• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

they're hardly 'next gen' are they? a shame.

The game had to play on both ps3 and ps4 so you have to go with the specs of the lesser console. Hardly surprising that when you backdate the game it's not going to make use of the power of the better console.

I've been playing PES since ISS Pro in 1998. Always appreciated the familiarity with the controls, there are certain moves and animations that have even been going since then! FIFA on the other hand just didn't fit right and I've had a dabble with it many times over the years.

I've spent a bit of time with PES 2014 and it's definitely grown on me, had some "real" football matches. You do need to change style of play this year, much more about small close passes and beating a player with a burst of pace (but you then need to give the ball up). I don't think the freedom is there to play any style you like which is a shame.... if I am Spurs then short passing is fine and realistic but if I want to be Stoke and play long ball to Crouch (dream the dream) it won't suit that style.

A whole host of frustrations that I hope they put right but I think this is still a very good game.

I've not played it online yet but I'm really impressed with the gameplay changes - it's a lot less frustrating as it actually feels like you're in control of the ball and that you're not so reliant on the shape/tactics of your team to break down the opposition. I always play a short passing game anyway so maybe that's why it suits me, but I just couldn't play the last few incarnations as it was just impossible to impose yourself on games.

I love the dribbling too and i think that's what's changed a lot about it; as like you say there's a momentary loss of control which adds a huge risk/reward balance to it. Previously you'd pretty much get away with dribbling anywhere on the pitch with any player - if it worked you were through if it failed the opposition could rarely control the ball quickly enough to break.

How's everyone's FIFA Ultimate Team looking?

At the moment, mine is:

Valdes
Sagna
Garay
Pepe
Alba
Amrabat
Alonso
Busquets
Sneijder
Pedro
Drogba

Chemistry of 100 and does the job :D

Only paid £7.99 on packs so far. Those packs were a waste of time. Only succeeded in getting Pepe, who is not worth much anyway, and some much needed contracts.

CoD is the Kardashians of video games. Hopefully means less noobs playing BF4 [-o<

Amen Brother - My mrs eldest wanted to see what all the fuss was about as is a cod bod -so went game for game with him and whilst his K/D is better than mine he just mindlessly avoids objectives / goes and flies a plane just to blow it up etc - Cap, Defend, Blow up Repair -- its a team game work with a squad ! !

Amen Brother - My mrs eldest wanted to see what all the fuss was about as is a cod bod -so went game for game with him and whilst his K/D is better than mine he just mindlessly avoids objectives / goes and flies a plane just to blow it up etc - Cap, Defend, Blow up Repair -- its a team game work with a squad ! !

Loads of times I get 5+ snipers on my team that just sit back while adding nothing to the team. They don't even spot enemies FFS, which is part of their job as recon. Let's see how the pugs are today...

So I'm definitely a COD player. I can understand strategies but hate head sets, so I go for the strategic missions and play strategically, so I try to get done what we need done ie capture flags/headquarters but I'm very much a lone soldier. I'll go and try to get it done.

How's everyone's FIFA Ultimate Team looking?

At the moment, mine is:

Valdes
Sagna
Garay
Pepe
Alba
Amrabat
Alonso
Busquets
Sneijder
Pedro
Drogba

Chemistry of 100 and does the job :D

Only paid £7.99 on packs so far. Those packs were a waste of time. Only succeeded in getting Pepe, who is not worth much anyway, and some much needed contracts.

My squad:

Goalies - Vorm, Friedel
Defenders - Kolarov, Monreral, Chiriches, Evans, Phil Jones,
Midfielders - Sterling, N'Zonzi, Mikel, Holtby, Chadli, Siggy, Oxlade Chamberlain, Delofeu, Dejagah, Ruiz.
Forwards - Bony, Michu, Chicharito, Demba Ba, Darren Bent.

Bit of a mixed bag, but holding my own and beating better team, got up to Division 6 now i think!

I've started the online seasons version now. I'm on the first season and have 7 points from the opening 4 fixtures.

I lost my first game after the opposition took advantage of a poor pass from Sagna that went off the pitch. If tried to pass but Sagna kicked the ball off! Guess it's what happens if I pick Arsenal players.

I had another game against one of those shock players. You see the poor line up, you imagine how you will pick them to pieces, they turn up the skills and you're left in no doubt that they're a serious player. The game ended 2-2 after a competitive encounter.

I've started the online seasons version now. I'm on the first season and have 7 points from the opening 4 fixtures.

I lost my first game after the opposition took advantage of a poor pass from Sagna that went off the pitch. If tried to pass but Sagna kicked the ball off! Guess it's what happens if I pick Arsenal players.

I had another game against one of those shock players. You see the poor line up, you imagine how you will pick them to pieces, they turn up the skills and you're left in no doubt that they're a serious player. The game ended 2-2 after a competitive encounter.

On PS3. I too had a couple of games against someone with a team full of silver and bronze players and got torn apart!! Maybe the guy was just really good at Fifa. Or 12 haha. Gradually upgrading my players and going for 28 match contracts when theyre needed, works out cheaper in the long run. I've got the 'Ultimate Edition' so i get 1 goldpack every week for 24 weeks, had it since release, but as yu said my gold packs are pretty crap, usually sell off the players and horde the contracts!

On PS3. I too had a couple of games against someone with a team full of silver and bronze players and got torn apart!! Maybe the guy was just really good at Fifa. Or 12 haha. Gradually upgrading my players and going for 28 match contracts when theyre needed, works out cheaper in the long run. I've got the 'Ultimate Edition' so i get 1 goldpack every week for 24 weeks, had it since release, but as yu said my gold packs are pretty crap, usually sell off the players and horde the contracts!

The worse the team the more handicap they get u will notice I keep my team under 80 and get all the luck against teams 83 etc

My PC wont run BF4 too well so I'm going to stick with BF3 for a while. If anyone wants to add me on battlelog my user name is thetecman.

am thinking of starting an online gaming thread as i think there's enough discussion to be had to warrant splitting off from this one, what do you guys reckon? - we can keep the OP updated with all your usernames and which games you play/what formats etc rather than having the info lost in this thread.

*** Billy's No Mates Thread *** ?

See what I did there? You can have that Bill.

I kid of course, I'm sure you all have 104 friends.

Back