• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official 'Why is there no Lyon OMT?' OMT ***

Take out group stages and only include knockout ties. What are the numbers, we have lost two after winning the first leg from how many ties?

Take out group stages and only include knockout ties. What are the numbers, we have lost two after winning the first leg from how many ties?

The only two we've been eliminated in knock-out phases after winning the first leg were against Manchester United & Kaiserslautern.

We've progressed in the other 35 ties in which we've won the first leg.

WTF is with the kick-off time?

If its to get two matches on tv, why not show Liverpool early? People in London work.

LAZIO 0-0
FULHAM 3-0
EVERTON 1-2
ASTON VILLA 4-0
SUNDERLAND 2-1
QPR 0-0
LEEDS 1-2
NORWICH 1-1
WBA 1-0

Since the Arsenal game these are our away results.

Thinking back to the home game I thought the ref was pretty generous to us and I called the Verts challenge a penalty at the time. I think a draw would have been acceptable but we nicked a win. I did not think much of their attack but their defence was impressive.
French football fans are not noted for roaring their "heroes" home so this will be another "interesting" game.

Last edited:
I really hope we go through.Yes, it's more fixtures. But as spurspinter pointed out above, if we are ever to become regular competitors for the full range of trophies available to us, we have to learn to cope with those extra fixtures as a squad.

Inter are also really, really shaky at the moment, and I think, if we get past Lyon, we can look forward to that tie without too much trepidation.

Additionally, we need to keep our co-efficient up, and that means European progress.

So I'd put out a relatively strong side for this one.

---------------------Friedel-------------------------

Naughton--------Gallas-------------Caulker-----------BAE

-----------------Parker---------Holtby--------------

Lennon------------------Sig---------------------Bale

-------------------------Ade---------------------

Subs; Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Dembele, Livermore, Dempsey, Obika

With Dempsey and Dembele on for Ade and Bale respectively as the game wears on, with Holtby moving up to the wing and Dembele slotting in alongside Parker. Possibly Livermore on for Parker as well, should all go according to plan.

1-1, Ade to finally snooze one in and Lacazette to equalize for them.

I really hope we go through.Yes, it's more fixtures. But as spurspinter pointed out above, if we are ever to become regular competitors for the full range of trophies available to us, we have to learn to cope with those extra fixtures as a squad.

Inter are also really, really shaky at the moment, and I think, if we get past Lyon, we can look forward to that tie without too much trepidation.

fudging hell, not getting ahead of myself cos Lyon are a bloody good team but Inter's recent form has been abysmal. Got smashed 4-1 last weekend.

Bit worried about this one. Lyon showed they were no mugs, especially in the second half when they came at us more, and I expect playing at home and a goal behind they'll come out tomorrow all guns blazing.

The players need to be right up for this. If we can weather the first 20 mins without conceding we have a great chance of progressing. I think AVB has to play his strongest available team so expect the same team as last week.

And we desperately need Ade to have a good game cos we will be under the cosh defending most of the time.

I see us hitting them on the counter though, both their fullbacks will be pushing forward so should be room for Bale-naldo and Lennie to exploitn if only we had a deep lying playmaker!

COYS

Back