• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Spurs vs Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

Spurs Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sissoko is precisely why the following should scare the hell out of us!

DQ8eRDcXcAAAxH5

Declan-Rice-Premier-League-2018_2019.png

DVhrTQmXkAAVA5m

Chilwell has potential but is currently less good than what we have and on a long contract at a rich club that inexplicably hates us.
From what I’ve seen of Chilwell, 6 months with Poch’s fullback whispering magic, and we’d have the best left back in the world.

Edit: but agreed, we’d never get him

Would love to sign Ndombele but i think that ship has sailed
A lot comes down to timing with this players
City are definitely keen
They love to sign players that have torn them up in the CL
We could do a buy now play later deal like pool did for Keita though

Rice at West Ham is a real prospect and would be available at a great price because of his contract

Was really impressed with Gibbs-White yesterday and he has had some great cameos for wolves

Really not understanding the Sissoko love, and am ever more convinced he is judged on his own scale. I think had Dier/Dembele put that performance in the best comments about it would have been of frustration.

Were there worse? Yes. But watching him, I just had to ask, what was he contributing? And genuinely, I couldnt see it.

Some good defensive work, undone by some terrible positioning otherwise.
Some good runs, undone by doing fudge all at the end of them.
Working really hard - but bringing what to the table? No real meaningful contributions at all. And an annoying habit, for someone so hard working and fit, of just slowly jogging back into position when Wolves were breaking against us (after running miles out of position and leaving Winks exposed).

And I think our complete lack of a midfield had a lot to do with him today. That and the front unit just not pressing cohesively at all, the other major issue IMO.

Really not understanding the Sissoko love, and am ever more convinced he is judged on his own scale. I think had Dier/Dembele put that performance in the best comments about it would have been of frustration.

Were there worse? Yes. But watching him, I just had to ask, what was he contributing? And genuinely, I couldnt see it.

Some good defensive work, undone by some terrible positioning otherwise.
Some good runs, undone by doing fudge all at the end of them.
Working really hard - but bringing what to the table? No real meaningful contributions at all. And an annoying habit, for someone so hard working and fit, of just slowly jogging back into position when Wolves were breaking against us (after running miles out of position and leaving Winks exposed).

And I think our complete lack of a midfield had a lot to do with him today. That and the front unit just not pressing cohesively at all, the other major issue IMO.

Im a big Dier fan and regularly defend him but I think your wrong IMO about the correlation

Sissoko has a decent game IMO, you have to look at the fact his role changed after 2 mins due to Dembeles injury too. We went from a 3 against a 5 to a 2 against a 5 (with their wing backs)

He drove forward with the ball really well which helped take pressure off

I saw him several times take up a defensive position which halted a counter down our right after Trippier had gone forward. He didn’t make a tackle he did what eriksen excels at, he made them go backwards by taking out the option in the press

He has played a lot on the bounce in a shirt period and he looked tired to me and possibly injured twisted the end

He is a limited player technically but he did the basics well and that’s the starting point for real judging him

He doesn’t get near our first 11, or even the match day squad when their all fit but we won’t have a fit squad IMO until next summer

Im a big Dier fan and regularly defend him but I think your wrong IMO about the correlation

Sissoko has a decent game IMO, you have to look at the fact his role changed after 2 mins due to Dembeles injury too. We went from a 3 against a 5 to a 2 against a 5 (with their wing backs)

He drove forward with the ball really well which helped take pressure off

I saw him several times take up a defensive position which halted a counter down our right after Trippier had gone forward. He didn’t make a tackle he did what eriksen excels at, he made them go backwards by taking out the option in the press

He has played a lot on the bounce in a shirt period and he looked tired to me and possibly injured twisted the end

He is a limited player technically but he did the basics well and that’s the starting point for real judging him

He doesn’t get near our first 11, or even the match day squad when their all fit but we won’t have a fit squad IMO until next summer

I dont know if you noticed or not, but I was saying before the game - Sissoko plays box to box and it frustrates me, because its no good. Id much rather he sat and defended and shielded the defence, something I think he can do competently.

It is of great frustration to me that we have the like of Dembele and Winks on the field, and yet its Sissoko charging up field to provide nothing (9/10) while they sit in and cover the gaps. It should be the other way around.

With Dembele going off so early, and with a pretty lightweight front 4 on the field (Lamela excepted!) in regards to pressing etc - Sissoko needed to slip into that role I wished him to play. Sit. Cover. Win it and play it simple. With Foyth, Alderweireld and Winks around him there is litterally no reason for him to be on the ball. Just win it and play it off, and make sure our lack of a front press doesnt hurt us. Provide a foundation to play from.

Judge him by the basics? He didnt do that basic job he was so suited to. As I said above, for any good thing he did it either amounted to nothing or there was a corresponding negative.

He left Winks exposed time and again, even if he did cover Trippier on occasions. There was a bloody great gap in our midfield which Wolves could have driven a bus through again and again - the common theme? Sissoko jogging (not running) back into position having charged off (and achieved nothing).

Im not even talking missed passes, balls out of play etc - of which there were a few. Simply looking at the job he did - IMHO he didnt bring more to the team than he took out of it.

I know we would not be playing him unless we had to, its an argument Ive been slaughtered for before but its true - he is an emergency service, not a "trusted" player.

And even then, Im still disappointed. he had the opportunity to play that classic Palacios/Parker type role - had he done so (and I believe he can) I would have lauded a massive contribution to a win in a tricky game/circumstance

Rice at West Ham is a real prospect and would be available at a great price because of his contract

Was really impressed with Gibbs-White yesterday and he has had some great cameos for wolves

I know he is highly rated, but honestly I didnt even notice Rice was playing the other day. Im not sure if thats a criticism or not, either he didnt do much or he just did good, understated work (though thats usually something I really appreciate)

However - the young player - Dianaga? He looked really bright and positive to me, I liked him.

Gibbs-White looked very good, certainly one to watch.

It’s more he wares the shirt and gives his best, also has improved a little recently. So it’s tiring to continually bust his balls! He’s no De Bruyne but he’s our non De Bruyne.

Wasnt intending on picking him out, was posting thoughts on things in the game but dinner was ready and Id only got that far so posted it and figured Id revisit later.

On Sissoko - its nothing personal. He has improved, by his standards, its just that whenever I watch him he is a weak link not nearly at the level of his peers - and it shows. Thats not his fault, thats the clubs - he should never have been bought, or kept, or not sufficiently replaced. Thats all on them.

Further thoughts: Trippier is not a full back.

A good wing back, absolutely. And should we pursue a 3-5-2 type formation as we have in the past, he certainly has a big part to play.

BUT - in a flat back 4 - Trippier doesnt belong.

Id even play him as a Beckham like RM before putting him in defence.

I think his quality on the ball is without question at this point. But defensively he is simply a liability.

Foyth - genuinely hope he gets games over the next week to put this behind him. Honestly, Id play him against PSV. I would absolutely hate if he got dropped and had to stew on this before playing again, by which time it will be a real "thing" for him to over come.

I thought, two penalties aside, he was very good. Some great tackles and interceptions, as with West Ham so really good movement and anticipation, and again he showed genuine quality on the ball. I honestly think he could be a top top level player for us, and at this time needs to be able to play more to settle into the team and stage.

1st pen - I dont blame him at all. Trippier was embarrasingly bad. Second one - he shouldnt have been left 2 v 1, but maybe could have done better. It was soft, but not one to argue against.

If either had happened in isolation we would all say "He will learn from it". As both happened, in relatively quick succession, its really compounded the whole thing. He looked to have lost it for a while, desperate and panicked, and I just hope and prey he has been given the support since to be able to deal with it and move forward positively.

He is a genuine prospect, and needs to be built up - this sort of thing could possibly set him back a long way if not managed correctly.

Thankfully the noise coming out of the players etc is all positive, I hope Poch follows it up by keeping faith with him.

Son - try as I might, Im just not a fan. Likely an unpopular comment, but Ive just never been able to warm to him. Such a frustrating player for me.

I know he isnt fully fit, but if he isnt up front I just dont like how he plays. He really is one of those for me, if he hasnt scored - what has he done for us?

Lamela - Holy fudge has he found new levels or what?

Ive always enjoyed his performances, as much for his attitude as anything - but have always felt it was fair to question whether or not he was going to deliver on his obvious (untapped) potential.

To me he was becoming a bit of a Lennon. Not a bad player by any stretch, but also frustratingly a player you know could be/have been so much more.

This season we are seeing Lamela 2.0 and I absolutely love it.

Back