wembley and back home would be fantastic. Then we can work on a few things next summer and hopefully come in all guns blazing.

GHod what an awful weekend...we lose to Arsenal, and United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool all win. I am scraping for positives.

I’d say we are still quite some way off really challenging for a title. Poch has made real inroads but we still have mental weaknesses and we can be tactically naive in some matches, especially away games against the big six.

I’d say we are still quite some way off really challenging for a title. Poch has made real inroads but we still have mental weaknesses and we can be tactically naive in some matches, especially away games against the big six.

All a part of the learning curve. It doesn't feel that long ago that our record against the top teams was bemoaned, full stop.
Now it's mainly our away record. We're getting there.

Not really. Last season, as you know, we finished with 86 points, a total that would have been enough to win the title the season before. We are on the right track by beating the clubs outside the top 6 easily and winning our home games against the top clubs. We need a combination of luck and more belief to take points away from home. Coming away with a win at one of their rivals' grounds is a bonus for any of the top 6. None of them expect it.

Look, yesterday hurt but we can be a little too harsh after a loss. It was down to a combination of factors; Alli and Kane not fit, Eriksen, unfortunately was involved in 2 big games on Friday and Tuesday. That's our front three effectively not 100%. That is a lot to overcome. Injuries are really hurting us this season. Those three not really "with it" meant we could not press them effectively from the front, something vital to our game.

But in the end the match hinged on some appalling referee decisions. I am not one to slate referees but Mike Dean and his officials had a stinker. The French twit was outspoken in his criticism of Sterling last time out, had a smug smile on his face yesterday though. We never get much luck up there. Remember last season the Wimmer own goal when 2 arsenal players were offside?

Some perspective though, yesterday was the first time under Poch we have gone to the effeminates and been outplayed.

We were not 'outplayed' @Robspur12

I agree it was a shock to the system to see Arsenal actually play that well. Arsenal should be pushing City not struggling where they are. They are far better equipped to make a tip a the title than we are. Some perspective is needed here. Just because the media build up Spurs to the silly levels of late, let us keep our feet on the ground.
We were never favourites yesterday.

I agree it was a shock to the system to see Arsenal actually play that well. Arsenal should be pushing City not struggling where they are. They are far better equipped to make a tip a the title than we are. Some perspective is needed here. Just because the media build up Spurs to the silly levels of late, let us keep our feet on the ground.

There players shouldn’t be emabarrased though to turn up for one game and not the bext

They are not better equipped. They should be but they are not. I am not worried about one result. Just because they beat us in a one off game which has come at a bad time for us personally, does not suddenly make them world beaters. It's the first time in 8 games (under Poch) where they have actually played well. I think had we had a fit side out there the game would have been different. Let them have their moment. We will see where they end up.

I dont actually care about them. My disappointment lies in the fact that we are miles behind City like we were Chelsea last season. Seems like our title dreams are disappearing again for another season unfortunately.

They are not better equipped. They should be but they are not. I am not worried about one result. Just because they beat us in a one off game which has come at a bad time for us personally, does not suddenly make them world beaters. It's the first time in 8 games (under Poch) where they have actually played well. I think had we had a fit side out there the game would have been different. Let them have their moment. We will see where they end up.

I dont actually care about them. My disappointment lies in the fact that we are miles behind City like we were Chelsea last season. Seems like our title dreams are disappearing again for another season unfortunately.

Everyone is miles behind city though

Despite some protests it’s what happens when you can literally waste money

Just heard about arsenal tweeting a reporter for his choice of combined team selection

And then their fans abused him anti Semiticly and homophobilcy

Not really. Last season, as you know, we finished with 86 points, a total that would have been enough to win the title the season before. We are on the right track by beating the clubs outside the top 6 easily and winning our home games against the top clubs. We need a combination of luck and more belief to take points away from home. Coming away with a win at one of their rivals' grounds is a bonus for any of the top 6. None of them expect it.

Look, yesterday hurt but we can be a little too harsh after a loss. It was down to a combination of factors; Alli and Kane not fit, Eriksen, unfortunately was involved in 2 big games on Friday and Tuesday. That's our front three effectively not 400%. That is a lot to overcome. Injuries are really hurting us this season. Those three not really "with it" meant we could not press them effectively from the front, something vital to our game.

But in the end the match hinged on some appalling referee decisions. I am not one to slate referees but Mike Dean and his officials had a stinker. The French twit was outspoken in his criticism of Sterling last time out, had a smug smile on his face yesterday though. We never get much luck up there. Remember last season the Wimmer own goal when 2 arsenal players were offside?

Some perspective though, yesterday was the first time under Poch we have gone to the effeminates and been outplayed.

There players shouldn’t be emabarrased though to turn up for one game and not the bext

We got a lot of points, yes, but we didn’t really challenge at any stage, just as we didn’t against Leicester. I would doubt we’ll challenge this season - it is already beginning to look too much of a gap to bridge. So, we’re still quite a bit of a way off really being in the thick of a title race and we will need to continue to improve our mental strength if we are really going to achieve that. If anyone can do it then I’m sure Poch can.

On Bedford’s point, I suppose some would argue we didn’t really turn up yesterday. Arsenal are undefeated in 17 at home, I think, so they’re not doing too badly. We’re only a point ahead of them, so they must be turning up almost as much as us.

Last edited:
We got a lot of points, yes, but we didn’t really challenge at any stage, just as we didn’t against Leicester. I would doubt we’ll challenge this season - it is already beginning to look too much of a gap to bridge. So, we’re still quite a bit of a way off really being in the thick of a title race and we will need to continue to improve our mental strength if we are really going to achieve.

If anyone can do that then I’m sure Poch can.

On Bedford’s point, I suppose some would argue we didn’t really turn up yesterday. Arsenal are undefeated in 17 at home, I think, so they’re not doing too badly. We’re only a point ahead of them, after all.

And united are undefeated in 38 home games
The big teams don’t genwrally lose at home
Mou hasn’t been any of the top teams away form home at united
Wenger has the worst record of all the top 6 I believe against each other
The team that wins the league takes the big points
But you can stay top 4 by beating everyone else as arsenal have shown historically

Because our biggest game of the season so far was against Madrid... and theirs was against us.

I know you are disappointed dude. We all are but fudge it... It's one game, and it means more to them than us... we have bigger fish to fry.
We have bigger fish to fry? Really?? Like what? So a league game vs our biggest rival, with the possibility of going 7 points clear of them, and keeping in touch with the league leaders with a win, vs going 11 points behind the leaders with a loss, is to small a game for us to care about. Right!! That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time!

Last edited:

Arsenal have far more of the fuel that runs modern football, MONEY!
Our fans often say “I don’t care about Arsenal” then meltdown down when we lose, like yesterday.
We are not and never have been serious title contenders, our one big chance was catching Leicester and we know how that ended.

We have won some great battles, like against Liverpool and Real. But we are not equipped to win a campaign, YET

chin up and COYS

We are actually closer in financial income terms to West Ham than our so called "rivals" Arsenal. @diego_maradona

Arsenal £350m
Spurs £209m
West Ham £144m
But I’m not disputing this. I’m saying we are better equipped right now in terms of our team, set up, manager etc to challenge for the title this season than they are. I agree they SHOULD be challenging City but they aren’t

Back