• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur FC vs Huddersfield Town FC ***

That last sentence doesn't make sense.

In any event, where is this "hysterical criticism " you speak of?

You are right, I think I got caught between a couple of phrasings.

There are those who like to take a tiny facet of the game, decide it is an issue of epic proportions, and then proceed to try and turn it into a season long campaign. Using it as a measure of how Poch isnt that good, blaming Poch for not addressing this issue - and blaming loses on this issue just to add weight to their cause. They bleat about this small aspect of the game as if it is of the most vital importance and nothing else matters. It adds up to quite hysterical criticism, undeserved, unnecessary and really quite pointless.

Unless, of course, said type of poster is simply a bit of an attention fluffy bunnies cuddling, in which case I guess its serving its purpose.

Though, to relate back to harr1984's post, IMO it is THESE posters that get the sort of response he speaks of. Anyone with any reasonable critique, delivered without hysteria, doesnt get that sort of reply from what I have seen.

Poch has his faults. I tend to agree with Steff that Poch is also the sort to work on them, but none the less he isnt perfect.

There are legitimate things to pick him up on, some persistent, but there is no point where all the hyperbole, campaigning and general excitement is necessary.

You are right, I think I got caught between a couple of phrasings.

There are those who like to take a tiny facet of the game, decide it is an issue of epic proportions, and then proceed to try and turn it into a season long campaign. Using it as a measure of how Poch isnt that good, blaming Poch for not addressing this issue - and blaming loses on this issue just to add weight to their cause. They bleat about this small aspect of the game as if it is of the most vital importance and nothing else matters. It adds up to quite hysterical criticism, undeserved, unnecessary and really quite pointless.

Unless, of course, said type of poster is simply a bit of an attention fluffy bunnies cuddling, in which case I guess its serving its purpose.

Though, to relate back to harr1984's post, IMO it is THESE posters that get the sort of response he speaks of. Anyone with any reasonable critique, delivered without hysteria, doesnt get that sort of reply from what I have seen.

Poch has his faults. I tend to agree with Steff that Poch is also the sort to work on them, but none the less he isnt perfect.

There are legitimate things to pick him up on, some persistent, but there is no point where all the hyperbole, campaigning and general excitement is necessary.
I agree with much of what you say but I still take exception to part. I havent seen any posters go in hard and say something along the lines of 'Poch is useless, why is he doing this' etc All I personally have seen, and happy to say I have done this on a couple of occassions is question certain tactics, or lack of willingness to change something that clearly isnt working.

Why cant posters question these things without being portrayed to be not recognising what he has done for the club? He gets things wrong, if he didnt we would have swept the honours board by now, why cant we discuss the things he gets wrong without some getting so precious about Poch? I've been lectured on more than one occassion about what Poch has done for us, how he's the best thing since sliced bread etc And Im scratching my head as to why Im getting such a response because I never said he wasnt. Even this boards favourite players have been subject to some constructive criticism but for some odd reason anyone dare suggest Poch got it wrong, had a bad game and there's going to be a backlash. I havent seen anyone state Poch isnt that good or hasnt done great things for us, if they have I stand corrected and would oppose that. Steff is right, the guy has earnt our trust but Poch wants us to get better and there is no way he doesnt look back after a lot of games and think he's made mistakes so I dont see why we cant discuss potential mistakes that he's made....

I agree with much of what you say but I still take exception to part. I havent seen any posters go in hard and say something along the lines of 'Poch is useless, why is he doing this' etc All I personally have seen, and happy to say I have done this on a couple of occassions is question certain tactics, or lack of willingness to change something that clearly isnt working.

Why cant posters question these things without being portrayed to be not recognising what he has done for the club? He gets things wrong, if he didnt we would have swept the honours board by now, why cant we discuss the things he gets wrong without some getting so precious about Poch? I've been lectured on more than one occassion about what Poch has done for us, how he's the best thing since sliced bread etc And Im scratching my head as to why Im getting such a response because I never said he wasnt. Even this boards favourite players have been subject to some constructive criticism but for some odd reason anyone dare suggest Poch got it wrong, had a bad game and there's going to be a backlash. I havent seen anyone state Poch isnt that good or hasnt done great things for us, if they have I stand corrected and would oppose that. Steff is right, the guy has earnt our trust but Poch wants us to get better and there is no way he doesnt look back after a lot of games and think he's made mistakes so I dont see why we cant discuss potential mistakes that he's made....

Well put , sir. I agree wholeheartedly.

It comes from the way the poster presents their point, IMO.

Ive not taken any particular issue with you, for example, even in instances where I dont agree.

Other posters are less reasoned in their post. Some, frankly, are completely unreasonable. Hence the response.

It could be that if you followed that poster, youd get some backlashh by association? It happens. Ordinarily though, reasonable points reasonably made are given due respect, IMO.

It comes from the way the poster presents their point, IMO.

Ive not taken any particular issue with you, for example, even in instances where I dont agree.

Other posters are less reasoned in their post. Some, frankly, are completely unreasonable. Hence the response.

It could be that if you followed that poster, youd get some backlashh by association? It happens. Ordinarily though, reasonable points reasonably made are given due respect, IMO.
Fair enough Nayim, I admit sometimes I skimread pages if I dont have time so perhaps I have missed some more OTT things. But I have experienced this personally so dont think this is always the case,but not worth getting into really. Im sure we're all singing from the same sheet with him anyway, would just be nice if we could more freely discuss some of his errors without fear of being jumped on....

Back