• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there's a lot of things to take away from today...

1. Had we have won it might not have been for the best for the club. The "keep Ryan" phalanx would have been out in force saying he needs to be given a chance to show what he can do - yes he does, but he should start at Leyton Orient and then head to Ipswich and then maybe Fulham and then in 8-9 years come be our manager. We need a proven manager with the right personality and style we as fans crave. Mason would get above average results for 4-6 months and then it would be a tumble down the table, followed by his sacking and his finding a new job impossible.
2. City have a winning culture which has been bred over 10 years, under Enic we have had a culture of not quite being there. Jol first found it, Poch also found it, Mourinho never stopped mentioning it, and the next manager is going to need to be something special to not be in a position where he finds it and can do nothing about it. Either that or he needs a five year contract, whatever the results are.
3. For every person who slates Aurier as a defender, you need to make the same comments with regards Reguilon. He's occasionally great going forwards and a defensively hot headed liability at least twice per game. He will be good, with the right coaching, but someone needs to drill that impetuous streak out of him.
4. The world football market is a bit stuck at the moment - just buying superstars is going to be hard with FFP and the lack of fans, so we MIGHT get one more year with Kane at the club. This is why the next manager has to be a really, really clever choice.
5. Mason made some basic errors today - easy to say with hindsight, but when the first change came, it should have been Bale or Lamela for Son. Sonny's knackered, has been for a while and needed a rest. Moura has been outstanding for 2 months and was our best player today. Also trying to tighten up behind the less defensive player with Sissoko was fine if you removed Winks, but not removing Lo Celso. In one minute he stripped our two most creative players from deep, and replaced them with a winger and a utility player who has not had a good season. Undo all those issues and we might still have lost - City are serials winners and have world class players in every position on the pitch.
6. Despite the above comment about the world market, we need to invest in a central defensive leader, and a right back this summer - and they need to be first teamers not Matt Doherty 2 and Sanchez 2.

been to the Hospital today...so....am going through this match on here without knowing the score.
I feel this is the same kind of side Mouriniho would pick. Dire and Winks..again and again same players
that keep letting us down! and Kane should not have started this game..repeat of CL final...
anyway lets see if I am wrong or not!

Aurier is dumb and commits stupid challenges all the time, I can't stand his lack of brain cells but Sissoko is much worse, he is fully retarded and should be fed into one of those mulching machines.

I'm flabbergasted that a Spurs fan would let that tw@t onto the pitch, to be honest I f*cking hat Sissoko as a footballer, I would rather put my left testicle on the pitch.
Again, I don't think Aurier's was a brain fart. He was unlucky. It's a high stakes game. I guarantee walker makes an error today if he faced the same pressure. Sissoko's was classic brain fart.

I'd cut Mason a lot of slack for today. We were very badly set up from the off and that contributed to an awful first half. His subs were also poor. Moura should never have come off and Sissoko should never have come on.

But we did improve hugely second half and we were playing a much better side than us. And he's facing the best manager of the last 15 years backed by limitless amounts of money.

He's a young lad in at the deep end. Little to no blame for him today. Hope he picks up 5 wins from here in.
We are not going to win all 5 games, far from it but nothing wrong with wishful thinking I guess.

Must say I find it interesting we put in a very Jose like performance and yet now he’s not here to blame we are back to spacegoating the players again. Of course we were up against one of the best teams today, but considering many on here claim we easily have a top 4 squad and now Jose has gone we will be playing more on the front foot we should perform a hell of a lot better than we did. It’s not as if the players were all that against Southampton either. The majority of this squad has either been here too long, or just simply not good enough....

We are not going to win all 5 games, far from it but nothing wrong with wishful thinking I guess.

Must say I find it interesting we put in a very Jose like performance and yet now he’s not here to blame we are back to spacegoating the players again. Of course we were up against one of the best teams today, but considering many on here claim we easily have a top 4 squad and now Jose has gone we will be playing more on the front foot we should perform a hell of a lot better than we did. It’s not as if the players were all that against Southampton either. The majority of this squad has either been here too long, or just simply not good enough....

I'm not blaming the players at all. I thought Aurier was culpable for the goal and Son was awful. But we got beat by a better team, with a top class manager and endless resources.

Jose would have gotten a lot of stick for today if we'd played like that. But he's a man with a reputation on 15m a year. Massive difference between him and a rookie who has been in the job 6 days.

Yip, exactly.

I had a heart attack on Easter Sunday. Recovering well, but it might have been medically inadvisable to have stayed with that game if by some miracle we’d scored in the 70th minute or so.
Sorry to hear that Mr.
But I think you were safe watching today!

I'm not blaming the players at all. I thought Aurier was culpable for the goal and Son was awful. But we got beat by a better team, with a top class manager and endless resources.

Jose would have gotten a lot of stick for today if we'd played like that. But he's a man with a reputation on 15m a year. Massive difference between him and a rookie who has been in the job 6 days.

We’re on to the third manager for this lot now.

I’ve worked out the common denominator.

The spacegoating wasn’t aimed at you, just what have seen in the threads.
The point is many were saying it’s all Jose, we have a top 4 squad and it’s just Jose holding us back etc. Now it’s been two performances with no Jose to blame we are back onto player x,y and z is brick. I have no problem with Jose being sacked but this squad is massively overrated by a lot on here. Lloris is a top keeper, and Kane a top striker. Inbetween that on the pitch? Really not all that. NDombele has been very good - in Flashes. Son as patchy as hell. I could go on. This squad needs a makeover....

The problem , as it has been for the last two managers, has been our rank poor recruitment over a number of years. The vast majority of our players are substandard.

What Hitchens is still doing in post is a complete mystery to me.

Taking the heat for Levy.

We’re on to the third manager for this lot now.

I’ve worked out the common denominator.
We need to invest in the squad! We all know this but we also know we have very little money.
No point in continually bleating about! It’s going to take time. I personally love the idea of have a young Spurs guy at the helm.

Last edited:

No manager is going to undo what Mourinho has done and implement their own style in 5 days, let alone a manager without any experience.

Are we willing to take the pain of ignoring the whining players in our squad when a manager tells them the harsh truth? Are we willing to accept that those players are going to try to get the manager fired and are we willing to back the manager? If we are not then forget it - we are part of the problem. Some of our players on high wages are not good enough for where the fans feel we should be.

That said shout out to the fans who were in the stadium - it will be better in the future.

I will still not watch this squad until July. On review if certain players are still at this club, I will go on a Spurs watching strike.

No manager is going to undo what Mourinho has done and implement their own style in 5 days, let alone a manager without any experience.

Continue blaming Mourinho. He had nothing to do with the team selection today and he has left the club. Jose is enjoying himself somewhere.

Are we willing to take the pain of ignoring the whining players in our squad when a manager tells them the harsh truth? Are we willing to accept that those players are going to try to get the manager fired and are we willing to back the manager? If we are not then forget it - we are part of the problem. Some of our players on high wages are not good enough for where the fans feel we should be.

That said shout out to the fans who were in the stadium - it will be better in the future.

I will still not watch this squad until July. On review if certain players are still at this club, I will go on a Spurs watching strike.
Well Toby seems happier and was brilliant today
But the players are a BIG part of the problem

I am going to laugh a lot.

Not quite sure where I'm at with this one, on one hand I'm glad we weren't humiliated; sure we were second best by a long way but at least we didn't get absolutely done in score wise. On the other it's another final where we just didn't manage to show our strengths as a team, like the dreaded CL final we didn't really manage to muster a decent chance, nevermind score a goal.

Back