• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Palace***

Not sure if this correct. But just read that 23pts from 11 games is our best start to a PL season at this stage. All this playing at Wembley.
I know we were unbeaten in our 1st 11 matches last season, but only picked up 21pts

Anyone confirm this is a correct statement?

I’m sure it is

Sounded like a tough game (listened on the radio). But we got the win, we'll need a few of these 1-0 wins this season, can't crush cans every week.

Not sure if this correct. But just read that 23pts from 11 games is our best start to a PL season at this stage. All this playing at Wembley.
I know we were unbeaten in our 1st 11 matches last season, but only picked up 21pts

Anyone confirm this is a correct statement?
Amazing stat, thanks for that

Good to know

Just look at the state of this league... 6 proper teams (I'm being generous and including Arse) and then Burnley having an absolute stormer before they revert back to norm... then a right load of chod in the background, absolutely pointless teams.

31 Emirates Marketing Project
23 Man Utd, Tottenham
22 Chelsea
19 Liverpool, Arsenal, Burnley
Then all the brick teams

http://canntable.com/table.html#league/PL

Job done type of performance.

Watched the game back on replay, Son probably could have had a hatrick, Sanchez should have scored the header, Danny, Kane, Eriksen all had a couple of almosts, not quite as dire as people made out.

Team did look a little tired at end, tough week, well done.

Now for our injured players to sit out the internationals and get some recovery time.

What a scrappy game, we rode our luck, but thankfully came out as winners. Three points will do. Now lets give Kane, Dele and Winks a rest for the international break, and come back stronger for our next game.

Great win today in the sense that we played crap and still somehow squeezed out a result against a resilient, stubborn team. Think the title is out of our reach but wins like today are what titles/trophies are built upon.

Great win today in the sense that we played crap and still somehow squeezed out a result against a resilient, stubborn team. Think the title is out of our reach but wins like today are what titles/trophies are built upon.
True. We still seem to be struggling against teams who sit deep at Wembley though. Got the win so not complaining but also not blind to this fact that we have yet to record a good solid win against a team who show little ambition to attack us from the off. The game seemed to follow the same pattern as Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth.

Palace came for a 0-0 and nearly got it.

We were very flat. Im not surprised but am somewhat disappointed.

Was impressed with Zaha, I think he is coming on nicely - I can see why we would be interested.

Conversely, completely unimpressed with Townsend for all the same reasons I was glad we sold him - not a player who will grow IMO - he is what he is.

I've never agreed with the notion that playing defensively = 'playing for a draw'. Surely they're hoping to nick a goal or two on the break or from set pieces to get the win, which they could have done today?

I've never agreed with the notion that playing defensively = 'playing for a draw'. Surely they're hoping to nick a goal or two on the break or from set pieces to get the win, which they could have done today?

Mourinho does it all the time.

Of course the intention isnt to "not win".

However, IMO, there is a big difference between playing defensive with the intent to win, and playing simply with the intent to not lose.

Palace had no recognised striker, and only really 2 attacking players, with everyone else behind the ball. Thats the latter example in this case, IMO.

If we're 4 points behind going into the last game, the title is out of reach. Until then, we're very much in it!

I think our slow (ish) start will probably be our undoing again. Not saying we can't go on a run like we did in the second half of last season but playing catch up clearly takes a lot out of players mentally, it has done for us the last couple of years. Just think we've got too much to do to catch Emirates Marketing Project and stay in front of them. If we're within 3 points of them by the new year then who knows. Before the season started I wasn't expecting us to challenge for the title purely because of the Wembley factor so we're playing to about the same kind of standard I thought we would.

I think our slow (ish) start will probably be our undoing again. Not saying we can't go on a run like we did in the second half of last season but playing catch up clearly takes a lot out of players mentally, it has done for us the last couple of years. Just think we've got too much to do to catch Emirates Marketing Project and stay in front of them. If we're within 3 points of them by the new year then who knows. Before the season started I wasn't expecting us to challenge for the title purely because of the Wembley factor so we're playing to about the same kind of standard I thought we would.

It’s the best start we ever had in the prem

I know, but as per the two previous seasons, one team has had an even better start to the season than us. We've had our best ever start to a Prem season and yet are still 8 points behind.
Also says a lot that we haven't ever made a great start really. To put it into perspective at the same stage last season, Liverpool and Arsenal all had more points than we did at the same stage last season

Back