• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Leicester City

I think the thing that is most galling about this result for me is that we have always assumed if we score first against such defensive/park-the-bus teams it would suit US as the game would open up, we would exploit the space given up etc etc

The fact that we couldn't hold onto a lead for more than 5 mins against such a side is actually a disgrace imo

Imagine if/when we play a better offensive side? All these draws (going back to last season as well) are starting to make me worry again about whether our methodology under Poch really is krypton factor over actual football (like composure in attack, increase in creative skills etc) and we are hitting a ceiling...

I think the thing that is most galling about this result for me is that we have always assumed if we score first against such defensive/park-the-bus teams it would suit US as the game would open up, we would exploit the space given up etc etc

The fact that we couldn't hold onto a lead for more than 5 mins against such a side is actually a disgrace imo

Imagine if/when we play a better offensive side? All these draws (going back to last season as well) are starting to make me worry again about whether our methodology under Poch really is krypton factor over actual football (like composure in attack, increase in creative skills etc) and we are hitting a ceiling...

But their goal was freakishly bad

It was down to a bad error of our own and nothing to do with their creativity or efforts

But their goal was freakishly bad

It was down to a bad error of our own and nothing to do with their creativity or efforts

Which was exactly my point - and that our creativity seems to be waning; when our defensive solidity was rock solid (this was the first game we have gone ahead this season and NOT held on to win) it was not so much of a problem...

leicester didn't create anything, the D is fine other than the odd fudge up, sadly that's been one a game recently

Illustration:

6 draws = 6 points.

2 wins, 4 losses = 6 points.

Being undefeated is swell and all, but winning the odd game really gives you some margin for bad results.

Which was exactly my point - and that our creativity seems to be waning; when our defensive solidity was rock solid (this was the first game we have gone ahead this season and NOT held on to win) it was not so much of a problem...

I thought the defence was done and it was just bad luck and an error

We haven't made any errors like that all a season

Illustration:

6 draws = 6 points.

2 wins, 4 losses = 6 points.

Being undefeated is swell and all, but winning the odd game really gives you some margin for bad results.
Yes and Pochettino and us all here have recognised that we are in a bad run of form since the City result.

I thought the defence was done and it was just bad luck and an error

We haven't made any errors like that all a season

I agree; but sadly it's magnified much more due to our creativity issues as i say.....oh well not long before we see if this result is a blip or not...

Yes and Pochettino and us all here have recognised that we are in a bad run of form since the City result.

I know I'm not saying anything that's not obvious, it just really kicked my derriere today to see the recent results of clubs around us in the table. Still, being g unbeaten is an accomplishment of which to be proud.

first off we have to start transitioning the ball faster. We seemed scared to get the ball forward quickly and looked more comfortable passing sideways or backwards.

This this and this, so frustrating.

Attack wise were playing within ourselves

Defensively were in control and playing bang on

It's a strange mix as we don't play defensive footy

people keep bangin on about Kane but he's not going to get different service to Janssen

the problem is the AM, it's not performing
Putting on a wider perspective... Tactics. I see other teams attacking quickly down the wings getting more successful cross "connections" than us. Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project do this well with what seems repeatable, well drilled executions.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Watch how The scum do it. Quick incisive passing, with lots of forward movement. Yes, they turn over possession, but that's a risk they are prepared to make.

Watch how The scum do it. Quick incisive passing, with lots of forward movement. Yes, they turn over possession, but that's a risk they are prepared to make.
Yes that's a good example. Running the channels or fast down the wings, the early cross is always looking for 2 players in the box.

I see that Poch is harping about more aggression from the midfield now. I don't see how this can ensure more goals... But I see our yellow cards count rapidly rising...

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back