• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watched the MOD highlights, and they were blaming external rules. But I think they and the PL are missing the point. Everywhere else on the pitch there has to be a clear and obvious error by the Ref for VAR to get involved. Not so with handball in the box (or offside). Then VAR is actively looking for the un-obvious.

This is in the hands of the PL. If the handball was made by a defender trying to cheat, then it should come under 'clear and obvious' as a brain needs times to send neurons or what to the arm to move, but if the ball just ricochets onto an arm and you need slow-mo to spot it, that shouldn't be part of VARs remit.

And I'd extend this to offsides too. Unless the cameras are more accurate with when a ball leaves a boot, VAR offside corrections need to be clear and obvious.

Last edited:
Watched the MOD highlights, and they were blaming external rules. But I think they and the PL are missing the point. Everywhere else on the pitch there has to be a clear and obvious error by the Ref for VAR to get involved. Not so with handball in the box (or offside). Then VAR is actively looking for the un-obvious.

This is in the hands of the PL. If the handball was made by a defender trying to cheat, then it should come under 'clear and obvious' as a brain need times to send neurons or what to the arm to move, if the ball just ricochets onto an arm and you need slow-mo to spot it, that shouldn't be part of VARs remit.

And I'd extend this to offsides too. Unless the cameras are more accurate, VAR offside corrections need to be clear and obvious.
I’m not sure clear and obvious is something their applying anymore
It’s because the way each country deals with VaR differently that UEFA have taken it Over now and have defined how it’s used

This is in the hands of the PL. If the handball was made by a defender trying to cheat, then it should come under 'clear and obvious' as a brain needs times to send neurons or what to the arm to move, but if the ball just ricochets onto an arm and you need slow-mo to spot it, that shouldn't be part of VARs remit.

And I'd extend this to offsides too. Unless the cameras are more accurate with when a ball leaves a boot, VAR offside corrections need to be clear and obvious.
Surely Joelinton launching himself into PEH and earning a free kick was a clear an obvious error.

Surely Joelinton launching himself into PEH and earning a free kick was a clear an obvious error.

It looked like to me - in real-time when watching. MOTD didn't cover that. It was an embarrassing decision.

I’m not sure clear and obvious is something their applying anymore
It’s because the way each country deals with VaR differently that UEFA have taken it Over now and have defined how it’s used

UEFA unified handball rules but we still control video refs?

This guy is perfectly suited for football now.
armless.jpg
It's beyond ridiculous now, and players and coaches should take a stand and demand that the pgmol change this ridiculous interpretation of the handball rule, that has been forced through by imbeciles at FIFA.

Can you imagine if we lose out on a Champs League place by 2 points....or by goal difference (after the 'penalty' last week).

Can you imagine if we lose out on a Champs League place by 2 points....or by goal difference (after the 'penalty' last week).
I've been supporting this club for long enough to think that. Could you imagine us finishing 4th and NOT qualifying fro the CL because Cheat$ki fluke winning the CL?

Annoying that Jeans didn’t highlight it on MotD considering he must’ve seen it on his Twitter.

Or the offside

It shouldn't be offside, but Son got a goal disallowed for having an elbow in offside against Leicester last season, so this should've been taken as well.

Offside and handball rules are ruining the enjoyment of the game at the moment. Aim for arms in the box instead of the goal, much more efficient.

It looked like to me - in real-time when watching. MOTD didn't cover that. It was an embarrassing decision.

UEFA unified handball rules but we still control video refs?
No they contrail video refs and the use of var
The IFAB changed the rules on handball though
So it’s a mess

What a fudging 2020 of a rule and decision that is.

Can take a lot of positives from the first half performance. I just can't get over that penalty though.

Surely the PL and FA decided to use VAR and have control over video refs? Ifab changed hand ball rules but don’t employ refs.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Nope
You listened to the snippet form Sam Matterface posted here yesterday?

I’m sad I read a lot about football and not much else TBH. UEFA stepped in and took over as the adoption and use of VAR was varying country to country. IFAB right the rules but don’t control the use of VAR. it was the Prem that caused it happen because we wouldn’t use monitors

Back