• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

I think they are good, watch the youtube clips. A lot of the magazine reviews gave high grades too. Then again I am bias, I am a batman fan.

That doesn't necessarily make you biased towards the game. I'm sure if they were poor, you would be more critical of them, as they 'ruined' Batman etc

That doesn't necessarily make you biased towards the game. I'm sure if they were poor, you would be more critical of them, as they 'ruined' Batman etc

I forgot to mention the reason they are doing a special is obviously because the next episode of the Batman series is out on the 25th. Perfect time to play the previous games.

[video=youtube_share;9pnK8akbd2M]http://youtu.be/9pnK8akbd2M[/video]

I did the same, ensuring I didnt rush the story but done the side missions. It still seemed very short.
All I have left is a few fairly bland missions.

I remember completing Fable 3 over a weekend, now that was short lived but I enjoyed that game too. In the end I wished that I'd not rushed as it took don't of the fun away. I really enjoyed the fantasy elements of the game and think that the voice overs definitely helped the game:

what do you consider short? how long have you spent playing it?

I picked it up on day of release and certainly haven't played it every day as I have a young baby (and a wife and only one TV!). I'd say all up maybe about 25 hours(ish)?

Compare that to something like Skyrim which clocked up over 80 hours for me.

Did you just blast through the main story line? It took me about 47 hours to finish (just under 72% overall completion) but that's because I spent most the time ****ing about. It wasn't until online came out that I focused solely on the main story line to get it out of the way.

Online with crew members is great, spent the other night putting 4 cars on top of the Maze Bank and having a mini Destruction Derby.

Like I said, I certainly didn't just smash the story. I ensured I done the side missions along the way.
Ive actually read on a gaming forum that the end of the main story was rushed through to ensure release was before CoD Ghosts. Not sure how true that is.

^^^^

I very much doubt GTA sales would be affested by CoD

I disagree. You're more likely to sell more of a product if there are no direct competitive products available at the same time. It wouldn't have made sense to launch the game at the same time as the 'other big game of the year'.

i think that in most cases, the sort of person who would want both of those games would buy both of them anyway

And if they've only got the cash (or time) for one of them? There's been times in the past when two or more games I've wanted have been released at the same time and I've only been able to afford one.

And if they've only got the cash (or time) for one of them? There's been times in the past when two or more games I've wanted have been released at the same time and I've only been able to afford one.

i did say in most cases not all cases

gamers generally are in their 20's and in the higher disposable income bracket

BF4 out soon, had great fun playing the Beta on PC but it didnt feel much better than BF3 IMO, not really worth the price tag. Word of warning to anyone pre ordering, the digital deluxe option only has a soundtrack file as an extra and is £10 more expensive.

BF4 out soon, had great fun playing the Beta on PC but it didnt feel much better than BF3 IMO, not really worth the price tag. Word of warning to anyone pre ordering, the digital deluxe option only has a soundtrack file as an extra and is £10 more expensive.

i played the beta on the 360 and it was jut terrible. i didnt moan too much about it though as i played bf4 at eurogamer on the xbox one and it was simply fantastic, those 60 frames makes a hell of a difference. cant wait to get it.

GTA V was by far the easiest of the GTA games I've ever played, yes, but also by far the least frustrating of the lot (which means a lot). For the first time ever with the GTA games, I haven't annoyed myself to death through the missions (like those endlessly boring chase down culprit X on ****ty car/motorcycle, if you crash once, you have to do the whole thing again), they just come across as really well-designed and fun to do. Quite easy, but great fun. I've completed the story now, but still have quite a few side missions left, at about 81%, and a lot of things I want to try to do (parachute into the Altruist sect compound on top of that list - and I still haven't flown a fighter jet!). Fun, fun game! :)

Back