• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Problem with this analysis is that the bulk of these players were playing like this in the league for 12 months before Mourinho showed up.
It was a different team in key areas. Sissoko and Winks were starters in the first 11 for one and an out of form Eriksen. Ndombele and Lo Celso had not yet settled into the PL. It's rather too convenient to absolve Jose of the blame.

Last edited:
The Ref gave a foul on Sterling, but not one for a similar (worse) challenge on Regulion by Walker. He also didn't give them 2 clear yellows first half which was poor.

We defended well and didn't have enough zip to use the ball when we had it.

Wasn't a fan of Mason's subs. LeCelco and Moura were probably our brightest players. Would have taken Winks and Son (who was woeful) off. We were in the game, which makes it all the more frustrating the Ref gave that fk, when he didn't give an almost identical one our way. Poor from the ref, okayish form us.

Last edited:
We're too fudging damaged from Jose. Hopeless.

Hang on a minute Mason's just put Jose's team out and as for taking Moura off a player that scored three in the CLeague semi final..mabe he [Mason] did not see that game .lol.and then not bringing Bale on earlier and then bringing Sissoko on..bloody Hell. and we still have good old Winks and Dire in the setup..Kane not recovered properly from injury for his second cup final that he insists playing in..well thats my interpretation and I'm afraid Mason could never be a Manager playing that lot!!!!!!!

Tyler and I don’t believe he is right. I’d have wanted Levy fudged out if he didn’t sign us up given the opportunity. I’m dead against the ESL but when the other 5 biggest teams are signing up with Europe’s biggest, it’d be a dereliction of duty to sit on his hands.
It would have shown integrity and an understanding of the industry within which we operate.

Please take off your Jose blinkers.. He supposedly coached this team for the last 18 months. Do you think he is absolved from today just because he wasn't there? He helped create the mess we are in. Players he bought like Reguillon, Doherty and Hojbjerg have seen their form drop off a cliff edge. Something must have been seriously toxic for levy to have had more faith in an untried development coach instead of Jose for our biggest game since the Champions League final.
How much time do you think it would take for the 'Jose' effect to wear off? How long before he is no longer the latest excuse for the players? Pochettino, Mourinho - who next has to come in before we accept reality.

How much time do you think it would take for the 'Jose' effect to wear off? How long before he is no longer the latest excuse for the players? Pochettino, Mourinho - who next has to come in before we accept reality.
When we get a decent manager who bothers to coach the team properly. Don’t get me wrong I was excited to have Jose at first, but I feel really let down by him. I’ve said it before, imho Poch and Mourinho had different problems with the squad. Many of the latter’s appear self inflicted.

The team had a look of one that lacked any confidence or any system of play other than to defend with backs against the wall. Our best moments came when Lucas Moura took it upon himself to run at city.
And then he was subbed!!!

but not trying to dig out Mason, not much he can do in a few days.

When we get a decent manager who bothers to coach the team properly. Don’t get me wrong I was excited to have Jose at first, but I feel really let down by him. I’ve said it before, imho Poch and Mourinho had different problems with the squad. Many of the latter’s appear self inflicted.
Jose problem with the squad was too many players were on the tail end of their careers with us for varying reasons
That’s the same issue Poch had
What I will add was that Toby was great today and hasn’t looked that good in some time. Maybe it held that city wants to run with it rather than get physical but none the less he was brilliant

Jose problem with the squad was too many players were on the tail end of their careers with us for varying reasons
That’s the same issue Poch had
What I will add was that Toby was great today and hasn’t looked that good in some time. Maybe it held that city wants to run with it rather than get physical but none the less he was brilliant
Thought that was Dier’s best game for months too and Hugo’s.

I think many of Jose’s problems were down to Jose himself and his coaching team. Anyway we will see when the next coach comes in I guess.

That was a gutter... was fully prepared for a tonking so at least we avoided that I suppose, felt like City were there for the taking had we been at our best but it's been so long I'm not sure if I can remember what our best looks like!
Felt like we had a good atmosphere in the Spurs end, how did it come across on the tele?

That was a gutter... was fully prepared for a tonking so at least we avoided that I suppose, felt like City were there for the taking had we been at our best but it's been so long I'm not sure if I can remember what our best looks like!
Felt like we had a good atmosphere in the Spurs end, how did it come across on the tele?

on the tele it looked good, crowds shots were good to see if a little sparse.

it was a very hard watch for this Spurs fan but not unexpected!

Back