• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OFT - Tottenham Vs Barcelona

It was a decent performance but the equaliser changed the game.
Because it was miles ofside

It really was. But let's not fool ourselves. Us losing this game doesn't mean brick. Maybe it does mean other teams think we're soft. But we're not. This team will be fudging awesome. I can smell it.

Sanchez, Bissouma and Skipp were excellent.

seriously if that’s the last game Sanchez plays for us then well done mate, nice way to sign off. We should be sending that match video off to anyone that’s shown a passing interest in him, he’d be signed tomorrow.

Really??? Jesus wept!

Simply not true. Individual mistakes cost us. The system looks solid, even though we'll definitely ship a few goals this season. I have to say though, we did really command the game vs Barcelona away. We didn't really look threatened until Reguilon had a little brain fart. He had a good game offensively I thought.

Bissouma was a positive today, but the rest of them shouldn`t get anywhere near the starting 11. The trouble is all the players we need to offload we will be hard pressed to give them away.
Really??? Jesus wept!
Perhaps I have supported Spurs for too long but I cannot see this current squad getting in the top 6. I actually think the close season has been a bit of a disaster. The tour of australia and asia was my favourite buttplug and the last 2 friendlies have not shown me anything to get excited about.

Simply not true. Individual mistakes cost us. The system looks solid, even though we'll definitely ship a few goals this season. I have to say though, we did really command the game vs Barcelona away. We didn't really look threatened until Reguilon had a little brain fart. He had a good game offensively I thought.
Eh?? I was responding to the "we'll be lucky to finish top half" comment quoted.
I thought we were excellent. bricky ending but definitely taking massive steps in the right direction. Ange has only been here 5 minutes I'm pretty amazed at how quickly he's got us playing like this, we bossed Barca for large parts.

Bissouma was a positive today, but the rest of them shouldn`t get anywhere near the starting 11. The trouble is all the players we need to offload we will be hard pressed to give them away.

Perhaps I have supported Spurs for too long but I cannot see this current squad getting in the top 6. I actually think the close season has been a bit of a disaster. The tour of australia and asia was my favourite buttplug and the last 2 friendlies have not shown me anything to get excited about.
Jesus christ, i think you need another team / sport to support.

Lol

Agree the pre season has been a bit of a shambles which for me is even more reason to be positive. A bit of time and Ange will have us purring.

Wow.... Nothing to get excited about? Really?
Nothing positive... You really are a miserable sod.

Sorry everyone I just cant get excited watching us get spanked. I know its the second string and most of those who played today will be nowhere near the starting 11. And I know its a work in progress. Like I said earlier it will be a much better to watch than the borefest we have had to endure for the last couple of seasons. But if Harry goes I will be amazed if this squad gets in the top 6. Please come back and quote this if by some miracle we do.
I really hope Ange does with us what he did with Celtic, and wouldn`t it be nice if we stuck with a manager and backed him even when results do not go our way. I really hope this is the start of a 4 or 5 year plan to really get something good going again

Sorry everyone I just cant get excited watching us get spanked. I know its the second string and most of those who played today will be nowhere near the starting 11. And I know its a work in progress. Like I said earlier it will be a much better to watch than the borefest we have had to endure for the last couple of seasons. But if Harry goes I will be amazed if this squad gets in the top 6. Please come back and quote this if by some miracle we do.
I really hope Ange does with us what he did with Celtic, and wouldn`t it be nice if we stuck with a manager and backed him even when results do not go our way. I really hope this is the start of a 4 or 5 year plan to really get something good going again

We didn't get spanked

Ha ha same woeful defence. If Harry goes we will not even make the top half of the table. At least it wont be so gruesome to watch though

With some higher quality subs we’d have seen the game out.

Lo Celso is fine? Had a good pre-season, all things considered. Why do you want him gone mate?

He’s okay. But a high earner who’s a bit average. Same with Regulion.

Last edited:
We didn`t get spanked? What is losing 4-2 then? Bearing in mind a certain shower of brick put 5 past Barca a week or so ago. Anyway its only a meaningless friendly and most of the players tonight will not even get named in our Premiership squad. Probably only half a dozen of them anyway. Probably the most aggravating thing for me is the players we buy with so much potential but never seem to manage any type of consistency. Davinson looked great tonight and usually does for about 6 games each season then it is heart in the mouth stuff after that. Lo Celso is another who looks unstoppable for a few games then disappears into averageness. I think Bissouma must have been carrying an injury or something last season but for me he was our stand out player tonight.

We didn`t get spanked? What is losing 4-2 then? Bearing in mind a certain shower of brick put 5 past Barca a week or so ago. Anyway its only a meaningless friendly and most of the players tonight will not even get named in our Premiership squad. Probably only half a dozen of them anyway. Probably the most aggravating thing for me is the players we buy with so much potential but never seem to manage any type of consistency. Davinson looked great tonight and usually does for about 6 games each season then it is heart in the mouth stuff after that. Lo Celso is another who looks unstoppable for a few games then disappears into averageness. I think Bissouma must have been carrying an injury or something last season but for me he was our stand out player tonight.
Don’t you think it was mismanagement by stubborn managers that affected so many players
We had one coach whose sole focus was nick and lead and counter
Another whose methods were we must suffer by running more all pre season only to play with 9 defenders
We have an under qualified and inexperienced manager now (according to some of our more foolish fans) who is showing very quickly that the right coaching can change a players fortunes in the club.

This is what annoys me about football fans today, your team lose and it's all rubbish, nothing to look forward to until they win, I didn't expect a win and I certainly didn't expect us to play so well. Nexus must have a very short memory if he can't see any improvement on the type of football we played in cup games with our rotation teams, these players looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing, sure there were I individual errors but overall it was a massive positive from the last 3 years, before anyone says it was only a friendly it's not to Barcelona they have won this trophy 25 times in the 28 years it's been played for.

Back