• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

Our season is already over

disagree....and any players thinking this need to be forced to train for 8 hours on christmas day!!!!!!!!

we have trophies to play for and a run of consecutive wins could do wonders for our league position.......I know things seem desperate at the minute but to claim our season is dead is ridiculous!!!!! lets see who has the stomach for the fight now that the chips are well and truly down......you find out the most about your players when the muck hits the fan.

I for one refuse to write this season off....we need to fight hard to get ourselves out of this mess!!!!

With Dawson back and Sandro and Paulinho out:

----------- Lloris
Walker Dawson Vlad Rose
Lennon Dembele Capoue Eriksen
-------- Soldado Ade

Like we played when Modric first broke into the team.

Cases can be made for Holtby instead of Eriksen and Lamela instead of Lennon, even Chadli in place of Ade in a front three.

disagree....and any players thinking this need to be forced to train for 8 hours on christmas day!!!!!!!!

we have trophies to play for and a run of consecutive wins could do wonders for our league position.......I know things seem desperate at the minute but to claim our season is dead is ridiculous!!!!! lets see who has the stomach for the fight now that the chips are well and truly down......you find out the most about your players when the muck hits the fan.

I for one refuse to write this season off....we need to fight hard to get ourselves out of this mess!!!!

Agreed. I don't understand the defeatist attitudes.

If I were a southampton fan I would want........

-double pressing on Dembele who's inability to release a pass can ensure your team wins the ball in spurs half to initiate quick deadly counter attacks.
-Tallest striker (rodriguez) up against vlad to win headers.....long diagnonal balls into this area and follow up knock downs.
-quick movement...Osvaldo & Llana in and around Dawson whi is playing poorly/lacking confidence
-get in amongst Lloris on crosses unsettle him.....again crisis of confidence

those are four issues where I think southampton will make plans for......... so how do we counter that???????????

low confidence from our gk
poor peformances from cb's half fit......
Rose not fit for 90 mins
Midfield out of form Capoue not confident after some poor peformances at cb
eriksen - not match fit
lennon - not a goal threat not creating
strikers - not all match fit (ade) or not scoring in the league Solly & Defoe......

these are the issues we face imo.....good luck tim........I think if we get something out of this game we will have done well.....

watching on sunday in trepidation and low expectations but alot of hope that we can pull something out of the hat.

If I were a southampton fan I would want........

-double pressing on Dembele who's inability to release a pass can ensure your team wins the ball in spurs half to initiate quick deadly counter attacks.
-Tallest striker (rodriguez) up against vlad to win headers.....long diagnonal balls into this area and follow up knock downs.
-quick movement...Osvaldo & Llana in and around Dawson whi is playing poorly/lacking confidence
-get in amongst Lloris on crosses unsettle him.....again crisis of confidence

those are four issues where I think southampton will make plans for......... so how do we counter that???????????

low confidence from our gk
poor peformances from cb's half fit......
Rose not fit for 90 mins
Midfield out of form Capoue not confident after some poor peformances at cb
eriksen - not match fit
lennon - not a goal threat not creating
strikers - not all match fit (ade) or not scoring in the league Solly & Defoe......

these are the issues we face imo.....good luck tim........I think if we get something out of this game we will have done well.....

watching on sunday in trepidation and low expectations but alot of hope that we can pull something out of the hat.

Press them high up the pitch and try to force them into playing long balls. Stop them from getting good crosses in. Get 3 players in central midfield so that when we do get pushed back we can stop them from playing and avoid space in front of our defenders.

Have someone that can function as a target man in our team so that when they press up the pitch we don't lose it straight away. Adebayor is the obvious option. Have a 3 man midfield with some good passers, like Capoue and Eriksen to further help us dealing with that pressure.

Trust in Capoue to be a very good footballer and see him rise to the occasion when playing in his natural position instead of as a makeshift centre half against a rugby team.

Press them high up the pitch and try to force them into playing long balls. Stop them from getting good crosses in. Get 3 players in central midfield so that when we do get pushed back we can stop them from playing and avoid space in front of our defenders.

Have someone that can function as a target man in our team so that when they press up the pitch we don't lose it straight away. Adebayor is the obvious option. Have a 3 man midfield with some good passers, like Capoue and Eriksen to further help us dealing with that pressure.

Trust in Capoue to be a very good footballer and see him rise to the occasion when playing in his natural position instead of as a makeshift centre half against a rugby team.

Is he really though? I don't see him outplaying anyone with half decent ability, hopefully you're right and he proves me wrong.

Is he really though? I don't see him outplaying anyone with half decent ability, hopefully you're right and he proves me wrong.

I think he's a better, more effective, passer from deep than Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho. He's no Carrick, but he's no Freund either. He's willing to make runs to receive the ball and he looks for forward purposeful passes, not just simple passes and he tries to play quicker passes than Dembele for example.

With him, Eriksen and Dembele in a midfield trio I think we would total more passing ability in the centre of the park than in the vast majority of our games this season. Won't turn us into a team that outplays a very good side overnight, but it will give us more.

I think he's a better, more effective, passer from deep than Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho. He's no Carrick, but he's no Freund either. He's willing to make runs to receive the ball and he looks for forward purposeful passes, not just simple passes and he tries to play quicker passes than Dembele for example.

With him, Eriksen and Dembele in a midfield trio I think we would total more passing ability in the centre of the park than in the vast majority of our games this season. Won't turn us into a team that outplays a very good side overnight, but it will give us more.

I agree

-------------------------------------Least poncey foreign bloke

Least poncey foreign bloke--Least poncey foreign bloke--Least poncey foreign bloke--Least poncey foreign bloke

---------Lennon-------Least poncey foreign bloke-------Least poncey foreign bloke--------Townsend

------------------------------Ade-------------------------Defoe

Subs: Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen

Av it.

just a question brain not me having a pop....just interested in your opinion.....

do you think we have the confidence or organisation to pull off a pressing game?????? so many times Holtby goes for it but the others to f all.

I completely get your thoughts im just wonderering whether our best chances to get something from this game would be to invite Southampton onto us (defend deep) and try to hit lennon and the left winger early or Eriksen cam to initiate a counter.......

basically I think our best chance could be playing counter attack........what do you think???

IF EVERYONE FIT this is my side :
-------------Lloris-------------
Walker---Vlad---Vertonghen--Rose
------------Sandro------------
-------Lamela----Eriksen--------
Lennon-------------------Townsend
------------Soldado---------------
JUST DO IT !!!!!!!!

Not getting the usual 'cant wait for the game this weekend' buzz right now. I think its the fact I feel we are in limbo-land manager-wise.
Hopefully feel more 'up for it' come Sunday morning.

Not a clue what X1 Max Farnham will be picking for this one

Defoe - Adebayor
Chadli - Holtby - Dembele - Lennon
Rose - Chiriches - Dawson - Walker
Lloris​

Back