• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT SPURS vs ANZHI ***

Walker, Eriksen, Siggy .... why?

Because it's important to win these matches. Just ask Emirates Marketing Project! If we don't do well in Europe this season then our co-efficient will be poor next season if we make the Champion's League. If I remember rightly the year we made it we were 3rd seeds, but SO close to being the bottom second seed team. So it really matters to be winning in Europe.

Secondly, the best teams don't lose. AVB wants us to be able to fight on 2 or 3 or even 4 fronts this year. We have to stop thinking we're only able to concentrate on one tournament. Our squad is so deep with quality that we can look to win this competition and finish in the top 4.

Verts and Paulinho did not travel to Moscow. Rose may be back at the weekend, Lennon and Capoue are still out.

I am 53 and played 90 minutes on sunday against people 25-30 years younger than me as my mates team were short - I normally play vets football where usually they are only 10 -15 years younger. Sunday afternoon I was so tired I thought I was having a heart attack....

Last night I played an hour of 5-a-side(badly - missed so many blood chances.....) and tomorrow I could play again..

We are talking about fit young athletes who can recover physically far more quickly than I can.

The real issue is whether after several games in quick succession they are up for it mentally. For me, that is where the skill of 'man management' comes in where you look for the signs that a player is not as excited for a game as they normally are or should be.

We have a strong enough squad to compete on several squads and recognising players as individuals and with human weaknesses is, I believe, the key to consistent performances.

From what I've read, think of Di Canio style as the alternative...

COYS.

Because it's important to win these matches. Just ask Emirates Marketing Project! If we don't do well in Europe this season then our co-efficient will be poor next season if we make the Champion's League. If I remember rightly the year we made it we were 3rd seeds, but SO close to being the bottom second seed team. So it really matters to be winning in Europe.

Secondly, the best teams don't lose. AVB wants us to be able to fight on 2 or 3 or even 4 fronts this year. We have to stop thinking we're only able to concentrate on one tournament. Our squad is so deep with quality that we can look to win this competition and finish in the top 4.

All valid points.

You have to admit these games are so uninspiring. Sheriff? Tromso? Jesus wept.

All valid points.

You have to admit these games are so uninspiring. Sheriff? Tromso? Jesus wept.

If find it interesting. I like seeing these sort of clubs. Being involved in Austrian football I've seen these sides from a different perspective; game like Rapid Vienna vs Novi Sad with both teams desperate to get through to the group stages. Its proper quality grass roots stuff with some amazing little clubs tucked away in it.

I am 53 and played 90 minutes on sunday against people 25-30 years younger than me as my mates team were short - I normally play vets football where usually they are only 10 -15 years younger. Sunday afternoon I was so tired I thought I was having a heart attack....

Last night I played an hour of 5-a-side(badly - missed so many blood chances.....) and tomorrow I could play again..

We are talking about fit young athletes who can recover physically far more quickly than I can.

The real issue is whether after several games in quick succession they are up for it mentally. For me, that is where the skill of 'man management' comes in where you look for the signs that a player is not as excited for a game as they normally are or should be.

We have a strong enough squad to compete on several squads and recognising players as individuals and with human weaknesses is, I believe, the key to consistent performances.

COYS.

Whilst that is true, we are talking about the very highest level of competition. And the extra recovery time that rival players have could make a difference, which is why rotating the squad can be very important. All things being equal, we're a better side than West Ham and should win the game. But if our players aren't at the same level of fitness as them, due to the extra workload, then all things are not equal...

Verts and Paulinho did not travel to Moscow. Rose may be back at the weekend, Lennon and Capoue are still out.

Glad to hear that Vertonghen is getting a well deserved rest although Paulinho appears to still think he will be playing...

Twitter / paulinhop8: Vamos atrás de mais uma vitória amanhã! Let's go for another victory tomorrow! #Spurs #THFC #COYS pic.twitter.com/5KwYpYV5Y5
BVmRADoCEAEpM7l.jpg:large

COYS.

Great post!!
AVB must manage the fitness of star players properly but it is bollox to suggest players can't play 2 games in quick succession

They obviously can play two games in quick succession.
But in second game they'll perform to a lesser percentage of their top level than what the rested opponent will deliver,
which could lead to dropped points against inferior opponents.
There'll also be a bigger chance of picking up an injury.

They won't die from playing another game, I'm sure they could play football 8 hours a day every day. But they wouldn't perform at their best.

But in second game they'll perform to a lesser percentage of their top level than what the rested opponent will deliver,

They won't die from playing another game, I'm sure they could play football 8 hours a day every day. But they wouldn't perform at their best.

I am sure they couldn't.

We beat Chelsea in the LC Final on a Sunday after playing a EL game on the Thursday. I can't remember if we collected an injury.

Read NLS' post.

COYS.

Not entirely rational. One of the reasons you probably played badly in the five aside was that your reaction time was diminished because you were tired physically and mentally.

Which is more proving the point that although premier league players can play two or three times a week, they will not perform at a consistent level when the games start coming thick and fast.

+1

See diminishing returns.

Back