• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Gone back to the Detectorists again.
Probably the 4th or 5th time I've watched them all.

Basking in the brilliance of the detectorists in random and the classic "what does world class actually mean" discussion rearing it's ugly head upstairs - This place definitely has a groundhog day feel about it sometimes! Just need a late night chich thread about pantyhose + a debate about the merits of champions league qualification versus winning trophies and we've got a peak GG full house.

It's great television though for sure. But is it world class television!?!? Answers on a postcard please.

Just watched the first episode of Fargo Season 5. The lighting is very dark, had to watch it twice to make sure I didnt miss anything. Plot wise, there is a lot going on, looks good though.

Last edited:
Basking in the brilliance of the detectorists in random and the classic "what does world class actually mean" discussion rearing it's ugly head upstairs - This place definitely has a groundhog day feel about it sometimes! Just need a late night chich thread about pantyhose + a debate about the merits of champions league qualification versus winning trophies and we've got a peak GG full house.

It's great television though for sure. But is it world class television!?!? Answers on a postcard please.

Just watched a YouTube video where Ferguson said the only four players he managed who were world class were Cantona, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo. I thought this was harsh on Ferdinand and Keane and a few others too.

I think it’s a work of art in this day and age
it has subtleties that dont happen in modern TV
and it uses a very random subject matter as a focal point to create a classic buddy story
then add in the little snippets of the hidden treasure and for me… it’s brilliant
but what one man likes it doesn’t mean another should …

I’ll add that I think apple constantly produces a higher bar of Tv than anyone. Their focus on quality control is so high that they lack volume. I know apple do t make the detctorists but it’s the kind of thing they would make imo

I recorded the Dylan programmes on BBC2 last night and watched the one where others covered his songs, was weird seeing Lulu, Cliff Richard and the Nolan Sisters singing them and surprising seeing Adele and Tom Jones.

Anyone watching I’m a celebrity? Refuse to believe at least one person on here isn’t watching it, even if it’s their wives/husbands forcing them to watch. I hope Tony Bellew wins it.

Last year Matt Handjob was on the show, this year it’s Nigel Farage. My prediction is they will get Boris next year. Seems to be the way the show is heading.

Last edited:
Sat up until 1:30am binging the first season of Reacher on Prime last night, second season out now too, thought it was half decent.

Slow Horses third season going along quite nicely too, do enjoy that.

Sat up until 1:30am binging the first season of Reacher on Prime last night, second season out now too, thought it was half decent.

Slow Horses third season going along quite nicely too, do enjoy that.
All quality shows
Vigil on BBC is a good police drama with a military twist. Season 2 is on now
just watching KIN too on BBC about Irish mobsters

Back