• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not just one or two short of form though is it. Right through the team we were embarrassingly slow to the ball and alarmingly poor at retaining possession.

Yes City may have a £bn worth of talent but they've been drilled to play to the peak of their abilities. Their passing and movement put us to shame, but that level of slickness would have been honed to perfection on the training ground. No reason why we couldn't at least have competed with them had we too been drilled as comprehensively.

For me it was that, plus their belief and voracious appetite, that was the starkest contrast between the two sides.

It's not just one or two short of form though is it. Right through the team we were embarrassingly slow to the ball and alarmingly poor at retaining possession.

Yes City may have a £bn worth of talent but they've been drilled to play to the peak of their abilities. Their passing and movement put us to shame, but that level of slickness would have been honed to perfection on the training ground. No reason why we couldn't at least have competed with them had we too been drilled as comprehensively.

For me it was that, plus their belief and voracious appetite, that was the starkest contrast between the two sides.

confidence is key
It’s worth 10% in games like this
We looked or have kind broken it before the subs and that hurt us

So players to come out of this final with some credit? I'd say Moura, Alderweireld and Lloris. Kane was ok, given he had just returned from injury. More and more unsure about Hojbjerg. That nonsense reaction to an absurdly bad pass to Reguilon ...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If we’re looking for blame, it’s Aurier. Dumb challenge and free kick.
Aurier is dumb and commits stupid challenges all the time, I can't stand his lack of brain cells but Sissoko is much worse, he is fully retarded and should be fed into one of those mulching machines.

I'm flabbergasted that a Spurs fan would let that tw@t onto the pitch, to be honest I f*cking hate Sissoko as a footballer, I would rather put my left testicle on the pitch.

Last edited:
I’m shocked people are so tinkled off. It was on the cards . This mob have spent 18 months under Jose. The Rot had set in long before Jose you could argue.

Things on the pitch have been going down hill a long time. The Rebuild that was delayed now needs to happen. As fans we have to be patient. Hitchens and Levy need to get a DOF in as their recruitment can’t be trusted. Ndombele ? Lo Celso are they really top players ? Not for me.

oh well honestly thought we’d get spanked. Most one sided 1-0 I’ve seen in a while.

Also Son I’d sell him this summer. Keep Kane.

So what about the complete lack of effort, blame Jose all you want , but aside from 2/3 there was fudge all on that front.

I had a heart attack on Easter Sunday. Recovering well, but it might have been medically inadvisable to have stayed with that game if by some miracle we’d scored in the 70th minute or so.

Take care of yourself mate. The local City fans had a memorial before today's match for a fellow fan who died of a heart attack in the pub during their CL quarter final. Guy was 55 years old.

So players to come out of this final with some credit? I'd say Moura, Alderweireld and Lloris. More and more unsure about Hojbjerg. That nonsense reaction to an absurdly bad pass to Reguilon ...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Hojbjerg is fine at his job but bricks the bed in the box. Thought Dier did well, other than a mistake in the first half. We were outclassed but for a breath of fresh air I think Mason got a lot wrong today, especially within the game. Subs felt premeditated.

So what about the complete lack of effort, blame Jose all you want , but aside from 2/3 there was fudge all on that front.

First thing team always looked like they were not that fit under Jose. There is certain traits that will need coaching out. Like when we have the ball they’re so conservative at times . Scared to try things.

It’s going to take a while to shake out.

Yes.

Son is a good player but as streaky as they come. He has also been at the club too long, I am against players being at any club for to longer a period. Particularly a club that does not win things. Where is there motivation?

Add to that his age and how I have not seen a pacey player keep their form into their 30s means I would encourage him to be sold this summer.
Fingers crossed they’re tapping Son up, as if we can get a decent transfer fee for The Streaky One this summer then that might pay for a top notch RCB / RB.

I'd cut Mason a lot of slack for today. We were very badly set up from the off and that contributed to an awful first half. His subs were also poor. Moura should never have come off and Sissoko should never have come on.

But we did improve hugely second half and we were playing a much better side than us. And he's facing the best manager of the last 15 years backed by limitless amounts of money.

He's a young lad in at the deep end. Little to no blame for him today. Hope he picks up 5 wins from here in.

Aurier is dumb and commits stupid challenges all the time, I can't stand his lack of brain cells but Sissoko is much worse, he is fully retarded and should be fed into one of those mulching machines.

I'm flabbergasted that a Spurs fan would let that tw@t onto the pitch, to be honest I f*cking hat Sissoko as a footballer, I would rather put my left testicle on the pitch.

So just so I’m clear. Am I putting you in the ‘Sissoko in’ or Sissoko out’ camp?

We were so so poor today, players weren't up for it from the beginning. They can't keep talking about winning trophies then bottling it - 3 finals in the last few years now where we've not even turned up.

The sub choices were really poor, Moura was the only one who caused them any trouble yet Son who is in very poor form and did nothing all game stayed on.

Back