• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OFT - Tottenham Vs Barcelona

We all knew some of these players sent up to it, nothing new.

But it was good to see a decent performance with us missing so many players

We tired massively. If we’d taken the lot we left behind we would’ve closed the game out.

Reasons be cheerful from that I think. Biss will be massive for us this year.

Onwards!

Ha I turned that on with ten minutes to go, so blame me I guess :)

We were excellent. Outplayed Barcelona with our reserves for large parts of the game. Unlucky to lose. Should've had a few more. Excellent performances all around. We still look a bit bare in defense from time to time, but mostly we really look in command of the game. And we must remember here that this was Barcelona away in a game they obviously really wanted to win. We bossed them around with our reserves!

Disappointing last 10 minutes, we clearly tired.

Sanchez was a plus tonight, I would be tempted to give him until the Jan window if he carries on like that when he gets a chance

Dier sadly is not good enough for the high line, as much as he can play a few positions, he is not quick enough.

Sell Rodon, dont bother with Lenglet, and just give Reguillon away, he was shocking tonight, he just stopped for the last goal, thats unforgivable

Even tho a friendly I can’t stand sh!t like that.

2-1 up with 10 mins to go and lose 4-2 to 4 shots on target. Only us.

Their subs improved them and ours made us worse. The no. 27 won them that game on his own. Reggie mugged off twice for their 2nd and 3rd.

Not gonna let the last 5 cloud what was overall an excellent performance. So many positives we just look vulnerable to the quick counter.

Sanchez was a plus tonight, I would be tempted to give him until the Jan window if he carries on like that when he gets a chance

Dier sadly is not good enough for the high line, as much as he can play a few positions, he is not quick enough.

Sell Rodon, dont bother with Lenglet, and just give Reguillon away, he was shocking tonight, he just stopped for the last goal, thats unforgivable

I didn't see it, but the os Twitter said he pulled up injured

Reg cheated on the first goal too. Didn’t fancy tracking so just stood and pointed at someone else.

Really good performance that all things considered. Very promising if we can do that to Barca’s first team in Barca with our reserves and transfer list/loan players.

Reggie clearly pulled up injured for the 4th goal, it used to be you’d kick the ball out in friendlies when your opposition pulls up like that, not knock the ball past him and continue!

2-1 up against Barcelona away playing great football. Bring on a 19 and 20 year old in midfield to get some minutes and lose 4-2 giving knee jerkers something to moan about

Really good performance that all things considered. Very promising if we can do that to Barca’s first team in Barca with our reserves and transfer list/loan players.

Yeh loads to be happy and what I wanted to see is if the whole philosophy translates to everyone when generally in the past the 2nd string rock up and the wheels fall off. Considering a fair few will off I'm confident that those left can come into the side and do more than a job.

Anyone moaning after that needs to give their head a good wobble. We were the better team with our reserves from the 10th min till the 80th min when we started tiring and bringing on kids.
We played some excellent stuff. The midfield was really good and knocked the ball around well. Ange has done a super job changing the style of footy so much in a short time.
At least we will be entertained for the first time in 5 years.

Back