• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Best game skipp has had this season
And also him and Sarr knew each others game
It’s the same with Bentacur and Pierre in that they play off each other
Nice option to have

If you are happy with the squad and the way we are playing then you do you but don’t get your knickers in a twist because i feel some of our players are not good enough.
I'm certainly not happy with the squad our this season, but you seldom have anything other than criticisms of players. Skipp is a young guy, coming back from a couple of bad injuries and has played VERY few minutes this season. He is in no way responsible for the problems of this unbalanced squad. And he played really well tonight. But don't let me stop you getting your knickers in a twist.

Honest question, which player do you think ARE good enough?

I'm certainly not happy with the squad our this season, but you seldom have anything other than criticisms of players. Skipp is a young guy, coming back from a couple of bad injuries and has played VERY few minutes this season. He is in no way responsible for the problems of this unbalanced squad. And he played really well tonight. But don't let me stop you getting your knickers in a twist.

Honest question, which player do you think ARE good enough?
What are you talking about? I rate Skipp very highly and thought he was one of our best players tonight. My original comment was about Hojberg.

Really good performance from him. Looked back to his best, or very close to it. Difficult circumstances, but looked untroubled by that.

Very good to have quality young players like him and Sarr in the squad. Will be interesting to see if one or both of them can step up even further now with the injury problems.

Proud to see an academy player perform at this stage. Sarr gets all the plaudits, and rightly so, but I thought Skipp was even better than Sarr last night. Interestingly, we would have talked about Skipp's performance entirely differently if the second major Milan chance would have gone in. He lost his footing there, and did not challenge the header. Could have been filed under '(yet another) individual mistake' if it would have gone in. Fine line between a strong performance and another rooster up.

Hope he gets some serious playing time in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Proud to see an academy player perform at this stage. Sarr gets all the plaudits, and rightly so, but I thought Skipp was even better than Sarr last night. Interestingly, we would have talked about Skipp's performance entirely differently if the second major Milan chance would have gone in. He lost his footing there, and did not challenge the header. Could have been filed under '(yet another) individual mistake' if it would have gone in. Fine line between a strong performance and another rooster up.

Why skipp is defending headers is more the issue than him missing the header. Four defending in the box, two cbs, a cm and harry kane.

Not much between them at all but I agree, I thought Skipp had a very, very good game last night and would be my MOTM. Great to see him take his opportunity and great to see him looking and playing with such confidence.
But who will Conte favour with Hojberg back in the reckoning?

Not much between them at all but I agree, I thought Skipp had a very, very good game last night and would be my MOTM. Great to see him take his opportunity and great to see him looking and playing with such confidence.
But who will Conte favour with Hojberg back in the reckoning?

For the next couple of months it's those three, and quite a bit of that at least with two games a week.

I think Hojbjerg will play most of it, but plenty of game time to go around and a chance to not run Sarr or Skipp into the ground. Perhaps even the occasional chance to rotate Hojbjerg, or at least give him 30 minutes rest in some games.

I also think he will do that. And I think it's a good decision.
I know this will never happen, but seeing as our left side is so week, paucity of CB options, and our midfield is relatively strong, I'd like to see:
Forster
Emerson... Romero... Dier... Davies
Skipp... PEH... Sarr
Kulusevski... Kane... Richarlison
I know PEH isn't exactly creative, but CAM is his best position and he can pick a pass/score.

Last edited:
I know this will never happen, but seeing as our left side is so week, and our midfield is relatively strong, I'd like to see:
Forster
Skipp... PEH... Sarr
I know PEH isn't exactly creative, but CAM is his best position and he can pick a pass/score.

I agree Conte won't play that.

At this point, with three fit first team squad central midfielders for the next couple of months I really wouldn't want us to play a midfield three. One injury or suspension would mean we'd have to change the system again. No midfielders on the bench and no options for rotation.

I agree Conte won't play that.

At this point, with three fit first team squad central midfielders for the next couple of months I really wouldn't want us to play a midfield three. One injury or suspension would mean we'd have to change the system again. No midfielders on the bench and no options for rotation.
That literally makes no sense. You are worrying about something that might happen, rather than what is actually happening; Sessegnon injured, Perisic old, Son broken, and teams targeting our left hand side. Carry on regardless!

Dier can do CM still. And worse come to the worse so could Romero.

I know that highlights the paucity of CB options because that is where we really are weak.

I know this will never happen, but seeing as our left side is so week, paucity of CB options, and our midfield is relatively strong, I'd like to see:
Forster
Skipp... PEH... Sarr

On recent form Kulu needs some bench time along side Son

That literally makes no sense. You are worrying about something that might happen, rather than what is actually happening; Sessegnon injured, Perisic old, Son broken, and teams targeting our left hand side. Carry on regardless!
I'm with @braineclipse here: we've gone from looking a bit bloated in midfield to bare bones. PEH can play AM and I think whenever Bissouma is back, we could see it (assuming Stellini is more willing to experiment with 4 at the back) but it is slightly risky and despite PEH's stellar injury record, I feel like we'd be tempting fate a bit.
I feel like I'd rather see Kane play in that position and have Richarlison up top, or even Son who does a decent job when filling in for striker.

Back