• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

-------------Forster
Royal---Romero---Dier---Davies
---------Skipp---Hojbjerg
Kulusevski---Kane---Son
-----------Richarlison

I do hope we win this in normal time...put the right team out and win it, not a second string who play below their ability and feck it up, something we have seen far far too often of late.
Yes; start with a really strong team and only weaken it if we can.
Sheff Utd are well capable of beating us or 0-0 and pens.

Big, BIG game tomorrow night. Hopefully we can be winning by a good margin and then make subs. I certainly wouldn't be starting with anything other than our strongest team (in the main), Sheffield United look a very good counter-attacking team that could punish our typical lapses....

For me:

Forster
Romero Dier Lenglet
Royal Hojbjerg Skipp Perisic
Kulusevski Kane Danjuma

Have Richarlison and Son come on if we are 2 or 3 nil up by the 70th minute.

Prediction: 2-1 Spurs with a late winner from Kulusevski.

COYS. Please.

Last edited:
While we need to rotate, we also need to start strong and win the battle - i.e. The right to play - as we have done in the last few games. Hence, we need the battlers to start not the flakier players.

My team:

........................Forster....................

.... Sanchez.........Dier.......Lenglet........

Royal............Skipp......Sarr.......Davies

.......Kulu............Richi.......Danjuma

Son, Peresic and Porro kept in reserve. Hopefully we don't need Kane, Romero or PEH.

I have taken one out of defence, one out of CM and one out of the forward line ( Romero, PEH and Kane) I have also only taken one out of the righthandside , one out of the centre and one out of the left. So hopefully have left the balance the same.

Only the 5th time we've played them in the FA Cup, first since 1958. An average of 3.75 goals per game: https://www.thfcdb.com/matches?filterTeams[0]=65326&filterCompetitions[0]=4&page=1&limit=10

Similarly, in our 9 meetings at Bramall Lane since 1991 (5 PL, 2 First Division, 1 League Cup, 1 friendly) there's been 34 goals scored: https://www.thfcdb.com/matches?filterTeams[0]=65326&filterVenues[0]=65328&page=1&limit=10

So this will be 0-0, out on penalties.

Our first FA Cup winners in 1901 was against Untied in a 2-1 victory in a replay, we are the only non league team to win cup since Football League started in 1888, don't mention this to Sky.

While we need to rotate, we also need to start strong and win the battle - i.e. The right to play - as we have done in the last few games. Hence, we need the battlers to start not the flakier players.

My team:

........................Forster....................

.... Sanchez.........Dier.......Lenglet........

Royal............Skipp......Sarr.......Davies

.......Kulu............Richi.......Danjuma

Son, Peresic and Porro kept in reserve. Hopefully we don't need Kane, Romero or PEH.

I have taken one out of defence, one out of CM and one out of the forward line ( Romero, PEH and Kane) I have also only taken one out of the righthandside , one out of the centre and one out of the left. So hopefully have left the balance the same.
I like that team. Richi could do with some goals and Kulu some more match fitness -- hopefully a good solid 60 minutes. Good to see a bit of Danjuma.

However, I'd be tempted to give Royal and Davies a rest as well. Let's see what Porro can do, and maybe this is one for Perisic too.

Yep this is the last opportunity to rest some players for a while but its risky playing away at this team. But looking at the schedule I’m not sure we have a choice. Wolves have also got a free week leading up to the game, tbh I’d probably take a point at molineux if it was offered to me now as I’m not convinced about us playing away from home.

chelsea, sunday
Sheff u, weds
Wolves, sat
Milan, weds,
N forrest, sat

For sheffield united I would go with.

Forster
Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Emerson, Hojbjerg, Sarr, Perisic
Danjuma, Kane, Son

If everything goes to plan we can then sub the likes of Emerson, Hojbjerg and Kane.

Just seen Wolves don’t have a free week actually. They go to anfield tomorrow.

To be honest, the league/making sure they get promoted is such a priority for them, they might end up rotating more than we do.

Like us, SheffU have a busy calendar after this game and if they are prioritizing a top two finish you could well be right. After two losses dropped them well off Burnley's first place pace, they're away to fourf place Blackbum Rovers on Saturday, away again on Tuesday to mid-table Reading and home the following Saturday to sixth place Luton.

That's an important stretch for them to keep pursuing clubs at bay. And Middlesboro, Blackbum and Millwall have all done well lately to close the gap. In their shoes, I'd run out some reserves and keep the best players rested but ready in case we somehow can't get the job done.

Like us, SheffU have a busy calendar after this game and if they are prioritizing a top two finish you could well be right. After two losses dropped them well off Burnley's first place pace, they're away to fourf place Blackbum Rovers on Saturday, away again on Tuesday to mid-table Reading and home the following Saturday to sixth place Luton.

That's an important stretch for them to keep pursuing clubs at bay. And Middlesboro, Blackbum and Millwall have all done well lately to close the gap. In their shoes, I'd run out some reserves and keep the best players rested but ready in case we somehow can't get the job done.
The ones ive been speaking to are calling tomorrow 'a free hit'. Which can be a dangerous mindset to encounter

I'd be starting Sanchez given he hasnt played in a while and he needs to start v Milan when Dier is out

Porro should play IMO to get embedded into the team; Perisic for Davies is logical at LWB too

Then Sarr and Skipp in CM

Son and Richie both need to play their way into form, so them + 1 other up top

This would be my team

Forster
Tanganga, Sanchez, Davies
Porro, Højbjerg, Sarr, Pericic
Lucas, Danjuma, Richalison

Back