• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AEL Limassol Thu 28th Aug 19.45 KO***

Tonight was a good runout for the likes of Dembele, Davies etc. We've played a couple of sh1t teams in a row though, we should learn a bit more on Sunday.

Kane, Chiriches and Paulinho certainly impressed tonight. Don't think anyone else did much more than expected, although I think Holtby looked very lively when he came on.

Personally I felt we were using a different system tonight to what we have been used to seeing in the league, something closer to a 433/4411. Against QPR on the weekend Chadli, Lamela and Eriksen stayed relatively close to one another, but tonight Townsend and Lennon kept wide.

I can't believe that people thought Sandro was good tonight, he seem to think that run round like a headless chicken was expected, his passing was worse than usual. He's obviously lacking match practices and it's matches he needs, but he was poor and a half decent side would have exploited his lack of composure. It's no use saying someone is good just because you like them. I don't think there would be many players who played tonight who would have been pleased with their performance, just glad to get some time on the pitch.

I can't believe that people thought Sandro was good tonight, he seem to think that run round like a headless chicken was expected, his passing was worse than usual. He's obviously lacking match practices and it's matches he needs, but he was poor and a half decent side would have exploited his lack of composure. It's no use saying someone is good just because you like them. I don't think there would be many players who played tonight who would have been pleased with their performance, just glad to get some time on the pitch.

Yet Scott Parker got Journo's palyer of the year ...........

This.........................................................................

Defoe was a brilliant striker against weak opposition...

he would have bagged at least three tonight...

It doesnt say much for our strike force does it!

all depends how the manager approached the game really - did he send the back ups out and tell them to prove their worth, to bust a gut and thrash a mediocre opponent OR send did he send them out with a game plan in line with how we expect them to play when in the first team - the end result/performance isn't as impressive as it could have been but the manager learns more about the players and their worth to his system.

(not saying either option is how we approached the game)

We look to be running out of steam a little.

Which is fair enough. Sandro, paulinho, dembele all have very few minute under their belt so far this season.

i think we're going to see a lot of this in the early part of the season. we are very hardworking especially all the chasing done up front. quite a role reversal. when defoe was here he would conserve his energy and stay fresh. now its lloris who needs to be fresh and alert.

Kane impressed? Bloody hell. He tries, but he's not close to being good enough. His shooting is quite embarassing, he's pretty slow and cumbersome... Townsend also isn't good enough. He offers no goal threat, no assist threat and doesn't keep the flow of a move going.

Other than, really enjoyable game! Impressive from the reserves. Chiriches was really impressive, why are we trying to get rid of this guy?

Kane impressed? Bloody hell. He tries, but he's not close to being good enough. His shooting is quite embarassing, he's pretty slow and cumbersome... Townsend also isn't good enough. He offers no goal threat, no assist threat and doesn't keep the flow of a move going.

Other than, really enjoyable game! Impressive from the reserves. Chiriches was really impressive, why are we trying to get rid of this guy?
Good night, Darren!
Very happy to meet you. We had a great and exciting time. Really nice to see that we have two solid teams. I've seen 7 goalies already: our lads are making me even prouder of them!

We are absolutely NOT trying to get rid of him. He is one of the defenders who naturally plays Poch's game. Trust me, we're not looking to shift him.

We are absolutely NOT trying to get rid of him. He is one of the defenders who naturally plays Poch's game. Trust me, we're not looking to shift him.

Hope so. Always been impressive. So do you think Naughton is maybe getting shipped out with Dier as right back cover, or kaboul?

Good night, Darren!
Very happy to meet you. We had a great and exciting time. Really nice to see that we have two solid teams. I've seen 7 goalies already: our lads are making me even prouder of them!

Yeah great game. You're certainly a lucky mascot. Good win against Liverpool! Then if we collapse when you go back to Russia it's definitely your fault :)

Im not. This is a 'free' game for ST holders and im sure the majority of empty seats were those ST holders, I know I wasnt there.

They should change that then. Make the first group match the 'free game' instead. Maybe more of them will attend that game. And then people who actually wants to see the qualifier gets the chance to buy a ticket.

Do you know this for a fact Steff or just a hunch? I certainly hope you're right, why we'd want to get rid of him I have no idea....

Having taken the kids up to watch last night (we all thought they did pretty well for what was effectively a B team) I have some questions about the opposition:

1. Did their fans actually watch the game ?- (they made an amzing amount of noise and all seemed to be dancing all the time, but the tempo of their songs didn't vary depending on what was happening on the pitch.)
2. Does anyone know how their first-choice goalie is ( and incidentally why wasn't he sent off ( or to be more accurate red-carded as he was carried off)) ?
3. How the f*ck did they beat Zenit ?

Having taken the kids up to watch last night (we all thought they did pretty well for what was effectively a B team) I have some questions about the opposition:

1. Did their fans actually watch the game ?- (they made an amzing amount of noise and all seemed to be dancing all the time, but the tempo of their songs didn't vary depending on what was happening on the pitch.)
2. Does anyone know how their first-choice goalie is ( and incidentally why wasn't he sent off ( or to be more accurate red-carded as he was carried off)) ?
3. How the f*ck did they beat Zenit ?

Just my views,

1. They are probably used to being turned over by bigger sides in Europe, and know their own sides limitations, so they just enjoy the night and support their team regardless
2. No idea how he is, but there were covering defenders getting back behind him which is why he was only booked.
3. They have a pretty good home record, but an abysmal away record. Probably because the 'bigger' teams are used to playing on a snooker table-like pitch, not a sunday league-like one! A couple of years ago they beat Anderlecht and Marseille at home, but lost both away games. Same as beating Zenit at home but losing in Russia.

Nice to see us win and keep another clean sheet. Credit to Kane, Paulinho and Townsend for the goals. It was really nice to see Paulinho scoring again. I think he needs to score more goals like that if he wants to have a long term future at Spurs.

As for Europa League, hope we will try our best to win it since the winner get the CL place next season.

Back