• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can anyone explain to me why we bought Bergwyn? He doesn’t have the pace of Lennon, Son or Lucas, he seemingly doesn’t have the ability to beat a man like a Bale, Waddle or Ginola, he constantly goes backwards , he doesn’t run in behind like Son or Dele and offers nothing that our existing wide players like Son, Lucas, Lamela, Sissoko, Sessegnon or Dele already provided.

His signing was a mystery to me at the time given our obvious weaknesses elsewhere, and since his debut goal against City, I have seen nothing from him to convince me. When he came on our attacking play was extremely muted.

Is he another in a long list of duff wingers we have bought?
He was quick before we bought him!

I think he’s lacking confidence due to being injured and then in and out of the team. Technically he’s shown he’s decent, he’s gone into he’s shell a bit and probably got caught in the trap of not wanting to take risks whilst trying to prove himself to the manager. We needed an alternative to Son and Moura and I presumed him and Gedson were intended to give us pacey alternatives in game and in rotation.
Sessegnon seems to be suffering a similar affliction.

If the ref had seen the incident in real time and given the penalty without the aid of var would you still be blaming it?

Exactly
That is kinda the point. The chances are if you cannot see a football hit a hand with the naked eye, without replaying it in slow mo, the defender probably has not cheated. The ball just ricocheted into an arm. VAR in its current form is being used to look for any brush of an arm against ball. That is the problem.

Has “clear and obvious” mistake been thrown out of the window? What happened to this premise?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have yet to see him win a foot race with a player.
I bet he does against our defenders in training!

he was supposed to be rapid but I’m sure he pulled up with something after a sprint in one of the first couple of games he had for us.

I like him. He's got an x-factor. Clever player, he makes a lot of good runs off the ball, he never plays it safe, he's strong as a bull, pretty quick, technical, his crossing is good as well. He's just not playing much. I'd have him starting in front of Lucas any day of the week, as I think he's got way more of a footballing brain, and contributes more to the team overall than Lucas (although, to be fair, Lucas was very good today!).

He stymied all our forward play today. As soon as he replaced Son, we ceased to really threaten from the left hand side.

Can anyone explain to me why we bought Bergwyn? He doesn’t have the pace of Lennon, Son or Lucas, he seemingly doesn’t have the ability to beat a man like a Bale, Waddle or Ginola, he constantly goes backwards , he doesn’t run in behind like Son or Dele and offers nothing that our existing wide players like Son, Lucas, Lamela, Sissoko, Sessegnon or Dele already provided.

His signing was a mystery to me at the time given our obvious weaknesses elsewhere, and since his debut goal against City, I have seen nothing from him to convince me. When he came on our attacking play was extremely muted.

Is he another in a long list of duff wingers we have bought?

I’d agree it was a strange one given how well stocked we were in that position and how weak we were elsewhere. Maybe it was one of those where it was too good to pass up and needed to be done there and then.

Personally, I’ve been impressed to an extent with him. Thought he was good in a few games last season and he’s still adapting and is young. He’s got the ability to contribute more than Moura in my view.

That is kinda the point. The chances are if you cannot see a football hit a hand with the naked eye, without replaying it in slow mo, the defender probably has not cheated. The ball just ricocheted into an arm. VAR in its current form is being used to look for any brush of an arm against ball. That is the problem.

Has “clear and obvious” mistake been thrown out of the window? What happened to this premise?

I do think that putting a time limit on the review would help give context to how disputable the original decision is. I’d propose a review system by the coach but it would just get abused to time waste it take momentum away from obvious genuine goals.

This 100 times
Watching it on freeze frame or slow motion shows even less intent and doesn’t ever reflect the speed of anything

Yes - if it had been Carroll in an offside position: that would have canceled any subsequent offence as he’d have been off first.

But the player who was in the ostensible offside position here wasn’t affecting play on that phase under the current laws so it’s right that he was ignored as a factor.

In attempting to play the ball he is involved. Plenty of examples where this has been enforced.

I was agreeing with you. If we put away our chances, the penalty just becomes a late consolation with no impact on the result

One thing we do have to consider is that aside from the misses (Dier's header springs to mind, Kane had a couple) we hit the woodwork twice and the keeper's saves from
Kane first-half were nearly well executed chances. Have to say, I thought overall we played really well, even being patient second-half, and I am confident if we can maintain those standards this is going to be a good season...

Back