• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal***

I don’t think anyone has said we are rubbish, per se.
Just that we were rubbish today.
And childlike or not, I’m hugely disappointed at the result and with how we played.
I am sulking.

No we were not. We lost away to another top side.

Trouble comes from all the league title contenders talk, its hype nothing more.

I don't agree with the 'lack of desire'. Players like Eriksen were tired from getting Denmark into the WC. But I think we just missed some key players, and we weren't playing with a settled side. Dembele's first start in how long, Dier at CB... We needed Alli and Eriksen to make up a strong midfield, but they were both lacking today. Our passing was lacking. We had many chances to pick them off on the break first half. But we were too sloppy under pressure with too many lose passes. Yet we still created plenty of chances.

Davidson Sanchez had his name sake in his pocket. So impressed with him. No one could outpace him either.

Could have been 5-0 to them.

Pathetic. Utterly pathetic. No fight, no heart, no spine, no balls.

Three players can hold their heads high. Moussa Sissoko. Davinson Sanchez. Hugo Lloris.

Everyone else didn't deserve to wear the damn shirt today. Including Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen.

No one wanted it. Credit to Arsenal, they were the vastly superior team from the first minute to the 94th. But not one of our players wanted to win - dozy, lazy, disinterested, and ultimately lost without a single damn given.

I often see pundits trot out this 'wanted it more' line to excuse having to do more intellectually taxing tactical analysis...but that's all that it was today. They wanted it more. Unforgivably, our lot didn't want it at all.

If you think you're Real Madrid, lads, you're not. If Henry flatters you in Sky Sports interviews, if the pundits praise you, if the media purrs over you, you get big heads. You get soft. You believe your own hype.

And then you get shown up by a team that wants it more - and too late, you realize that is all that separated you from them.

Pathetic.

Someone said about key players not playing, who? The onlyone I can think of is Toby! We were just not up for it today, end of! Let hem have a little bit of joy!

If only Son Heung Min had worn his shooting boots today, we might’ve snatched a late draw with those 2 half chances that he snatched at...

Clear cut chances. He *never* scores those, and I didn't even bother hoping as soon as it fell to him.

He scores when it's insanely difficult or impossible to execute. Give him an open goal, he fluffs it every single time. It's just him.

I’ll probably get slated for this but I’d have loved to see a bit of what happened at Chelsea a few seasons ago today.

If we weren’t going to be good enough, and we simply weren’t, I’d have liked to see a bit of hurt and even a bit of petulance. We pretty much accepted our fate.

They deserved it. Let them be happy - we mock their mental weakness, but their lads proved more mentally strong than ours today.

A couple of thoughts. The goals were both illegitimate. The first should not have been a free kick and the scorer was offside...clearly. The second goal was clearly created from an off side position. I called the result to my brother after two minutes. We were lethargic and second to every ball. Poch got his selections badly wrong today and his subs. Rose should have started today. Davies was getting butchered from early on and I would have had him off after 30 minutes. Sissoko? I think Dembele needs to have the screen put around him and shot... his legs have gone. The subs were as usual far too late. How are Son and Lloriente meant to do anything in ten minutes? Davison was tremendous and Winks was good too, other than that we were brick. I thought Vertonghen was injured too by the way. The ref was a homer and tell me this....what does Jim Beglin have against Spurs. He cheered on every Gooner move and had not one positive comment to make about us for the whole game. Can't remember the commentator's name, but he's a Gooner too. Thanks for that... fudged my weekend up.

Stat of the day. Wenger has beaten every Spurs manager he us faced (10 of 11). The exception? Christian Gross.

Time to bring him back???

Back