• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I wouldn't call the golden globes mean spirited, more the pricking of some very over inflated egos.

Don't find mcintyre in the least funny.

I'm sounding like a proper grinch šŸ˜‹.

It's all opinions mate! Not grinchlike at all to not find someone funny.

With the golden globes, there is something very off about building celebrities up to be infallible perfect beings and then getting someone to verbally humiliate them by prodding at every misdemeanor, it's kind of dark but it's better then throwing rotten vegetables at people in stocks / beheadings so I guess that's an improvement in society to be proud of!

I don't dislike Macintrye but it's just an example of a very middle of the road kind of performer. Like with food I guess it's in one's best interest to learn to enjoy everything but there is a limit, like Jurgen I reckon I could only cope with 5 minutes of Mrs Brown's boys and you'd have to pay me.

The militant trans lobby? Get a grip. There's swathes of men who are devastated at the supposed impact on women's sport having previously shown no interest in women's sport. Due to the patriarchy lessening it's grip it's only in the last 20 years that some sports have been made legal for women to participate in and has since been derided and mocked by many man, but now as it's a tool to whip up hatred against a different minority suddenly everyone has a PhD in the impact of male puberty and an active interest in women's sports.

Appreciating Gervais' willingness to talk about trans issues is like appreciating Boris Johnson's willingness to talk about honesty, neither know anything about they are discussing. I've no idea why trans involvement in sport has been crowbarred in to this discussion anyways but I guess it's more comfortable then the Rosie Jones subject.

I'm happy to move on and ideally return this thread to matters of TV and such. If you want a thread to fawn over comedians who repeatedly proclaim they've been cancelled whilst on their 3rd Netflix special of the year then create one.

Because men in womens sports, changing rooms or safe spaces is a sure sign of the patriarchy lessening it's grip.
Trans people should have the same rights as everyone else, but let's not kid ourselves that there are men out there all to willing to use loose legislation to carry on abusing women.

It's all opinions mate! Not grinchlike at all to not find someone funny.

With the golden globes, there is something very off about building celebrities up to be infallible perfect beings and then getting someone to verbally humiliate them by prodding at every misdemeanor, it's kind of dark but it's better then throwing rotten vegetables at people in stocks / beheadings so I guess that's an improvement in society to be proud of!

I don't dislike Macintrye but it's just an example of a very middle of the road kind of performer. Like with food I guess it's in one's best interest to learn to enjoy everything but there is a limit, like Jurgen I reckon I could only cope with 5 minutes of Mrs Brown's boys and you'd have to pay me.

I don't dislike any of the comedians, there's just a lot of the I don't find funny.
Humour needs a point of reference, a lot it i suppose I don't find funny because I don't know what they're talking about.
No Mrs Brown is not high on my viewing list.

Because men in womens sports, changing rooms or safe spaces is a sure sign of the patriarchy lessening it's grip.
Trans people should have the same rights as everyone else, but let's not kid ourselves that there are men out there all to willing to use loose legislation to carry on abusing women.

Ah yes, before the big trans issue it was impossible for a man to enter a women's changing room. GHod bless that imaginary forcefield that has been eroded by the woke phalanx and their recently invented gender politics.

As I said in my last line to Jurgen, best move on back to TV or take it to a bespoke bigotry thread where folks can proudly display their ignorance and it at least be pertinent to the subject at hand.

Ah yes, before the big trans issue it was impossible for a man to enter a women's changing room. GHod bless that imaginary forcefield that has been eroded by the woke phalanx and their recently invented gender politics.

As I said in my last line to Jurgen, best move on back to TV or take it to a bespoke bigotry thread where folks can proudly display their ignorance and it at least be pertinent to the subject at hand.

So you accept that there are men out there willing and indeed doing all these things, but not that current views are making it easier for them?

So you accept that there are men out there willing and indeed doing all these things, but not that current views are making it easier for them?

I accept that this is the TV (stands for television not transvestite ;) ) thread as I've pointed out a couple of times already! Create a relevant thread if you want to discuss it further for the sake of others, you may be interested in the subject but people clicking on a thread for recommendations on television programs may very well not be.

I accept that this is the TV (stands for television not transvestite ;) ) thread as I've pointed out a couple of times already! Create a relevant thread if you want to discuss it further for the sake of others, you may be interested in the subject but people clicking on a thread for recommendations on television programs may very well not be.

That did make me chuckle, a little.
Consider it dropped.

Lots of people feel uncomfortable with others who don't fit what is perceived as normal or who have disabilities, it's usually down to not meeting people in those groups. My PA was blind and she was always making light of her lack of sight, she often told people on the phone I didn't want to talk to see hadn't seen me. Comedy is all subjective and it's impossible to find something everyone finds funny or even amusing.

I donā€™t find Rosie Jones particularly funny but to be honest itā€™s the swearing that puts me off. Same with many comedians.
I am not a prude by any means and swear far too much myself but with so many comedians nowadays it seems so forced and unnecessary. Let the joke speak/observation speak for itself.
And one more comment - ignoring the attempts of @spurspinter1 to get the thread back on track - I would recommend watching the Rosie Jones documentary about use of the word "re tard" and the impact it has on those with cerebral palsy.

Last edited:
I donā€™t find Rosie Jones particularly funny but to be honest itā€™s the swearing that puts me off. Same with many comedians.
I am not a prude by any means and swear far too much myself but with so many comedians nowadays it seems so forced and unnecessary. Let the joke speak/observation speak for itself.
And one more comment - ignoring the attempts of @spurspinter1 to get the thread back on track - I would recommend watching the Rosie Jones documentary about use of the word ā€œretreadā€ and the impact it has on those with cerebral palsy.

I've only heard her on radio 4, no swearing allowed thankfully.

Back