• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs SomeDodgy Mancs

Get in
40dc3e7e06e4f38c03039246af712b67.jpg

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

A brilliant result and a very good performance indeed.

It all seemed quite comfortable from my sofa.
They hit the very underside of the bar, right at the end of the first half, which MASSIVELY changes the course of the game and thus the narrative.

Very nice to see it bounce out, of course.
Other than that I don't remember Lloris making good saves.
We wasted a few 3 on 3 breakaways.

Would we be tinkled not getting the penalty at the end? I think some would have given it… but all in the Norwegian studio said, no penalty

Penalty for what?

im still raving at the rico Lewis one where he pushed the ball out for a corner with his hand
He was tripped on that one to be fair.

the ref was terrible in the first half, borderline bought by City, but think he might have had a word in his ear at half time, became a bit more neutral in the 2nd half.

Not that i saw, though going by the video of the 'protest' outside the ground that i saw I'm not sure anyone would have noticed if they did

Maybe they'll get the message and concentrate on supporting spurs. Yes i'm an optimist.

So my perspective

- Entire team gave it their all for 90+ minutes, a few moments we were chasing shadows early on, but it's City, you expect that. Even the subs filled in without any notice
- Interesting perspective might be this is the first time in a very long time we have had the entire squad available and fit.

notable mentions

- Emerson, the character on that guy to keep playing his ass off when our fans are so brick to him is amazing, best game he's put in, a few on the trot now
- PEH, answered the what does he do, played total box to box today, was constantly pushing the team to move up.
- Kane, I hope we all appreciate what we are watching in the now.
- Son, put in a shift, really helped out Perisic defensively as well

I'm even ok with Romero's red, Haaland knew he was going to bully anyone tonight, made the error late enough it didn't cost us.

Great we didn't have to ask the new boy to help us chase a game in his first match.

Professional performance, we need to build on it

Who were City playing? I read Guardiola said "they were well organised and physical" couldnt be us. Him and Klopp are poor losers, nobody ever plays well against them according to them and both feel they played well what ever the score, not seen any interview yet but I bet Pep doesnt get asked why he leaves out his best players.

Good on you for coming on here.

really feels from afar like Pep is committing Harry Kari to your season. What’s the general feeling on that?

The writing has been on the wall for a while this season. Our squad has fell into a poor state. We have four wingers in the squad who all do the same thing - ask for it to the feet, face the defender up, then turn round and pass it back up the line (Grealish, Mahrez, Foden and Palmer - Bernardo Silva, too I suppose). There's no dynamism, pace or directness.

We sold our only left-back, 80% of our midfield is either much past their prime or wants to leave, strange team selections/tactics, and - worst of all - we're so damn boring.

Its remarkable that Pep seems to be screwing up City's chances of winning the league. Dias, KdB, Gundogan, Laporte etc on the bench, Cancelo sold, weird formation...

Perhaps its only an outsiders' view, and its all clear to someone who watches City week in, week out, but feels like City are punching well below their weight this season

That's a really good point. Pep doesn't feel like he can rely on those guys anymore. Be it age/ability/consistency/whatever. Is it any surprise though, when at left-back he's playing an 18-year-old right-back over FWA and PFA POTY winner Ruben Dias? Ake has legitimately been brilliant there this season, so why the massive change-up?

We're 100% underperforming. As much as I want to, I can't pin it all on Guardiola and an unbalanced squad. All 3 of the goals that have hit our net against you this season have come from fatal individual errors, for example. Every match is full of them, and no amount of coaching or money spent can cure severe cases of brick-for-brains.

Back