• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

We couldn't buy a clean sheet, Skipp comes in, two clean sheets. See what happens if he doesn't start again. Don't let a few misplaced passes fool you.

Didn't think he was that instrumental defensively compared to what we've seen from Bentancur, PEH and Bissouma this season.

Palace first half we easily could have gone behind, just as easily as the many games we have gone behind in the last run of conceding first. Portsmouth was Portsmouth.

I do like him, I do rate him, but is there really a big difference defensively between him and the other options you think?

Didn't think he was that instrumental defensively compared to what we've seen from Bentancur, PEH and Bissouma this season.

Palace first half we easily could have gone behind, just as easily as the many games we have gone behind in the last run of conceding first. Portsmouth was Portsmouth.

I do like him, I do rate him, but is there really a big difference defensively between him and the other options you think?

Indeed, if Palace had their shooting boots on we could easily have gone in at the break a goal or two down and no-one could have had any complaints (or noticed how much 'cover' Skipp was giving the defence..)

We would not have lost that with Skipp starting. I really hope we don't throw away an amazing homegrown talent.
I'd be fine with Skipp/Sarr while Bentancur is out. Even Bissouma/Sarr or Bissouma/Skipp.
This team is crying out for 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. We could even alternate between the two during matches, we have the versatility in our squad to accommodate that.
Conte has said that he plays 3 CBs because he hates being scored on. We've been getting scored on so early in matches, but I can't go so far as to say it looks like we're throwing. Our fruitful concessions are the fodder of mid-table shenanigans and that's with 3 CBs. Teams just wait to counter our counter attacks; it's so simple and it's painful to watch. Due to the increased number of our defenders, they seem to pass the responsibility onto each other more instead of stepping up. Romero is the general exception to this, but his timing has been pretty poor this season relative to last. He had a great WC though overall and plays some very direct passes on the ground that pass 1 or 2 lines of players.

Our defenders/midfielders (including the wingers) simply are shirking too much of their duties. IMO, sell our least-effective CB, bring in a young CB for the future, play with 4 defenders... Kulu or Kane can play the CAM role, or have Bissouma/Skipp/Sarr play as a DM with Bentancur pairing with someone else ahead in CM. We're wasting a spot on a CB who isn't doing brick. Not even singling anyone out, my theory is that it's a general lethargy that seems to be enabled due to diffusion of responsibility. The marking is almost non-existent, but I want to repeat that Skipp really needs to up his game, which he can only do by actually playing.

So, it will be Sarr and Skipp running the midfield against Milan, that is gonna be fun, especially with Forster in goal :eek:

If only the rest of the team played as well as Sarr and Skipp.

Really hope Skipp gets more game time from now on. Would be great to see another player from the academy start to cement his spot in the team.
Did really well I thought, was our best player alongside Royal

If only the rest of the team played as well as Sarr and Skipp.

Really hope Skipp gets more game time from now on. Would be great to see another player from the academy start to cement his spot in the team.
I’m surprised he has not been given the chance next to Bentancur seeing how well he performed last season.

Back