• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

You do realise that is the whole point of them training day in day out so that they are ready to play when needed, it's not as if Skipp is going to be completely oblivious to the team tactics and the other players.
5 minutes at the end of a 6-2 thrashing of Leicester is of no benefit to him.

We aren’t ‘training day in day out’ right now, we’re recovering in time for the next game 72 hours later.

This is what I asked for after the Man U match and I can't say he disappointed although understandably, he has to catch up in terms of fitness after a long period injured. Hopefully he keeps progressing and developing, maybe he can be the player we need in terms of box-to-box CMs who can be asked to be versatile.

Got a start but didn't look like the skipp from last season. Too many sideways passes. But covered ground well. Probably just lacking match fitness and confidence.

Got a start but didn't look like the skipp from last season. Too many sideways passes. But covered ground well. Probably just lacking match fitness and confidence.
He was pretty much playing as a RW on offense, surely that was what he was told to do by Conte. Thought he actually did OK in that role but obviously it's not his strength. Hope to see him starting more matches to give the other CMs a rest, so glad to have him back in the squad.

Yea seemed to get about the pitch well and was a real nuisance. Hopefully getting match fit again now so can be a useful rotation with Hojberg.

Thought he did alright yesterday. Not amazing due to a few poor passes and touches, losing the ball in dangerous areas that led to chances for CP. However, did some good things too. He also got beaten a bit too easily by Zaha. I don't want to use PEH as a spacegoat here for Skipp's own mistakes, but what I will say is that I think the team had resolved to play more forward passes instead of taking the easy way out (which we still did plenty of, but at least it seemed that it was mostly done as a last-resort and not our primary mode of operation). Skipp was dropping deep at times to receive the ball, and IMO Hobjerg should've been supporting him more by making himself available for passes.
Hopefully he gets more playing time, but he does need to shake the rust off or he'll find his chances limited.

Maybe some bias at work but when we play against other clubs, their players coming back from a long layoff always seem to do well or even score against us.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Maybe some bias at work but when we play against other clubs, their players coming back from a long layoff always seem to do well or even score against us.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Do they?
I think it’s a spurs fans mindset thing rather than reality
And they don’t if their a DM for sure

He was clearly rusty, but I thought he did “ok”. Would be very happy to see him and Sarr start v Pompey. He needs game time.

Still was rusty vs. Pompey

At this moment Sarr is probably ahead, with Bentancur likely back in a week or two pushes him down further. Lots of games still though.

Back