• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs SomeDodgy Mancs

What id love to know is what system you were playing?

Same as all season. Play a team that keeps the ball to protect our weak defence, until we fudge up and concede anyway. The formation doesn't matter as long as we stick to the gameplan.

Oh, and hope Grealish gets somebody sent off. At least that worked, can we get a goal for that, pretty please?

Same as all season. Play a team that keeps the ball to protect our weak defence, until we fudge up and concede anyway. The formation doesn't matter as long as we stick to the gameplan.

Oh, and hope Grealish gets somebody sent off. At least that worked, can we get a goal for that, pretty please?
Good on you for coming on here.

really feels from afar like Pep is committing Harry Kari to your season. What’s the general feeling on that?

Its remarkable that Pep seems to be screwing up City's chances of winning the league. Dias, KdB, Gundogan, Laporte etc on the bench, Cancelo sold, weird formation...

Perhaps its only an outsiders' view, and its all clear to someone who watches City week in, week out, but feels like City are punching well below their weight this season

I think he's saving them for the CL, probably been told he's getting sacked if they don't win it this year.

The unfortunate truth is the arse have a much better defensive setup than both city and us. But they are not as strong up front. I think we might be competing with city for defenders in the summer.

Would love us to pull out all the stops to sign Gvardiol, which would get Kane to sign-on, but I can see city or Madrid letting us do the ground work and snapping him up.

All credit to Davies however. He is a better player than he was. I don't think he's robust enough to play at the top level for a whole season. We have a few defenders like that. They can play above their ability for long stretches but lack a little bit of quality to be totally in control all the way through a season. But we are getting better. A clean sheet is massive. Keep Romero, Dier, Davies fit and in form and there is hope.

Last edited:
Well that was unexpected. Unbelievable performance. Not a bad one amongst the team. Thought the back 5 were outstanding. They marshalled Haaland incredibly well. He's a master of finding space but we gave him none. Emerson was MOTM. Absolutely brilliant. Bentancur and Hojbjerg worked so so hard. Pressed at the right times, stood off at the right times. Really impressive discipline. The front 3 all looked sharp and Harry...well what is there to say. I had a tear in my eye when he spoke at the end.

Only downside was the Romero red which was partly his own fault for a brainless tackle in the first half. That said, a hospital ball by Davies and Jordan Henderson level control from PEH cost him the second card.

We manged that game really well. Looked like a proper team. Really proud of them. 3 clean sheets on the bounce too.

Let's kick on from here.

Its remarkable that Pep seems to be screwing up City's chances of winning the league. Dias, KdB, Gundogan, Laporte etc on the bench, Cancelo sold, weird formation...

Perhaps its only an outsiders' view, and its all clear to someone who watches City week in, week out, but feels like City are punching well below their weight this season

KDB on the bench is head-scratching stuff.

On the train coming back from the game, seemed like a very comfortable game for us, Lloris had very little to do and we actually looked good going forward.

I think Royale was a stand out, Dier done well, Son looked threatening and also Bentancur was solid. I think it was a solid 8/10 for everyone today.

Oh and congratulations to Mr Kane for breaking the record, i was glad my lad was there to witness it.

Red ash pitches and metal studs, sorted the men from the boys.

I once slid in on the far post and beat a sliding defender to the ball to knock in a deep cross on wet muddy grass. His metal studs went into my inside right thigh and left two long cuts, with smidges of dog brick in them. The scars remain. I quickly cleaned them up at the time and finished the game. I was 14.

Well that was unexpected. Unbelievable performance. Not a bad one amongst the team. Thought the back 5 were outstanding. They marshalled Haaland incredibly well. He's a master of finding space but we gave him none. Emerson was MOTM. Absolutely brilliant. Bentancur and Hojbjerg worked so so hard. Pressed at the right times, stood off at the right times. Really impressive discipline. The front 3 all looked sharp and Harry...well what is there to say. I had a tear in my eye when he spoke at the end.

Only downside was the Romero red which was partly his own fault for a brainless tackle in the first half. That said, a hospital ball by Davies and Jordan Henderson level control from PEH cost him the second card.

We manged that game really well. Looked like a proper team. Really proud of them. 3 clean sheets on the bounce too.

Let's kick on from here.

All this for me is spot on how I saw it. I could have written the same, apart from me not hearing Kane speaking at the end, but I did have a tear in my eye sat at home when he scored the goal that broke the record.
If anyone has followed the Harry Kane thread, I have been quoting his stats for years now, waiting for this day when he became the All-Time Goalscorer. One record down, one equalled and almost in the same street as Shearer's haul

Back