• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AEL Limassol Thu 28th Aug 19.45 KO***

Think Sandro has done well tonight, though not sure you can change transfer plans based on one game. Still dont think the CM balance in our squad is very good though given that we have four senior CMs (sandro, Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue) none of whom are particularly incisive passers. In particular Sandro and Capoue in particular are too similar for me

No way, Capoue has far more passing range than Sandro. Agree there's no-one particularly incisive though.

Remember all the clean sheets we used to get at the start of last season. Things can only get better etc... Hmmm....

We move cautiously forward

What impressed me most tonight was the performance when we did not have the ball. Against possession sides, we are going to be hard to play against.

That was never a penalty, the third goal. Chipped up onto his arm in 0.01 seconds, there was no way the defender could avoid that.

Ha ha Jenas! The cheek of it. He said that Dembele has been here for a while and he'd like to see him step it up a bit.

Pot, kettle, black.

English is by far the most widely spoken language in Europe

Quite, but not being the first language of the target or the more influential European press i thought it an interesting choice, French would have been the obvious one IMO.

Sorry to offend you, I'll run all my posts by you first from now on, cheers.
Sorry mate, my Mrs is polish and we get quite a bit of abuse at times, so I'm a bit defensive about anything directed at Poland.
My emotions often get the better of me when it comes to Poland, and my polish team isn't even Legia.
Again sorry mate.

Surprised there were so many empty seats tonight. When I checked earlier today there were only six available seats.

Im not. This is a 'free' game for ST holders and im sure the majority of empty seats were those ST holders, I know I wasnt there.

Sorry mate, my Mrs is polish and we get quite a bit of abuse at times, so I'm a bit defensive about anything directed at Poland.
My emotions often get the better of me when it comes to Poland, and my polish team isn't even Legia.
Again sorry mate.

Fair enough, it wasn't a polish dig in anyway though, sorry if you thought otherwise.

Fair enough, it wasn't a polish dig in anyway though, sorry if you thought otherwise.
I know I'm taking this off topic, but it is shocking the way UEFA dealt with this, anyone think Real, Barca, Chelsea, The scum, would have been kicked out on such a stupid technicality?
I was really hoping Chelsea would draw a polish team in the champs league this season, see if they would try taking the **** the way they did in Paris last year. The polish Hooley scene is mental, practically paramilitary, anyway.
Thought Kane was decent tonight, Andros ****e, and pleasedon't sell the Beast Tottenham, I truly believe he's a legendary captain in the making, a born leader.

I've not been so impressed. Clearly AEL are not a particularly good team and they know they are going out. Meanwhile a few players have not done very well.

OK some players have done OK but against opposition like this, they haven't really shone IMO. I think Defoe would have got a couple tonight for instance.

This.........................................................................

Defoe was a brilliant striker against weak opposition...

he would have bagged at least three tonight...

It doesnt say much for our strike force does it!

This.........................................................................

Defoe was a brilliant striker against weak opposition...

he would have bagged at least three tonight...

It doesnt say much for our strike force does it!

:|

Back