• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Just been playing an online mission worth $18,000 each time and only took 5 minutes max to complete. Ended up with $300,000 in no time at all and flew through levels 7-19.

Feel no inclination at all to continue playing GTA 5 now I've finished the Missions. Feeling that that's it, all done.

Just been playing an online mission worth $18,000 each time and only took 5 minutes max to complete. Ended up with $300,000 in no time at all and flew through levels 7-19.

Whoa, what mission is that?
I think they're patching all these "exploits" where you can farm missions over and over. I've just resorted to finding a few missions that I could farm, one cemetary mission was worth $5000 and the Titan one was $10000 (they nerfed Violent Duct which was $9000, now it's $3000).

In addition to that, I have a bunch of Gallivanter Ballers in my garage so I can quickly sell one at a mod shop for $9000, about once every 48 minutes. If you can't find Ballers, Dubsta's also net a decent amount of cash ($7000).

Needless to say, Rockstar should have had all these balancing issues sorted beforehand. Of course, losing progress for people's characters is also unacceptable. So far, I've been relatively lucky as I've only lost maybe $10000 worth in car upgrades, versus losing entire characters and properties.

What's also annoying is that I'm not like Han Solo where I'll start shooting at anyone first before they start shooting at me. I've gotten a bit more careful if other players are passing by, but if I see someone speeding to my location and I don't happen to be near any shops or objectives, I go guns blazing before they can even get out of their car. If there's a bounty on my head, all the rules go out the door. If you want some real fun, chasing down other bounties while having a bounty on you AND 4 stars is about as intense as it can get.

I think we need a GTA V thread, my DAY Z question got lost in here.
Day Z is the zombie mod for Arma isn't it?

I played the first Arma, which was decent but quite buggy at the time, and of course before that the leg end that was OFP. But it moved beyond the abilities of my old gaming computer and I gave up trying to keep up a long time ago, so never played 2 or 3, and wouldn't play Day Z even if I could since I find the current obsession with the undead all a little odd ;)

Thats right, the standalone Day Z game is supposed to come out this year. It is quite something to find a game that is so vast but starts you off with basically nothing and that when you die your character dies too so you then respawn with nothing again.

So far the longest I have lived is an hour!

Thought you guys may appreciate this:

https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

If you vote for games for the Golden Stick Awards you receive either Mafia II or Civ V via steam. Just select the game you want, you'll be emailed a link then vote. Then after 24 hours you'll receive the Steam code. I went for Civ V having already completed Mafia II twice

Rockstar said it will be dropping “a cool half a million GTA$” in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players starting as early as next week.

It’s the developer’s way of apologizing and thanking player for being patient while various issues within the game were addressed.

The funds will be deposited two $250,000 increments in order to keep current worldwide in-game economy balanced, and while a specific date hasn’t been announced, gamers should get their fund “as soon as possible.”

“We are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed, with the second installment to happen by the end of the month,
said Rockstar.

“For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is kind of annoying. They should have an opt out option. I don't know about others but I'd much rather earn the money rather than just have it handed to me, it almost feels like cheating. I know everyone will receive it so its not as bad as cheating, but still annoying. Though I can see its their way of apologizing and a nice gesture.

Rockstar said it will be dropping “a cool half a million GTA$” in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players starting as early as next week.

It’s the developer’s way of apologizing and thanking player for being patient while various issues within the game were addressed.

The funds will be deposited two $250,000 increments in order to keep current worldwide in-game economy balanced, and while a specific date hasn’t been announced, gamers should get their fund “as soon as possible.”

“We are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed, with the second installment to happen by the end of the month,
said Rockstar.

“For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is kind of annoying. They should have an opt out option. I don't know about others but I'd much rather earn the money rather than just have it handed to me, it almost feels like cheating. I know everyone will receive it so its not as bad as cheating, but still annoying. Though I can see its their way of apologizing and a nice gesture.

I'll take it.

6 year old PS3 phat died on me on Friday :( had just put a 500gb drive in it but YLOD finished it like Defoe in a Europa.

Decided I'd not get permission from the wife to shell out £400 on a PS4, couldn't wait till November to get playing again and most of my gaming is PES anyway which won't be on PS4 for a year.

So zipped down to GAME today and picked up 500gb Super Slim + Last Of Us + Beyond Two Souls for £210. But managed to get £26 for a Dualshock pad, £21 each for two sixaxis and £29 for Ellie edition Last of Us! (LOU and a DS3 are included in the box so it was effectively a £50 discount for nothing!). Very chuffed.

Probably going to ship out B2S for about £30 while the price is high still.... looking to shift my dead phat PS3. Anyone managed this before? Thought I'd have to bin it but a few people on eBay seem to be getting good cash back for theirs.

Sold my dead fatboy on ebay for £30 without the hard drive, I too had put a 500gb in just 2 weeks before it died.

Yeh me to. Spursman100

If you all put your screen names I will create it.

What can we call it? Glory Glory Boys? Glory Glory?

I played 5 hours straight today. Just can't get enough of it.

Back