• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur - Leicester City

I must say that whilst I am certain you are a very nice chap, you do seem to have become very much a "glass half empty" type of poster this season. There is a wonderful book that you might want to look for on Amazon. It's called "coping with life's disappointments". It may help??

I found it invaluable during the latter parts of Harry Redknapp's stint. I think It should be given away free with Season ticket

I'm pretty tinkled off football wise, because this seasons recruitment or lack there of not including the excellent Wanyama, has left us looking slightly 'under cooked' squad depth wise, when the like of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal are looking like the winning offerings from the Bake Off!

Last edited:
I found it invaluable during the latter parts of Harry Redknapp's stint. I think It should be given away free with Season ticket

I'm pretty tinkleed off football wise, because this seasons recruitment or lack there of not including the excellent Wanyama, has left us looking slightly 'under cooked' squad depth wise, when the like of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal are looking like the winning offerings from the Bake Off!
And Bake Off was won by a Spurs supporter - See how wasy it can be to be blissfully optimistic when we haven't won in 6 and have a blunt attack?

And Bake Off was won by a Spurs supporter - See how easy it can be to be blissfully optimistic when we haven't won in 6 and have a blunt attack?

Wasy? Got it EASY
Never watch it, I would put on a couple of pound just watching it. The cakes look very yummy, my Mrs brings it my attention to wind me up! Because of my love of such things!

Last edited:

I'm pretty tinkleed off football wise, because this seasons recruitment or lack there of not including the excellent Wanyama, has left us looking slightly 'under cooked' squad depth wise, when the like of Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Arsenal are looking like the winning offerings from the Bake Off!

Its early days yet Dude, if certain players find form we may yet have a decent season. November will be a defining month for our team, luckily for me I shall be in the UK and at games, carrying a copy of the book

Its early days yet Dude, if certain players find form we may yet have a decent season. November will be a defining month for our team, luckily for me I shall be in the UK and at games, carrying a copy of the book

The book is now committed to memory, it has to be or I could not have ever supported Spurs over the past 50 years.

I was OK after the WBA draw, it can happen! Now we have dropped 6 points. I hate drawing at home. I've seen it far too often from many Spurs team in recent times.

Was hoping we would move forward from the malaise of end of last season, but our attack looks woeful. Unless we can play Stoke away every game.
Think the City win was brilliant but we may have peaked a little early in the season ;)

Last edited:
Interesting choice of words

I know but I think its fair then

Its no good beating Emirates Marketing Project if we can't turn in that level of performance against weaker teams

Emirates Marketing Project was exceptionally good on the pitch an tactically too

The last 3 league games have been no where near that level

Hopefully the next 3 will be

Yet wasn't it only 10 days ago that if we'd won we'd have been top of the league? Seems like a very shortsighted / reactionary view to me based on a few games where we didn't lose.

What would you have been saying about this Chelsea side and their winning offerings after they got done 3-0 v arsenal? Or after arsenal v boro, pool v burnley, or city after their 2 week losing / drawing spell?

Spot on @Bedfordspurs

Arsenal - West Ham - Chelsea all hard to predict. Ill go for draw - draw - loss on current form.
Harry is not in my thinking results wise till December.

Yet wasn't it only 10 days ago that if we'd won we'd have been top of the league? Seems like a very shortsighted / reactionary view to me based on a few games where we didn't lose.

What would you have been saying about this Chelsea side and their winning offerings after they got done 3-0 v arsenal? Or after arsenal v boro, pool v burnley, or city after their 2 week losing / drawing spell?

Top of the league is nice but does not mean much this early.
"shortsighted / reactionary" Maybe more impatient - Don't like dropping points at home to inferior teams.
Chelsea - after their bad run poor/dodgy, recently much improved/excellent
Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool all better than us now. Now is what matters i.e Arsenal, Leicester is gone history

You seem to be putting a lot of weight on good things happening at other clubs this early, why not Spurs?

This is not 'early' GD, its november tomorrow. We have Arsenal then another joyous International break, we will all be stuffing our faces with mince pies before we know where we are.

This is not 'early' GD, its november tomorrow. We have Arsenal then another joyous International break, we will all be stuffing our faces with mince pies before we know where we are.

So 10 days ago was too early but now it's not too early? When did the last week of October become the cut off point? I have a feeling it depends on what results we'd got to see whether this marker was moved forward or back?

By the way I'm not ecstatic with results of the last 3 games, I'm just querying why other clubs, who have had similar blips so far, are not criticized in the same way?

Top of the league is nice but does not mean much this early.
"shortsighted / reactionary" Maybe more impatient - Don't like dropping points at home to inferior teams.
Chelsea - after their bad run poor/dodgy, recently much improved/excellent
Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool all better than us now. Now is what matters i.e Arsenal, Leicester is gone history

But will their good form last? Will they get injury stop key players? Will they get fatigue?

Could argue that Chelsea and Pool are benefitting form no europe - helped Liverpool under Brenton massively
I do think chelsea are quite one dimensional and if you stop Hazard they have no attacking plan B
Arsenal who knows... its November, their least favourite month and they have some hard games. They haven't beaten anyone of quality yet IMO and still look like flat track bullies but everyone see them as a team on the up. I think they have defensive issues still but it doesn't mean they won't be there or there about as usual
City we all know about. The only thing that will stop them IMO is themselves. Most teams will roll over for them as we have generally seen. If you go toe to toe with them they lack the punches but in this league they can beat teams before getting on the pitch

But will their good form last? Will they get injury stop key players? Will they get fatigue?

Could argue that Chelsea and Pool are benefitting form no europe - helped Liverpool under Brenton massively
I do think chelsea are quite one dimensional and if you stop Hazard they have no attacking plan B
Arsenal who knows... its November, their least favourite month and they have some hard games. They haven't beaten anyone of quality yet IMO and still look like flat track bullies but everyone see them as a team on the up. I think they have defensive issues still but it doesn't mean they won't be there or there about as usual
City we all know about. The only thing that will stop them IMO is themselves. Most teams will roll over for them as we have generally seen. If you go toe to toe with them they lack the punches but in this league they can beat teams before getting on the pitch

All possible - I only care where we are if I'm totally honest - uncaring about all other clubs except those managed by Mr Mourinho, which I hope fail spectacularly.

Chelsea are the most improved.

All possible - I only care where we are if I'm totally honest - uncaring about all other clubs except those managed by Mr Mourinho, which I hope fail spectacularly.

Thats fine but you did quote chelsea improvement above and also Pool and Arse

And I agree - I hope that Mourinhos teams fail miserably

Not early and we're 2 points off 4th and 3 points off 1st. Isn't that pretty much there or thereabouts where we want to be? And this despite our most recent somewhat disappointing run of results...

Not early and we're 2 points off 4th and 3 points off 1st. Isn't that pretty much there or thereabouts where we want to be? And this despite our most recent somewhat disappointing run of results...

I don't think Poch thinks we are there or there abouts.
It really down to our individual feelings as to what you truly want (Heart) and then expect (head) from our team.
Heart - challenging for top spot.
Head - 5th to 7th

I'm a pessimist, can't think why;)
But a romantic to boot :p

I don't think Poch thinks we are there or there abouts.
It really down to our individual feelings as to what you truly want (Heart) and then expect (head) from our team.
Heart - challenging for top spot.
Head - 5th to 7th

I'm a pessimist, can't think why;)
But a romantic to boot :p

When tryign to evaluate the team and their performances I think it's better to do so based primarily based on what the head expects. At least if one wants to be fair.

Back