• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

IF EVERYONE FIT this is my side :
-------------Lloris-------------
Walker---Vlad---Vertonghen--Rose
------------Sandro------------
-------Lamela----Eriksen--------
Lennon-------------------Townsend
------------Soldado---------------
JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!

Ossie, can I just say that you are a hero of mine and one of my favourite ever Tottingham players. It's an honour to have you on the board.

Press them high up the pitch and try to force them into playing long balls. Stop them from getting good crosses in. Get 3 players in central midfield so that when we do get pushed back we can stop them from playing and avoid space in front of our defenders.

Have someone that can function as a target man in our team so that when they press up the pitch we don't lose it straight away. Adebayor is the obvious option. Have a 3 man midfield with some good passers, like Capoue and Eriksen to further help us dealing with that pressure.

Trust in Capoue to be a very good footballer and see him rise to the occasion when playing in his natural position instead of as a makeshift centre half against a rugby team.

I like this thinking. Gives us every opportunity of getting something out of the game.

-------------------------------------Least poncey foreign bloke

Least poncey foreign bloke--Least poncey foreign bloke--Least poncey foreign bloke--Least poncey foreign bloke

---------Lennon-------Least poncey foreign bloke-------Least poncey foreign bloke--------Townsend

------------------------------Ade-------------------------Defoe

Subs: Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen

Av it.

You really can be a very boring and predictable poster sometimes mate..

To beat Southampton we are going to need to employ some of the tactics that teams have used against us. Pochitino likes to play a system pretty close to what AVB liked. A 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with a high line and pressurizing the ball in our own half so they can regain possession quickly. Aston Villa pretty much showed the blue print on how to attack Southampton at their own ground. I hope that we will have more possession than they managed but its important we have pace in our side on the counter, some runners from midfield and also someone that can pick them out.

Their build up play is fairly slow paced as well so its important the midfield can man up to them in numbers and force mistakes. then we can play our fast attacking breaks that we are good at away from home. Defoe is not in good form but i think he would be better used here than Soldado. Its such a shame that Townsend has got injured he was perfect for this game.

I honestly feel we'll get totally owned in this game.

Pottechino vs Sherwood in the Apprentice Final to win the Tottenham job.

At least Dawson will be back to try and keep the score down.

3-0 Saints; Ricky Lambert (2) and Adam Lallana

I honestly feel we'll get totally owned in this game.

Pottechino vs Sherwood in the Apprentice Final to win the Tottenham job.

At least Dawson will be back to try and keep the score down.

3-0 Saints; Ricky Lambert (2) and Adam Lallana

this is normally where I would try and post something to cheer you up or give you bit of optimism but I cant......flat myself

playing counter effectively like the villa did is perhaps our best chance on sunday......I feel if we try and match them for style it will only end one way.

I don't think we'll see this team, but this is what I would pick:

-------------lloris
walker--dawson--vlad---rose
----------capoue
-----eriksen----holtby
---lamela----soldado---ade

Let's give the boy who cost £30m a good run in the side in his favoured position, eh? He might turn out to be quite good.

Get the ball players in the middle of the park. Let Ade play as wing-forward instead of Chadli (I think he'd be excellent playing there, he loves linking the play and drifting wide anyway). Capoue can play his favoured holding role. Dawson can head the ball, Vlad can drop off and sweep up.

But still try and play at the tempo Sherwood had them at for the first 20-30 minutes v West Ham. Have a good go, just with a bit more intelligence in the team.

A possible new temporary feature for omt's under our current set-up

I give you...........'Tims Teamtalk'

A door closes. Aaron removes his headphones and looks up expectantly at the interim coach, curious to hear his plan of war, Kyle walker breaks off from a private joke with Kyle Naughton...a hush fills the room the sound of studs tapping the floor stops, Les Ferdinand folds his arms and stares at Adebayor, wondering whether he will follow the carefully laid plans of the last week. Tim takes one last look around the changing room a look of defiance on his face and begins to speak:

'Lads its been a long week, Andre's gone.....he pauses unable to prevent himself glancing at Adebayor.......'forget Wednesday we had a go but it didnt work out.....but today is another challenge, back to the bread and butter....against a talented Southampton side who think this one's there for the taking.....dont be under any illusions here.....they will come out and try to kill you from the word go you have to be prepared for that....they can taste victory....they think were shot.....they think were cannon fodder........they think that we are weak.......

Tim stops for a moment to let the effect of these words sink in, takes a sip of water from the bottle clenched in his hand before continuing.

'I want you to put everything thats happened recently to the back of your minds - today is a clean slate, a fresh start a chance for something new....something different....something unexpected....the camera's are on us, we are in the spotlight........we are going to be judged.......your proffesionalism and your ability is in question.....regardless of me or anyone who may be your manager our fans are down.......they are watching us.

'I know talent when I see it and I also know that talent needs to be met with a positive attitude and a will to win, today is as good a day as any for us to all pull together and show the country what we can do when we are right at it, what we can do when we all fight for each other, what we can achieve together when we refuse to give in and never stop working for for the good of the team for the good of the result........they will come out with no fear today.....your all going to have to work your asses off to teach them that fear.....to earn your respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take a good look at yourselves and your teammates........look at the international player sitting next to you..........ask yourself if you will give your all for that teammate............ask yourselves whether you have done yourselves justice recently.........question your right to play at this stage at this level, question your proffesionalism if you want to........

you have 90 minutes to answer those questions....to show yourself.....90 minutes to show the world that no matter how bad things might be that you have earnt the right to play at this stage.....you have earnt the right to be judged.......90 minutes to fight and show our fans it doesnt matter whether Mary Poppins is manager of Tottenham because the players that represent that club have talent, positive attitude and have stomach for the fight...

You all know what you have to do....the instructions have been consistent since thursday...you all know your role and what is expected of you from me and your teammates........you have to do your job and prove yourself from the first till last seconds.....

Come on lads.....lets earn their fear and earn our fans respect........COME ON!!!!!!!!!

Dawson claps his hands and bellows Come on Boys!!!!! as noise fills the changing room and squad begin to move in unison towards the tunnel.

Press them high up the pitch and try to force them into playing long balls. Stop them from getting good crosses in. Get 3 players in central midfield so that when we do get pushed back we can stop them from playing and avoid space in front of our defenders.

Have someone that can function as a target man in our team so that when they press up the pitch we don't lose it straight away. Adebayor is the obvious option. Have a 3 man midfield with some good passers, like Capoue and Eriksen to further help us dealing with that pressure.

Trust in Capoue to be a very good footballer and see him rise to the occasion when playing in his natural position instead of as a makeshift centre half against a rugby team.

But if you did that the poor little lads would run out of steam.

Southampton 5-2, Paulinho hat-trick.

Thanks OP, Christmas is now cancelled in my house because of you.

Back