• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AEL Limassol Thu 28th Aug 19.45 KO***

09 Soldado
18 Kane
14 Holtby
07 Lennon
19 Dembélé
24 Friedel
33 Davies

You can only have 7 subs, so supposing Walker had been fit chances are he would have started. That means someone drops from the starting line up and someone else from the bench. Lets say Holtby is removed off the bench, that leaves us with Sandro, Townsend, Holtby and Paulinho out of the first team squad. And what about Federico Fazio when he signs? At the very least he goes on the bench and then you take out say, Kane. That leaves us with Kane, Sandro, Townsend, Holtby and Paulinho outside the match day squad.

We need to get use to the fact that we will have a first team squad of about 25-27 players and a match day squad of 18. Lets not suggest if you are not in the 18 then you automatically have no future at the club

I'm not suggesting that. I'm suggesting that if you aren't in the 18 AND there are strong rumours of you being sold/bids being put in, then perhaps said player won't be played in a game like this one. When the window is shut, then yeah.

--------------------------Lloris------------------------

Naughton------------Fazio----------Chiriches--------Davies

----------------------Paulinho---Dembele-----------------

----Lennon----------------Holtby-------------Townsend--

---------------------------Kane--------------------------

How come Vorm isn't able to? Sorry if the questions already been asked before but surely these games are pretty important for him getting settled and getting a good feeling about his move here. Don't get me wrong I love seeing Friedal play, have so much respect for the guy but the reason that Vorm has been brought in surely is that he replicates the system we have with Lloris, it's a completely different job for defenders to play in front of Brad

How come Vorm isn't able to? Sorry if the questions already been asked before but surely these games are pretty important for him getting settled and getting a good feeling about his move here. Don't get me wrong I love seeing Friedal play, have so much respect for the guy but the reason that Vorm has been brought in surely is that he replicates the system we have with Lloris, it's a completely different job for defenders to play in front of Brad

not fit, poch has him on his own fitness regime at the moment

Saw it mentioned on twitter that behind the scenes there may be an issue with a court case over his sale involving Swansea and a previous club. Not sure if there is any truth in it.

Not sure how it could affect him playing for us in any way to be honest.

I've mentioned a few times over the past fortnight or so that this is a worry, and may be connected to the Utrecht complaint and subsequent FIFA investigation into his transfer. It's all speculation of course, may simply be he's not fit enough yet. However, I read somewhere that he's now training with the team. IF so, and IF he still isn't on the bench on Sunday, then certainly I will be very concerned over the situation, unless the club clarify the matter of course.

Saw it mentioned on twitter that behind the scenes there may be an issue with a court case over his sale involving Swansea and a previous club. Not sure if there is any truth in it.

Not sure how it could affect him playing for us in any way to be honest.

This is all speculation, and I have no ITK on the matter. However, what is on record is that Utretch were apparently told by Swansea that Vorm was signed by us, I think on a free, certainly for a very low fee, which meant Utrecht didn't get any/sufficient amount of the sell on fee they thought they would receive.

Now I don't know how much Vorm was sold for, nor do I have a clue how the negotiations went between Spurs and Swansea. It was a complicated process involving Davies, Siggy and Vorm. Make of what might have gone on what you will. The fact that Vorm hasn't appeared yet, and the fact that Vorm's transfer has a 'cloud' over it, means that something just possibly might be awry with the situation.'

I sincerely hope Vorm is on the bench v Pool, and plays for us soon, be it in the Lge Cup or Europa Lge, and everything is 'cushty'.

Last edited:
He can't play as he wasn't in the squad list submitted to UEFA. So fit or not, court case or not, he wouldn't be lining up for us tomorrow.

So y'all choose to ignore when Poch said he won't play because he's on his own special training plan? Cool.

He can't play as he wasn't in the squad list submitted to UEFA. So fit or not, court case or not, he wouldn't be lining up for us tomorrow.

That's correct, and I was already aware of that when I made my posts, but why wasn't Vorm on the bench v QPR? It may be he wasn't fit enough, we don't know. But I will be concerned if he's not on the bench v Pool, unless as I say the club have clarified the matter further.

Last edited:
So y'all choose to ignore when Poch said he won't play because he's on his own special training plan? Cool.

I'm certainly not ignoring what Poch said, but if you're referring to me I suggest you read my post again. I specifically mentioned the potential significance of Vorm being seen in our training pictures. Cool :)

Last edited:
I know Vorm won't be playing as he isn't registered. But posts about him not being involved because of a dispute between Utrecht and swansea are surely baseless. To start off is he is our player now. The Utrecht beef is with swans not us . For someone to prove we would have colluded/ for a fee to be set for Utrecht would surely take months.

I know Vorm won't be playing as he isn't registered. But posts about him not being involved because of a dispute between Utrecht and swansea are surely baseless. To start off is he is our player now. The Utrecht beef is with swans not us . For someone to prove we would have colluded/ for a fee to be set for Utrecht would surely take months.
Posts that said that might be baseless, then again they might not. Posts like mine that wonder what's going on with Vorm are in my IMO not baseless, but raising a valid concern as to why we haven't seen Vorm in action or even sitting on the bench. As I've said I can live with the 'special fitness plan' idea as a reason, but IF he is now training with the team, then I think if he isn't on the bench on Sunday, I would like further info from the club as to why. From reading various forums etc, some Spurs fans are confused by the situation.

How long does it take for a gk to be fit though lvg wouldn't of let him have a holiday during the world cup so has he got fat since the world cup?

Just wondering about an update on Walker and Sandro

How long before Walker returns to full fitness ?

And is it so that Sandro is actually fit but he just isn't good enough to make the squad (in Pochetino's eyes anyways ) ?

I've no information about the supposed complaint by Utrecht, and his UEFA registration is clearly a separate issue, but if there are official questions being asked about the transfer, who knows where that might lead? If rules were deemed to have been broken, and in the meantime he had appeared in competitive games for us, we could end up on the wrong end of a "fielding an ineligible player" rap.

Back