• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Palace***

Apologies if this has been covered but just got back from the game.

Why oh why are letting them bring a drum in? Seemed to help their constant chanting which in turn would surely help their players!?

We finished the game with lots of our spine missing. Hopefully not for too long.

Toby - few weeks?
Kane - fit but tired?
Alli - ??
Winks - ??
Loris - ??

Nah - if I remember correctly, some Atleti player signed a 10-year contract a few months ago, so I guess it's possible.

Anyway, *everything* about Erik Lamela is a damn mystery. Did he even really exist, or was it just Jesus Perez with some eyeliner all along?

I found a bit saying contracted till 2018.

Let’s just say he’s contracted till 18 with an option of 2 more years. Lol

We finished the game with lots of our spine missing. Hopefully not for too long.

Toby - few weeks?
Kane - fit but tired?
Alli - ??
Winks - ??
Loris - ??

Poch said dele will be fine for the NLD, and Kane will probably be ok for England but needs his game time managed properly. Substitution was precautionary. Winks twisted his ankle but might still make the England games

I really hope Kane and Winks pull out of the England squad. With the world cup at the end of the season, they need some down time at some point. Dier gets some games off, as do Trippier and Rose so less crucial for them - doesn't feel like it makes sense for anyone to play in international friendlies when they have a knock like Kane and Winks though

I always wondered why we brought Pletikosa in for that one single season when we already had Gomes and Cudicini. My suspicion is that it's entirely because he was Croatian and we wanted to increase our Croat contingent from 3 to 4 for some unfathomable reason - and Pletikosa was the cheapest way to do that.

It was one of the most mysterious transfers I'd seen in my time at Spurs. Still is, although Pau now runs Pletikosa close for the title of 'most pointlessly inexplicable transfer' ever. Both goalkeepers, too. :p
Post of the year [emoji6]

Poch said dele will be fine for the NLD, and Kane will probably be ok for England but needs his game time managed properly. Substitution was precautionary. Winks twisted his ankle but might still make the England games

I really hope Kane and Winks pull out of the England squad. With the world cup at the end of the season, they need some down time at some point. Dier gets some games off, as do Trippier and Rose so less crucial for them - doesn't feel like it makes sense for anyone to play in international friendlies when they have a knock like Kane and Winks though

Winks would be mad to pull out if the squad.

Kane should, No threat to his place.

Yeah a bit different with Winks because he needs to earn a place in the WC squad and these two games will help him do that, whereas Kane is already established

Headache driving away from Wembley. Especially when roads are closed along the way. Sat in service station typing this.

Today's match was boring. Players were sloppy in their play, almost lazy. Dier and Vertonghen were our best players. Aurier has been given a good match rating but wasn't all that. Sisokko did well. Pleasing to see.

But most importantly...we won, so in to the International break we go, and next up Arsenal.

Not a good performance, but our superior finishing wins us the game.

Was worried about this being a tough one, so not really surprised. Missing Alli in addition to the others hurt us and Palace played rather well.

A lot of our players with some thinking to do until the next time we face a team like this.

Palace came for a 0-0 and nearly got it.

We were very flat. Im not surprised but am somewhat disappointed.

Was impressed with Zaha, I think he is coming on nicely - I can see why we would be interested.

Conversely, completely unimpressed with Townsend for all the same reasons I was glad we sold him - not a player who will grow IMO - he is what he is.

Incidentally Phil Neville was commentating on the game. I think its the first time Ive noticed him doing it, and my word what a fudging imbecile he is.

Talking absolute tosh from the first whistle. Uninformed, illogical, and basically nonsense. It was impressive in just how bad it was.

We made very hard work of that. (Although watching with a slight hangover, not having to jump around cheering too much had its upside).
From stringing thirty-something ole passes together against Real Madrid to looking as if the aim of the game was to give the ball away - and succeeding. Very sloppy at times.
A good debut overall from Gazzinaga. Made some crucial saves but could also have cost us if Palace weren’t so awful at finishing.
I think Son needs to play a few back to back games to get back up to scratch. He was frustrating to watch today. Yet like Dele, you know there is always the chance of a goal in him.
Dier MOTM for me with Verts not far behind.
It could so easily have been a repeat of Burnley but thankfully we did enough, along with having that bit of luck that is needed sometimes, to take the 3 points.

The break is coming at the right time for us. A bit of TLC for our injured/tired players and come back stronger.

BTW - we’re all hoping for Lamela to be back soon. But seeing how very rusty Rose looks after his time out, maybe we need to temper our expectations a bit in terms of what Lamela being back will mean for us. Mind you, Lamela doesn’t look like he’s been living in a pie shop during his absence.

Palace came for a 0-0 and nearly got it.

We were very flat. Im not surprised but am somewhat disappointed.

Was impressed with Zaha, I think he is coming on nicely - I can see why we would be interested.

Conversely, completely unimpressed with Townsend for all the same reasons I was glad we sold him - not a player who will grow IMO - he is what he is.

Sissoko would have looked very good for them today. Son would have been absolutely brilliant.

Not sure looking good for a team set up to counter attack like that is a good predictor for doing well for us.

Sissoko would have looked very good for them today. Son would have been absolutely brilliant.

Not sure looking good for a team set up to counter attack like that is a good predictor for doing well for us.

I just liked his performance in general. The strength and ability he showed. The fight.

Playing so far forward doesnt suit him at all, but watching him in the slightly deeper areas it made perfect sense to me that we would be interested in him.

Put it this way - today, dealing with a game like today - he would have been amazing for us IMHO in breaking down a unit with 10 behind the ball.

We made very hard work of that. (Although watching with a slight hangover, not having to jump around cheering too much had its upside).
From stringing thirty-something ole passes together against Real Madrid to looking as if the aim of the game was to give the ball away - and succeeding. Very sloppy at times.
A good debut overall from Gazzinaga. Made some crucial saves but could also have cost us if Palace weren’t so awful at finishing.
I think Son needs to play a few back to back games to get back up to scratch. He was frustrating to watch today. Yet like Dele, you know there is always the chance of a goal in him.
Dier MOTM for me with Verts not far behind.
It could so easily have been a repeat of Burnley but thankfully we did enough, along with having that bit of luck that is needed sometimes, to take the 3 points.

The break is coming at the right time for us. A bit of TLC for our injured/tired players and come back stronger.

BTW - we’re all hoping for Lamela to be back soon. But seeing how very rusty Rose looks after his time out, maybe we need to temper our expectations a bit in terms of what Lamela being back will mean for us. Mind you, Lamela doesn’t look like he’s been living in a pie shop during his absence.
sorry, what is TLC?

I don't see how that was a penalty. What was Gazzaniga supposed to do? He spread himself to make himself big in case Sakho made contact wth the ball, but he didn't come flying out at Sakho, wiping him out. Sakho was the one who came flying into Gazzaniga. In general I think goalkeepers get away with things much too easily, but Gazzaniga did nothing wrong there for me.

Certainly can read it that way.

But he also smacked him reet in the heed whilst the ball was still in play.

If it had been given I couldn't have genuinely complained.

Not sure if this correct. But just read that 23pts from 11 games is our best start to a PL season at this stage. All this playing at Wembley.
I know we were unbeaten in our 1st 11 matches last season, but only picked up 21pts

Anyone confirm this is a correct statement?

Last edited:
Back