• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Burnley

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Defensively we were decent in the first half - considering what Burnley are like, we have for once manned up enough. Just need to show a bit more quality in the final third.

One goal (either way) might well win this

I didn’t think it was that bad, they won’t be able to keep up that level of organisation for 90 mins surely.
We’ve not really asked that many questions to be fair - Played into their hands so far. Need to release the call or cross a little earlier so they don’t have as much time to get in shape.

In all seriousness, I was worried about Burnley's physical presence, so I thought it made sense to pick our big lads.
But now I'm thinking we should have picked "enough" small/tricky players to actually turn it into a skillful football game as opposed to a physical fight.
Then bring on the big lads (Rodon, Vinni) once we are ahead.

It was so obvious we need to inject some pace, that at half time I bolted from the sofa and darted left of the chair, jinking into the hallway as I unzipped my trousers and sprinted towards the kitchen.
The wife looked on in horror as she realised there was no way she could defend the goal until at the last second I pivoted towards the downstairs loo, pulling out Mr Johnson and unfurling his grotesque magnificence bowlward.
Forcing an opening, I pushed hard and was rewarded with a glorious golden burst of action, smashing it straight into the goal, absolutely unstoppable Brian.

VAR check... [puts finger to ear]
Disallowed. 1/2 inch offside.

I don't think that we need a defensive forward in this game. Having one of our poorest passers in our front three blunts us.
Too many crap passers and users of the ball today; Sissoko, Moura and Davies. I'd argue Dier as well tbh but he's less of a concern as long as he's not hitting it long.

I don't think that we need a defensive forward in this game. Having one of our poorest passers in our front three blunts us.
He's not "one of our poorest passers". He is the worst passer in the Top 5 leagues in Europe.

Had we not dropped so many stupid points so far this season, a draw wouldnt be a disaster. This would be another 2 points dropped

Mou Mou and The Sac having a conversation on the way back out onto the pitch:

"Shall we do pass pass?"
"Pass pass or hooof hooof fight?"
"Pass pass pass"
"OK yes, pass pass pass"
"With Sissoko?"
"YES! With Sissoko, ha ha ha!"

Sissoko doesn't anything positive. He's actively part of the reason we are playing so slow and unable to pass through the lines.

Sissoko doesn't do anything well.
He rarely does anything bad. Problem is as you say, he rarely does anything well either. A Jenas light if you will. Put it this way, he's not offering anything that any other premiership midfielder doesn't. Half his age, half his size, half his anything.

Back