• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

// OMT - Spurs vs Everton \\

Defoe is absolutely useless as far as the team is concerned, only thing he is good for is taking shots outside the box. Dont understand why people are having such a go at Ade, the teams top scorer and leading assist at the moment. He looks so much better when he has someone with a footballing brain around him.

I just cant believe some want him on a permanent contract

I remember all those people falling over themseleves on a thread in which it was discussed that we should sign him and everyone tried to discuss how it could be financed. I said that he wasn't that good, his finishing is poor, his first touch is not great and he is so badly inconsistent. I had great hopes when we signed him at the start of the season but they have faded now and I would almost prefer to have Pav as at least he scored occasionally.

You can't play 6 in the middle if there's a wide threat. Everton are only able to pack the centre with defenders because we're playing everyone in the wrong position.

But Modric and Bale both drift inside, don't they? Theoretically, that is supposed to help stop the gap. But I do agree, Harry's mojo has gone to brick these last few games.

Right wing isn't VDV's best position but with him tucking in and Walker overlapping we can stretch them. Especially as that means Bale can play on the left and Modric in the middle.

VDV at his best dictates the tempo of our overall play. He may pick up injuries, but when fit is crucial imo.

Please take Ade off, he hasn't had his best day at work to say the least. VdV to cover as extra midfielder, and take Sandro off and put Kranky on the right. That's my uneducated opinion at least.

Im trying to figure out whos touch has been worse so far between Adebayor, Modric and Sandro

All as bad as each other. We need to change things. I would take off Ade he has been absolutely useless. On the basis players normally score against their old club I would bring on Saha

Sandro off, VDV on please.

4-4-2 not 4-2-1-1-2 as we've seen so far

No it's been 4-4-2 and it's been Donkey brick. 3 games of donkey brick and people still try and find another reason why we're being overrun in the middle. At Arsenal it was because Saha was playing and not Defoe, vs Man United it was because Saha was playing and not Defoe, today it's because Bale isn't playing in his 'normal' position.

Away from home against people that pack the middle you don't fudging play 4-4-2. We take VDV off for Sandro wich will probably be the substitution and we're 9 times out of 10 gonna lose by more goals. Arry is getting it wrong.

Confirming a few things we knew already

1. Everton tough to beat at home
2. 442 leaves us struggling in midfield.
3. Getting rid of that many players in Jan means we are short. Pinear would have been made for this game and the players look tired.
4. We seem to lack organisation in attack eg not doubling up when getting the ball out wide.

Kaboul's the most overrated player on this board. Parker's having a good game but of course without Modric in the middle we're fudged. I'd rather have Jenas on right wing and Modric and Bale in their proper positions.

jesus. turgid stuff.

Arrrgggghhhhh!

Sorry to be the pedant, fella, but I hate the common misuse of "turgid" in this context.

"Turgid" does not, as so many think, mean "boring" or some such synonym. It means "bloated" or "pompous"!

To be fair to you, TV and radio commentators and pundits get it wrong all the time too!

Confirming a few things we knew already

1. Everton tough to beat at home
2. 442 leaves us struggling in midfield.
3. Getting rid of that many players in Jan means we are short. Pinear would have been made for this game and the players look tired.
4. We seem to lack organisation in attack eg not doubling up when getting the ball out wide.

Ade off for me, hasn't shown the touch or desire we've come to expect from him. We aren't holding the ball at all when in their final third. Goal IMO down to Kaboul coing out of postion, amateurishly over committing on a challenge in the box, King and Ekotto completely caught out.

Back