• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Huddersfield Town FC ***

Great win, but a couple of worries. Harry Kane. i know he has been scoring like clockwork as usual, but he seems to have lost some sharpness. Poor today in terms of goal threat and even in recent games where he has scored, Kane has hit one when he should have had three. Lamela. Poor. poor, poor! Back to his worst. hanging on to the ball too long, taking too many touches and not playing the early ball. Son and Moura are much better options, as both are pacey and direct. Sissoko was better than Lamela.

Great win, but a couple of worries. Harry Kane. i know he has been scoring like clockwork as usual, but he seems to have lost some sharpness. Poor today in terms of goal threat and even in recent games where he has scored, Kane has hit one when he should have had three. Lamela. Poor. poor, poor! Back to his worst. hanging on to the ball too long, taking too many touches and not playing the early ball. Son and Moura are much better options, as both are pacey and direct. Sissoko was better than Lamela.

giphy.gif

Get a grip dude.

If you haven't noticed a recent lack of sharpness from Kane, than you haven't been paying much attention. Lamela was infuriating today.

I agree. It was a bit of a weird game. We played well as a team, but I think it was one where the system got us through, as individually there were a lot of below par performances, mainly to do with slackness on the ball. Son was great, Alli was good, and it was nice to see Aurier have a solid game.

Kane - it has to be said he played an absolutely world class pass which he has managed to normalise. But other than that, he did look less sharp. Overly keen to get shots off and not in the right areas. He’s allowed one of those games every now and then though of course.

Lamela - shame that it was the worst game I’ve seen from him since he’s been back. Shielding the ball but not doing it successfully. The wrong passing option almost every time. Hopefully that’s out of his system quickly, because he is much better than that.

Sissoko - I thought had a really good cameo. On the ball, fine. But there was a point that summed up his value to the squad. Last 5 mins, Eriksen has the ball, Davies bombs forward and Eriksen tries a silly back heel that was never going to work. Davies is way out of position and we lose the ball. But who is there in the left back position making sure no danger really develops? It’s Sissoko, and that’s exactly what Poch was talking about, the play in transition, in this case attack to defence. Those sorts of things look simple, but they aren’t easy, and not all players are able to fill that kind of role because they don’t have the concentration.

Otherwise, Moura with a nice cameo. Jan and Sanchez good. Davies was another I thought was just really poor with the ball today and I expect better from him. Dembele and Dier fine.

Didnt get out of second gear, easy win.

Only down side was not being clinical on the counter, had a couple of 3 on 3 - which depending on the situation on wed we may get a few and will need to do better/pick the better option.

Bit of a sleepy 2nd half from us, but job done. Felt like we had half an eye on Wednesday. Poch subbed Son early, he might decide to start him v Juventus.

Aurier is suspended v Juventus so Trippier will play. I wonder if Rose will get a start, Davies wasn't too sharp today, though he did make a great tackle in the box 2nd half.

I was an editor on a (great) TV show called Blunt Talk (starring Patrick Stewart) and met her at the premier party at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood (I did not overdose on cocaine, which is always a good thing) and got to talking with her (she’s lovely, by the way). Talk quickly got to football and I obviously told her of my deep love for Spurs and she quickly told me of hers and said she had the tattoo. And showed me too.

She's extremely nice. I've met her a few times at the Greyhound, where she stops in every now and then to watch the match. She'll sing, chant, celebrate and call the ref a clown shoe along with everyone else in the pub.

If you haven't noticed a recent lack of sharpness from Kane, than you haven't been paying much attention. Lamela was infuriating today.

Kane has always wasted a lot of chances. I agree though, he does lack a bit of sharpness. I'm sure he'll be properly fired up for juventus though, so wouldn't worry about that. :D

I don’t know, sure - he scuffed one late on but made great contact with the two first time efforts with the keeper making a good save whilst the other was blocked.

His movement deep was good, and a couple of wonderful long passes; one of which made Sonny’s second.

It can go like that for strikers.

Back