• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs stoke

If nayenezgani was a Stoke player, who would he be?

• Total voters
Stuttering start to the game, but a very solid second half performance from our lads.

Been that way for the season, threatening to find our form, little glimpses ... today we just managed to turn it on for a little longer.

4-0 away win without Dembele and a few players still short of form, no complaints ...

One of the more amusing stats that I found floating around is that we've continued to *exactly* match our scorelines in the corresponding games from last season. :) We picked up well in the second half, and (somewhat inevitably) Stoke got massacred when they tried to attack and left themselves with no one ahead of the back four to pick up Eriksen, Son, Alli or Lamela on the counter. In that regard, taking off Wanyama and (nominally) playing Alli in his position was a good move from Poch - Stoke were being overloaded in that band between midfield and defense as it was, and with Alli continuing to play in an advanced position alongside three dedicated AMs, they simply couldn't cope.

8 points from 12 without Dembele - a good start, and a good way to get over that disadavantage.

Great performances -

Son - was more direct, and spent less time on the ball on the second half, which led to him becoming a finishing machine without needing to worry about conducting play from out wide. MotM.
Walker - handled Arnautovic very well for the most part, and was a constant threat on the wing. Deserved assist.
Eriksen - all the drive, skill and nerve that he's allegedly been missing were on display again today. This is why we cannot voluntarily let him go, ever. He's just too good, too talented and too perfect a fit for our side when in form.

Good performances -

Davies - handled his responsibilities well, after a shaky first fifteen.
Toby - Predictably solid, after the first fifteen.
Jan - see above.
Kane - laboured hard, and looked off the pace again, but got his crucial goal at the end (that he needed a second touch in that instance is indicative of his confidence levels when taking the shot, so I'm sure he's as relieved as anyone).
Alli - see above.
Dier - solid, unremarkable game, made no errors and distributed the ball well.
Wanyama - got caught on the ball a few times in the first half, and his distribution was a bit wayward, but otherwise solid.

Performances which cannot be assessed -

Hugo - did nothing save for claiming one cross with authority and stopping Adams' late, dribbling effort. Didn't need to, either. :)

We have beaten Stoke away in the Premier League more times than Arsenal, Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project put together.

Hughes has done his usual. Wouldn't it be funny if they went down?

It would be brilliant, i lived with stoke fan many years ago, it would make me so happy to think of that dingdong head crying over his beloved Stoke.

I will never tire of us going up there and rolling those mugs over. Excellent today -- the squad is looking pretty good now.

And still got Dembele to come back!

too direct first half, no patience and went from back to front far too quickly and directly. Second half we were much better; more short passes and a general cohesiveness. Stoke were brick but you can only play what is in front of you. I would have liked us to go into another gear at 4-0 to get a couple more. Very decent away performance with a second half to set the tone going forward.

Just got back, buzzin

"It's happened again, it's happened again. Stoke City. It's happened again"

Awesome second half display, almost turned it a turkey shoot, and on another day could have finished 7-0. Well done Son, constant threat all afternoon. If there was any disappointments today it was that Janssen didnt get the chance to open his account, and Charlie Adam get a second yellow to put the top hat on a great day.

too direct first half, no patience and went from back to front far too quickly and directly. Second half we were much better; more short passes and a general cohesiveness. Stoke were brick but you can only play what is in front of you. I would have liked us to go into another gear at 4-0 to get a couple more. Very decent away performance with a second half to set the tone going forward.

Same thing went through my mind at first, but can understand why they went into cruise-mood bearing in mind its 7 matches in 22 days.

OK, Guys.
A great result. Started slowly but improved as the game went on. Son the hero. Kane & Alli off the mark.

The game started at 5 pm my time. So a good time to cook and drink :)
I had an unexpected, last minute guest to join us.
A former colleague, from my time in Singapore called this morning to inform me that he was in Mombasa.
He and his wife had come from Singapore on a holiday. They had come specifically to watch the the famous animal
migration in Masai Mara - one of the wonders in this world - if you like wildlife.
They had also booked a 4 day holiday in Mombasa.
So they joined us this afternoon.
For one the first time I had nothing to do with cooking - just watching ;)
The girls did some Asian stir fry's. 3 kinds - chicken, fillet steak & prawns with egg noodles & fried vege rice.
My mate is not into football. He likes golf, tennis & F1 :(
Anyway, the girls cooked - and we drank, talking about old times in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand etc.
The funny part was that as we were eating our first plate Son scored. My wife insists it had something to do with the Asian stir fry.

Mods & other posters, please let me know if my drunken ramblings about food & drink in OMTs are out of order
and not appropriate. It is just the fact that for me Spurs games, good food and drinks go together. I don't post
these for games that are played starting after 8 pm my time. By then I have eaten and had my drinks

COYS

OK, Guys.
A great result. Started slowly but improved as the game went on. Son the hero. Kane & Alli off the mark.

The game started at 5 pm my time. So a good time to cook and drink :)
I had an unexpected, last minute guest to join us.
A former colleague, from my time in Singapore called this morning to inform me that he was in Mombasa.
He and his wife had come from Singapore on a holiday. They had come specifically to watch the the famous animal
migration in Masai Mara - one of the wonders in this world - if you like wildlife.
They had also booked a 4 day holiday in Mombasa.
So they joined us this afternoon.
For one the first time I had nothing to do with cooking - just watching ;)
The girls did some Asian stir fry's. 3 kinds - chicken, fillet steak & prawns with egg noodles & fried vege rice.
My mate is not into football. He likes golf, tennis & F1 :(
Anyway, the girls cooked - and we drank, talking about old times in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand etc.
The funny part was that as we were eating our first plate Son scored. My wife insists it had something to do with the Asian stir fry.

Mods & other posters, please let me know if my drunken ramblings about food & drink in OMTs are out of order
and not appropriate. It is just the fact that for me Spurs games, good food and drinks go together. I don't post
these for games that are played starting after 8 pm my time. By then I have eaten and had my drinks

COYS

I, for one, enjoy this sort of stuff. Have some delivered to me at Wembley for half time on Wednesday.

Oh yes, and one of the girls.

Back