• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

Agreed. I don't think this is a good game to play 4-4-2.

On the other hand Ade on the pitch would be good, I expect Southampton to put a lot of pressure on us and force us into playing it long. As we've seen this season and yesterday our midfield isn't capable of playing through pressure like that at this point. Having someone to aim long balls towards could be very helpful. Playing him on the left seems like a decent idea.

Assuming that the injured players remain injured:

-----------------Lloris--------------
Walker---Dawson---Chiriches---Rose
---------------Capoue--------------
-----------Eriksen--Dembele--------
Lennon-------------------------Ade
--------------Soldado--------------

Arguably Holtby for Eriksen makes sense. I won't mind Chadli for Ade either.

I like this team. Is Lamela injured?

I like this team. Is Lamela injured?

There have been some reports of it against West Ham, but nothing confirmed I think.

I like him a lot, but chucking him in here is almost like starting him against City away although obviously at a slightly lower level.

Think he should be on the bench and one of the first subs to come on if we need a goal. I don't think he's ready to start as part of a midfield trio in a 4-3-3 and I don't think he's been great on the left. The right is the obvious spot for it, but Lennon has been good and this could be his type of game and he will do well defensively in what will be a tough game.

Lamela would be one of the first names on the team sheet in the following games against West Brom and Stoke as those games would be much better for him I think and we need to start fitting him in asap.

Im going to go for this team hoping that players are fit:

-----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------
-----------------Dawson--------------------Chriches-------------------
Walker---------------------------------------------------------------Rose
----I-------------------<-------Sandro--------->----------------------I---
----I-----------Dembele---------------Holtby-----------------------I----
----v----------------------------------------------------------------------v---
-------------Adebayor-------------------Eriksen------------------------
-----------------------------Soldado----------------------------------------

----------------------Lloris------------------

Walker------Dawson-------Chiriches-------Rose

-------------Capoue------Dembele-------------

Lennon------------Lamela------------Sigurdsson

------------------Ade--------------------------

----------------------Lloris------------------

Walker------Dawson-------Chiriches-------Rose

-------------Capoue------Dembele-------------

Lennon------------Lamela------------Sigurdsson

------------------Ade--------------------------

Problems with this team is that Dembele is not a goal threat, nor is Lennon. Lamela is lacking confidence and Siggy is slow to get in off the flanks.

I think it's important to remember that we always did well away from home under AVB, except perhaps against the very best teams. It was the way we played at home that was the problem. Therefore I don't think we should too many changes from the way we played in away games under AVB. The best part of his regime was that we managed to consistently pick up points on our travels.

Problems with this team is that Dembele is not a goal threat, nor is Lennon. Lamela is lacking confidence and Siggy is slow to get in off the flanks.

I think Ade + Lamela can be our best option (at least for away games) for the rest of the season. Townsend is injured, so it is Siggy or Chadli.

my team would be...

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose

Sandro/Capoue Dembele

Lennon Holtby/Eriksen/Gylfi (I have no idea who the best option is) Chadli

Adebayor

I think it's important to remember that we always did well away from home under AVB, except perhaps against the very best teams. It was the way we played at home that was the problem. Therefore I don't think we should too many changes from the way we played in away games under AVB. The best part of his regime was that we managed to consistently pick up points on our travels.

Agreed.

And we need to realize that in isolation a point away to Southampton would be a good result. A win would be fantastic of course, but a point and stopping our losing run would be good and we should try to be solid.

Not a good time to play 4-4-****ing-2? I dunno mate, Chelsea used it in the second half against Southampton and tore them a new one a few weeks back. Prior to that it was very even.

Southampton are so good at pressing and suffocating the opposition that unless you have supremely talented technical players (we don't) it's probably best if we just bypass our midfield and go direct. They deserved something at our gaff last season. That Pochettino chap looks to be a good young manager.

Really though I see us getting the square root of **** all from this. They will be well up for it, they haven't won in a while but deserved to beat both Villa and City in their last two home games. Third time lucky for them at St Marys.

I'd go with: Lloris; Walker, Dawson (c), Chiriches, Rose; Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela; Soldado, Adebayor

Tim'll probably go with: Lloris; Walker, Dawson (c), Capoue, Rose; Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Chadli; Defoe, Adebayor

Southampton 3-1 Tottenham

:(

Southampton's team for Spurs on Sunday picks itself.

Any player who hasn't scored in a year or more is in.

Back