• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

I left my TV at HT because I was tired. But I dreamed about a Poch post-match interview where he explained why we list.o_O
Mainly because our brains have evolved to be really good a pattern matching but not so good at organising and arranging.

Making a list allows us a visual representation of a number of items that we can then reorder and prioritise as required. They also serve as a handy method of recording the status of said group of tasks.

Agreed. People should be allowed to vent in the match thread and not throw their toys out of the pram because some posters don't take losing/playing badly as well as others do. If posters are continually negative in other threads such as the Poch thread or whilst discussing a specific player then that is a different matter entirely.

I have no problem with posters always remaining positive or even occasionally calling people out for being "negative", I just take issue with the manner in which they do it sometimes as you stated. It sometimes comes across as pig headed obstinacy and I'm a better fan than you because I always believe we're going to win every game.

I try to avoid match threads because I find them too negative - it's hard working reading them and generally hampers my enjoyment of the game, much the same way as if I was in the pub or at the match surrounded by people moaning non stop for 90 minutes

But mostly it was i find it hard to reconcile why some supporters haven't gained a little more faith, belief and calmness in this team as that is what they are showing us week in week out.[/QUOTE]

I don't panic when I go to WHL even if we go a goal behind as I'm confident we will score more often than not and I trust our defence. I think people just get frustrated because we were reasonably close to the title and challenged for 2-3 months and we are in an even better position this season. It's great that we're much better than we were 15 years ago, but for me personally, getting so close and narrowly missing out is hard to take sometimes.

Its actually easier being a mid table club. No stress! you know you're too good to go down and not good enough to compete so you accept it.

Saying all that id soon rather have the stress of what is happening now! its good having hope but spurs have a habit of messing up. Hopefully we are slowing starting to banish that mentality as fans and players

That was such a great end to game we deserved to win from the start. I bet we have a crap end to the season though

v0065_s-200x150.gif

That was such a great end to game we deserved to win from the start. I bet we have a crap end to the season though
Hey siMon! Hope yOu'Re wELl buddy!
What are your thoughts on the Arsenal sitUaTIon and THeir cuRrEnt demise? Do you ThINk you're faVOuRite side are bAck on track now afTeR a comfortABlE 3-0 win against your second favourite side, and will they catch up with YouR third FaVourIte siDe by the end of the sEaSon? Do yOu also wAnt to swap Pokemon stickERs with mE via snapchat?

Last edited:
One thing about tonight (and Burnley in it's own way)...reminds me of that vintage era of Man U under Ferguson, right down to the young nucleus

Yeah, you're right, Ozil only shows up for small games like the one against Spammers and you'll soon regress to your season mean of 5th...I feel for ya fam blud! Join us if you wish - never too late to have some fun ;-)

One more observation from last night, which I was very pleased about.

Dele Alli gets the eqauliser...no running to the corner flags, sliding on his knees doing the Usain Bolt, no Pogba dabbing, no OTT Arsenal-style celebration because we snatched a late draw.

No, just a quick glance across to the linesman, and right back to the half-way line, fully-focused, because they sniffed a winner

I try to avoid match threads because I find them too negative - it's hard working reading them and generally hampers my enjoyment of the game, much the same way as if I was in the pub or at the match surrounded by people moaning non stop for 90 minutes

I agree. If the OMT was a pub, i would never go back to watch another game.

The 56 points against 66 against bottom teams is remarkable. IIRC, that is how the Scum have spent so many years in top 4, their strength has typically been spanking brick teams.

The amazing part is being able to do that where you have only had complete first choice 11 something like 5 times for season.

The 56 points against 66 against bottom teams is remarkable. IIRC, that is how the Scum have spent so many years in top 4, their strength has typically been spanking brick teams.

The amazing part is being able to do that where you have only had complete first choice 11 something like 5 times for season.

Considering we were missing almost the entire spine of the team, it was a great result.

Our injury list last night would be like Chelsea missing Costa,Kante,Moses(+Lamela?),Alonso and Courtios. Can you imagine how they would cope, they lost to Palace having to make just the odd change

Considering we were missing almost the entire spine of the team, it was a great result.

Our injury list last night would be like Chelsea missing Costa,Kante,Moses(+Lamela?),Alonso and Courtios. Can you imagine how they would cope, they lost to Palace having to make just the odd change

Thing is, we are a system team now, yes we do have better players, but largely the system stays the same and incoming players know their role.

You do have to wonder, a fully fit first 11 for most of this season, would we not be +7 points? ...

Anyone at the game prepared to own up about leaving in the 85th minute?

Nope i have only ever done that once and i learnt my lesson. It was the season after we were relegated to what was then called Div 2, we had walked the season with wins everywhere but as the season came to a end we started to drop points. We were away at Mansfield and we had dropped to third in the table, it was tinkling down with rain, the pitch was a mud heap and it was a open end so we were drenched. We were struggling and Daines ( keeper) had made two really bad mistakes and we were 3-2 down with only a couple of minutes to go.

I was with my Old lady and said i have had enough and we left the ground, just has we left i heard the Spurs scream in delight ( it turned out that we had equalised ), the pigs would not let me back in the ground so i climbed a lamp post to see what was going on, i just about reached the top and could see our fans going mad i punched the air and as i did i fell off the lamp post and ended up having to drive home with a busted hand.

That was the first and last time i have ever left a ground early.

Hahaha. Thanks for that Si. You're posts are deliciously transparent. Keep it going!

Was the Hammers result turning the corner or a dead cat bounce?

As for last night game i have only on thing to say " IT WAS fudging BRILLIANT" the last couple of minutes is what makes all the traveling up and down the country worthwhile, they say there are many things in life that get you jumping about with glee but nothing beats the feeling you get when you turn a game around like we did.

It was not one of our best performances of the season but we were the better team ( 18 shots to there 5 i think and their goal was the only one they had on target). Eriksen was magic once again and in Janssen we saw the start of what i do believe is going to be a good time for us and him. Poch has really got this team believing it themselves and the number of late goals is proof of that, those old enough will remember the Utd and Liverpool teams of the past who were always getting last minute winners and that is a sign of really good teams. The future is really looking good for us ( imo).

Back