• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing we do have to consider is that aside from the misses (Dier's header springs to mind, Kane had a couple) we hit the woodwork twice and the keeper's saves from
Kane first-half were nearly well executed chances. Have to say, I thought overall we played really well, even being patient second-half, and I am confident if we can maintain those standards this is going to be a good season...

I agree

I've never jumped with my arm out stretched like that and i doubt anyone else has either - he turns his head as the ball goes past him and that's when his arm shoots out as he's lost control.

What we cannot mandate for is the nudge he got. Any physical contact as you jump will cause any number of things.

One thing we do have to consider is that aside from the misses (Dier's header springs to mind, Kane had a couple) we hit the woodwork twice and the keeper's saves from
Kane first-half were nearly well executed chances. Have to say, I thought overall we played really well, even being patient second-half, and I am confident if we can maintain those standards this is going to be a good season...

Yes, agreed. Today made me the most optimistic I've been under Jose, and we still have Bale and Reguilon to add to that team, and hopefully a new CB too (as well as back-up CF). If we regulaly play like we did today, we'll finish top 4

Yes, agreed. Today made me the most optimistic I've been under Jose, and we still have Bale and Reguilon to add to that team, and hopefully a new CB too (as well as back-up CF). If we regulaly play like we did today, we'll finish top 4

I have foolishly allowed myself to believe we can push for the title!!!! This performance only increases that. I believe top 4 for sure. Further, Sonny's injury hurts because he is on fire BUT we have Dele, Lamela and Bergwijn as three options to work in with Gio, Lucas and Kane. With the same attitude as today, we should be just fine. Looking forward to Reguilion as I felt Davies cost us some today by simply not attacking enough given the spaces which were there.

Without Son now for at least a few weeks - and Bale not ready yet -we really need Bergwyn to step up and provide a threat from the left. A threat he has not so far shown himself to be.

Last edited:

All good - but without a proper back-up striker we will struggle imo.

Can’t stand teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine. For no other reason than they always seem to nick results off us time and time again despite not deserving to. When was the last time we got a decision like that in our favour when we struggling to break teams down and needed a lucky break? Never happens. Will be the same gonad*s all over again when we play WBA at home. Think I might purposely avoid that fixture.

Can’t stand teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine. For no other reason than they always seem to nick results off us time and time again despite not deserving to. When was the last time we got a decision like that in our favour when we struggling to break teams down and needed a lucky break? Never happens. Will be the same gonad*s all over again when we play WBA at home. Think I might purposely avoid that fixture.

and then always roll over like a puppy when they play teams near us in the league

This is apparently a common sexy symptom. I have heard it will take at least 10 years for an antidote to be tested and made ready, sadly there is no sign of track trace being rolled out anytime soon!

Without Son now for at least a few weeks - and Bale not ready yet -we really need Bergwyn to step up and provide a threat from the left. A threat he has not so far shown himself to be.

Lets see whether he actually is out. He didnt seem to be limping and I wouldnt be surprised if Jose took him off so that he could start on tues, and felt the need to cover himself afterwards. We might hear stories in the coming days that it turned out to just be cramp

Only Liverpool (14) have won more points against us in home fixtures than Saudi Sportswashing Machine (13) over the last seven years. (Emirates Marketing Project 12, Chelsea 8, Woolwich 5, Man Utd 6 so yes very much a bogey side for us)

It looks as if the sentiment on here reflects mine once the raw emotion washed over....it was 'just one of those days' - its a match that will go down in the record books as a home draw but the reality is that it was a day when we didn't get the rub of the green. In an era when every minutae gets analysed to death its easy to lose sight of the fact that sometimes strange things happen in football matches and affect results.

I'll now contradict myself be providing analysis but 23 shots is the most we've had in a match since the opening day of last season (v Villa) and 12 shots on target is the most we've managed in over 15 months. I worried pre-game about whether we'd have the abiloty to create chances against a low block team who are well organised and with no ambition to do anything but defend. I was encouraged by the way we played and the chances created. Its really the first time we've seen this progressive and creative style of play under Jose or in fact under Poch for a couple of years so bodes well for the future where 9/10 we win that match 2 or 3 nil.

We weren't flawless by any means - felt we dropped intensity as the second half meandered which always left us susceptible to a moment of madness or genius which ultimately occurred - but I'd prefer this to another stale and turgid performance so hopefully a corner turned.

Lets see whether he actually is out. He didnt seem to be limping and I wouldnt be surprised if Jose took him off so that he could start on tues, and felt the need to cover himself afterwards. We might hear stories in the coming days that it turned out to just be cramp

Like we are that lucky :D

Only Liverpool (14) have won more points against us in home fixtures than Saudi Sportswashing Machine (13) over the last seven years. (Emirates Marketing Project 12, Chelsea 8, Woolwich 5, Man Utd 6 so yes very much a bogey side for us)

It looks as if the sentiment on here reflects mine once the raw emotion washed over....it was 'just one of those days' - its a match that will go down in the record books as a home draw but the reality is that it was a day when we didn't get the rub of the green. In an era when every minutae gets analysed to death its easy to lose sight of the fact that sometimes strange things happen in football matches and affect results.

I'll now contradict myself be providing analysis but 23 shots is the most we've had in a match since the opening day of last season (v Villa) and 12 shots on target is the most we've managed in over 15 months. I worried pre-game about whether we'd have the abiloty to create chances against a low block team who are well organised and with no ambition to do anything but defend. I was encouraged by the way we played and the chances created. Its really the first time we've seen this progressive and creative style of play under Jose or in fact under Poch for a couple of years so bodes well for the future where 9/10 we win that match 2 or 3 nil.

We weren't flawless by any means - felt we dropped intensity as the second half meandered which always left us susceptible to a moment of madness or genius which ultimately occurred - but I'd prefer this to another stale and turgid performance so hopefully a corner turned.

Good analysis.

I think the intenisty was always going to drop in the 2nd half due to our current schedule and lack of preseason

I agree - but only if we sign a decent second striker before the window closes.
I think we'll be OK without a second striker, but we sure need a beast of a CB. We do not seem to be playing with an out and out striker at the moment. Kane drops deep quite a lot with Son and Moura playing more forward at times. Add Bale and we're in good shape up front. But we must have a defense that can keep a clean sheet against a bottom half side just for the fun of it.

Back