• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

I left about 5 minutes early at our game against Ipswich on Boxing Day 1962, I decided to leave early as it took me over 3 hours to get to the game instead of the normal hour and I missed the first 5 minutes because we arrived late, we were 1-0 up. Not wanting to be caught out late going home I left and jumped on a bus outside the ground, was pleased as we thought we had won 2-0 and amazed when I got home and found out we won 5-0. Not bad missing 4 goals and freezing my nuts off.

I was trying to work out our system during the second half, because it changed so many times. At first I thought we'd gone back to a back 3 with Eriksen dropping in to the deeper position's with Dembele. Then when N'Koudou came on we shifted again to something like a 334, we were just so fluid. Dembele and Eriksen were so pivotal to what we did though, they complimented eachother with Dembele drawing men to him giving Eriksen more time and space.

Was listening on the radio with my son; what an unfukkingbelievable ending to a match; me and my son were jumping, dancing and hugging each other like asylum prisoners lol:D

Never in doubt.....

.....yeah right:eek:

Great in-game management again by Poch!

COYS

Thing is, we are a system team now, yes we do have better players, but largely the system stays the same and incoming players know their role.

You do have to wonder, a fully fit first 11 for most of this season, would we not be +7 points? ...

We definitely wouldnt be 7pts adrift thats for sure. Then again if for instance, say Lamela was fit, would Son be playing and getting the goals he does in relevant matches.
Its hard to say for sure, but yes, you would like to think our best X1 wouldnt have dropped pts at Anfield and maybe Old Trafford

Nope i have only ever done that once and i learnt my lesson. It was the season after we were relegated to what was then called Div 2, we had walked the season with wins everywhere but as the season came to a end we started to drop points. We were away at Mansfield and we had dropped to third in the table, it was tinkling down with rain, the pitch was a mud heap and it was a open end so we were drenched. We were struggling and Daines ( keeper) had made two really bad mistakes and we were 3-2 down with only a couple of minutes to go.

I was with my Old lady and said i have had enough and we left the ground, just has we left i heard the Spurs scream in delight ( it turned out that we had equalised ), the pigs would not let me back in the ground so i climbed a lamp post to see what was going on, i just about reached the top and could see our fans going mad i punched the air and as i did i fell off the lamp post and ended up having to drive home with a busted hand.

That was the first and last time i have ever left a ground early.

OMG. Memories I went to that match as 15 year old kid. Got my mum to take me while she went shopping in the town. An early appearance for a young Hoddle IIRC.
The police outside were keeping the fans apart and I needed to get past, the copper says 'Where are you from lad' When I told him him Warrington, and he just looked at me bemused and let me through

Was listening on the radio with my son; what an unfukkingbelievable ending to a match; me and my son were jumping, dancing and hugging each other like asylum prisoners lol:D

Never in doubt.....

.....yeah right:eek:

Great in-game management again by Poch!

COYS

I shouted that loud, my son heard me out in the street

Thing is, we are a system team now, yes we do have better players, but largely the system stays the same and incoming players know their role.

You do have to wonder, a fully fit first 11 for most of this season, would we not be +7 points? ...
I I can't dance, but I'm wondering if going to a back 3 earlier in the season might have done the trick too. Don't forget that it was partly due to injuries that we switched to 3 at the back and we have been mostly brilliant since.

OMG. Memories I went to that match as 15 year old kid. Got my mum to take me while she went shopping in the town. An early appearance for a young Hoddle IIRC.
The police outside were keeping the fans apart and I needed to get past, the copper says 'Where are you from lad' When I told him him Warrington, and he just looked at me bemused and let me through

Great stuff, like i say i will never forget that match their CF Fryatt (i think his name was) scored a hat -trick and two were down to Daines and the ball getting stuck in the mud. I really enjoyed most of that season going to grounds i had never been to before and i was shocked at the state of some of them, but we had fun and we usually out numbered the home fans in most games.

We struggled at the end of the season and it looked at one time we may have blown promotion, Mansfied was the start of only two wins in the last 10 games and we went to Southampton ( who were also going for promotion) needing a point to go up, it was the most nervous 0-0 i have ever been at.

Had a season ticket about 5 rows behind the cameras in East stand for div 2. Saw lots of strange things - remember 28 corners before we got the goal against Hull. Also ?? keeper taking a goal kick to one of his defenders who turned away just at that moment, so it went for a corner. We beat Bristol R? 9-0, and we went up on GD being 9 better than Brighton?

Left a League Cup match a couple of mins early to hear equaliser from Gerry Armstrong on the stairs, and a winner from him as I passed archway steel. Never left a game early since - reminded of this after encountering loads who left Wycombe match early and wanted to know all about the last goals.

Hence my earlier question about folks leaving early vs Swans

Oh - and Daines scoring an own goal in the return match vs Bristol. He obstructed Perryman's attempt to larrup the ball clear and kicked it into the roof of the net.

Had a season ticket about 5 rows behind the cameras in East stand for div 2. Saw lots of strange things - remember 28 corners before we got the goal against Hull. Also ?? keeper taking a goal kick to one of his defenders who turned away just at that moment, so it went for a corner. We beat Bristol R? 9-0, and we went up on GD being 9 better than Brighton?

Left a League Cup match a couple of mins early to hear equaliser from Gerry Armstrong on the stairs, and a winner from him as I passed archway steel. Never left a game early since - reminded of this after encountering loads who left Wycombe match early and wanted to know all about the last goals.

Hence my earlier question about folks leaving early vs Swans

Oh - and Daines scoring an own goal in the return match vs Bristol. He obstructed Perryman's attempt to larrup the ball clear and kicked it into the roof of the net.

Did it v Birmingham a few years ago when Lennon scored a late winner(2-1), heard the cheers on Worcester Avenue. Should have been over the moon, but was more gutted we missed it.
Left 5 mins early v Norwich when we lost 1-2 on the Easter Monday. Heard a cheer outside the ground, thought we had scored but was p#ssed off saying 2-2 was still no good to us anyway. As it happened we didnt score, it was probably the Norwich fans cheering the final whistle. As it was had we actually equalised it could have been the point that secured CL football that season

Back