• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Huddersfield Town FC ***

Please talk me through that again, I don't follow.

If Poch didn't rate Aurier then he wouldn't play him ahead of KWP for this game (assuming Tripps is being kept for the Juve game).

Clearer now?

Btw, I felt Aurier had a much better game today. He made a number of important tackles. His distribution still needs working on though - but at least he seems to have remedied his throw-in flaws.

If Poch didn't rate Aurier then he wouldn't play him ahead of KWP for this game (assuming Tripps is being kept for the Juve game).

Clearer now?

Btw, I felt Aurier had a much better game today. He made a number of important tackles. His distribution still needs working on though - but at least he seems to have remedied his throw-in flaws.

When was the last time he dropped a senior player for a youth player? I can't think of an occasion since he binned off Adebayor and the other deadwood he inherited for Kane, Mason, Bentaleb etc.

Last edited:
I’m not worried about Kane’s form in front of goal. All strikers have off games. Kane still misses chances even when he’s really firing. His overall play has got much better this season. His passing is first class.

That second goal was a thing of beauty. Sitting in the upper tier behind the goal, looking down as the play unfolded was just brilliant. Kane with the ball down the right, Dele powering through the middle and then Son absolutely busting a gut down the left. Huddersfield defence didn’t stand a chance. And then that ball from Kane.... Sublime.

Poch should prioritise practicing taking throw ins in training.

For Aurier, yes. If Aurier can’t even get the basics right, what hope for the rest of his game. The rest of the players can train as usual. And once Aurier has demonstrated consecutive ability to perform a legal throw in, he’s back in training. Why let players off their mistakes? You work to improve on your weaknesses, that’s what training is about, right?

I’m not worried about Kane’s form in front of goal. All strikers have off games. Kane still misses chances even when he’s really firing. His overall play has got much better this season. His passing is first class.

The pass for Son's 2nd goal was fantastic. Good header too, made easy work of it.

When was the last time he dropped a senior player for a youth player? I can't think of an occasion since he binned off Adebayor and the other deadwood he inherited for Kane, Mason, Bentaleb etc.

Think you just answered your own question! Age and reputation doesn't matter to Poch. He has always said its all about the way players train. So he would quite easily drop a "senior player" . It's all about a meritocracy.

Back