• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT SPURS vs ANZHI ***

[h=3]Russian Football Premier League [/h]
rus.png

Rnk
TeamMPWDLGFGA+/-Pts
1​
move_same.gif
Zenit St. Petersburg1182127101726
2​
move_up.gif
Lokomotiv Moskva117222291323
3​
move_same.gif
Spartak Moskva117222213923
4​
move_same.gif
CSKA Moskva116321211121
5​
move_up.gif
FK Krasnodar115331714318
6​
move_up.gif
Amkar Perm11452138517
7​
move_up.gif
Dinamo Moskva114521816217
8​
move_same.gif
FK Rostov114341416-215
9​
move_up.gif
FC Volga Nizhny Novgorod114161018-813
10​
move_down.gif
Kuban Krasnodar113441214-213
11​
move_same.gif
Rubin Kazan11272108213
12​
move_same.gif
Krylya Sovetov Samara11164814-69
13​
move_same.gif
Tom Tomsk11227917-88
14​
move_up.gif
Ural Yekaterinenburg111461022-127
15​
move_up.gif
Terek Groznyi11137613-76
move_same.gif
Anzhi Makhachkala110651118-76

Given their current form this should be straightforward - but how often does it actually work out like that?

The Europa League may be a competition that some clubs shun but, like his manager Andre Villas-Boas, Lamela is desperate to win it.

He added: “Tottenham are a big *European club so it is normal that we are one of the main candidates for the Europa League *title.

“The trips to Russia can be complicated but we are professional players and the minimum requirement is to give your best performance in any game.

“The squad is big and we are able to fight in both the Europa League and Premier League.

“The Europa League is the second-most important trophy for clubs in Europe and many players want to win it in their careers.

“Nobody in Spurs would snub this trophy and our minimum challenge is to reach the final.”

-----------------------------------------------

Forget about PL, Lamela is targeting to win the EL. AVB better not drop Lamela from any EL matches.:lol:

Lloris
Naughton Chiriches Kaboul Frysers
Sandro Paulinho
Lamela Holtby Kane
Defoe

Bench:
Friedel, Dawson, Walker, Dembele, Lennon, Chadli, Soldado

0-3. Lamela x 2, Defoe

Lloris
Naughton Chiriches Kaboul Frysers
Sandro Paulinho
Lamela Holtby Kane
Defoe

Bench:
Friedel, Dawson, Walker, Dembele, Lennon, Chadli, Soldado

0-3. Lamela x 2, Defoe

Bit worried about burning paulinho out, so I'd put holtby next to sandro, move Kane more central behind Defoe and chadli out wide. It may look more like a 4-4-2 but I honestly think that's still good enough.

Paulinho shouldn't travel, neither should the likes of Walker and Vertonghen who seem to have played virtually every game for over a year now.

Just send kids and people that need a game, not the guys that have played 80% of games so far. Simple. Aim to not get beat. They sound beatable at home.

Bit worried about burning paulinho out, so I'd put holtby next to sandro, move Kane more central behind Defoe and chadli out wide. It may look more like a 4-4-2 but I honestly think that's still good enough.

Agree with you on that. Also dont see the need to play Lloris - would play Brad mainly so that he keeps his eye in.

My preferred line-up would be:

Friedel

Naughton - Kaboul - Chiriches - Fryers

Lamela - Holtby - Sandro - Chadli

Soldado - Kane​

I'd go back to 4-4-2 for this one. I've gone with Soldado up front with Kane because personally I think Defoe should start on Sunday. He is on good form and is always up for it against West Ham. Also, Soldado needs to get back among the goals so this give him the opportunity to do so.

Anzhi are having a shocking league season so may rest players for this one. Alternatively, they could use it as an opportunity to play a strong team and cause an erection inducing upset. Either way, all the old clichés about it being 'a hard place to go' come in to play here. I'm expecting a 'foot off the gas' performance from Spurs, not dissimilar to the way we played in the UEL group stage last season and I'm going to go with a prediction of Anzhi 1-1 Tottenham with Soldado scoring for us.

Just send kids and people that need a game, not the guys that have played 80% of games so far. Simple. Aim to not get beat. They sound beatable at home.

I would expect there to be a lot more players from the latter of those categories. Most of our kids that are closest to breaking into the first team squad are out on loan.

Unless you count Townsend as a kid the only one's that have been involved so far are Kane and Fryers, no? Wouldn't expect anyone other than them to be involved in this either.

Not exactly a picnic for either side. Anzhi have to travel about 1,600km north to play this match. They're playing in some 16k capacity barn called Stadium Saturn in Moscow's south suburb of Ramenskoye, so it's not likely there'll be much of a crowd. If Anzhi's owner is strapped for money, this tourney is hardly a money spinner playing home games so far from home.

Given Anzhi's lowly league status, it's hard to believe they'll field their best 11. They aren't doomed to relegation by any means, but this competition is not what they need right now.

Name of the game for us is win and come home with all hands healthy.

------------friedel
naughton--kaboul--chiriches--fryers
---------sandro---holtby
--lamela-----chadli-----kane
------------defoe

subs: gomes, youth players. Leave everyone else at home with feet up.

I was thinking that we could perhaps start Defoe v West Ham -- but overall, I'd give Soldado another chance to get his scoring boots on before the break for Internationals. I don't think Defoe being on the bench v West Ham will adversely affect him or the result, but it may do more harm than good for Soldado is he was benched for that game. Therefore, Defoe to start in Russia.

Back