• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I was moaning about Picard season 3 on here a while back and had ditched it after a couple of episodes. I will humbly admit that I was wrong as I went crawling back and found it to be pretty fudging marvelous. Can't speak for everyone but I'd guess it was what the people wanted from the start. Next generation has been the only Star Trek series that I've got into and sure occasionally the special effects or aliens might be a bit toss by today's standards but it still holds up as brilliant television for so many reasons.

There are a couple of points with picard that relate to specific plot points so I'll spoiler them for folks who haven't seen it yet and would like to.

I do think think the reasons given for Beverly Crusher effectively hiding the existence of Picard's son for over 20 years are not quite plausible imo, no point moaning about it but it takes a bit of suspension of disbelief on a human level. Very little time was spent to explain the impact cutting ties from her career and existing family ie the crew of the enterprise so it made it hard to buy.

The leader of the changelings was just a bit of a cringe actor imo but at least she died earlyish before it all kicked off with the borg (again!).

Despite that, the return of the Enterprise was class, as nerdy as it is a tear came to my eye when they reunited on the bridge in the penultimate episode and the last poker game was beautiful + some great stuff with Data even if he'd already died once, at least it wasn't some multiverse gonad*s i guess.

I'd be down to give a spin off with 7of9 as captain a go for sure but wary of it then relying on cameos and not properly being able to be it's own thing...

Watched the first episode and most of the second episode of the fall of the house of usher.
Some good, some really, really bad. Too much pointless sex, although you don't actually see anything, and so drawn out.

I was moaning about Picard season 3 on here a while back and had ditched it after a couple of episodes. I will humbly admit that I was wrong as I went crawling back and found it to be pretty fudging marvelous. Can't speak for everyone but I'd guess it was what the people wanted from the start. Next generation has been the only Star Trek series that I've got into and sure occasionally the special effects or aliens might be a bit toss by today's standards but it still holds up as brilliant television for so many reasons.

There are a couple of points with picard that relate to specific plot points so I'll spoiler them for folks who haven't seen it yet and would like to.

I do think think the reasons given for Beverly Crusher effectively hiding the existence of Picard's son for over 20 years are not quite plausible imo, no point moaning about it but it takes a bit of suspension of disbelief on a human level. Very little time was spent to explain the impact cutting ties from her career and existing family ie the crew of the enterprise so it made it hard to buy.

The leader of the changelings was just a bit of a cringe actor imo but at least she died earlyish before it all kicked off with the borg (again!).

Despite that, the return of the Enterprise was class, as nerdy as it is a tear came to my eye when they reunited on the bridge in the penultimate episode and the last poker game was beautiful + some great stuff with Data even if he'd already died once, at least it wasn't some multiverse gonad*s i guess.

I'd be down to give a spin off with 7of9 as captain a go for sure but wary of it then relying on cameos and not properly being able to be it's own thing...
I think I said it before, so I might be saying it again, but Strange New worlds is BRILLIANT. Harkens back to the original series, but as if they were making it now. The weaving in of old characters and old storylines is beautiful.

I think I said it before, so I might be saying it again, but Strange New worlds is BRILLIANT. Harkens back to the original series, but as if they were making it now. The weaving in of old characters and old storylines is beautiful.

I'll keep an eye out for it, cheers for the recommendation iirc it's on something stupid like paramount plus which I simply refuse to pay for and I cba with a free trial having to cancel it at a certain date. It's interesting how quickly streaming services became saturated as there's probably about 5/6 big providers so to have full coverage you'd have to pay a ridiculous amount.

The upcoming long awaited Masters of the Sky is being released on Apple plus ffs, who has that!?

It's almost like they goading people in to getting their firestick sorted out so you can watch everything including sports for something like 50 quid a year.

Tried to sit through Hannah Gadsby’s ‘Nanette’ special on Netflix as it gets 100% ratings on RT. All I can say is that score is more hilarious than the special itself which feels more like an angry therapy session than comedy. The audience score fittingly is 24%. The 100% critic score seems a bit disingenuous if I’m honest :D

Yeh its grim, the cover part was well covered

Watched it last weekend, Coogan was very good, but it was a hard watch particularly when you are aware that he got away with it. We talked about it in my family and all agreed we didn't like him at the time and my daughter who was a young kid when Jim I'll fix it started felt he was creepy.

Gutted to hear about Matthew Perry. Absolutely love Friends. Watched it from beginning to end a couple of gears ago and it’s still funny today. Maybe hasn’t aged as well as some other shows like Frasier but people still love it to this day.

Gutted to hear about Matthew Perry. Absolutely love Friends. Watched it from beginning to end a couple of gears ago and it’s still funny today. Maybe hasn’t aged as well as some other shows like Frasier but people still love it to this day.

See they are doing a new series of frasier. Nicholas lyndhurst is in it i think.

Can anyone recommend a tv show to watch? Something on the lines of house, the menatlist, lie to me, the west wing or the news room?

Based in reality, fairly intelligent about competent people.

Just watched " Walking Dead/ Darall Dixon" What a lot of crap. I enjoyed Both the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead series but this was rubbish.

Can anyone recommend a tv show to watch? Something on the lines of house, the menatlist, lie to me, the west wing or the news room?

10 years since it was launched, but if you haven't watched The Americans, it's well worth it! Still one of my favourite series ever. Will watch it again, after I've finished watching House of Cards for the 2nd time.

10 years since it was launched, but if you haven't watched The Americans, it's well worth it! Still one of my favourite series ever. Will watch it again, after I've finished watching House of Cards for the 2nd time.

Was wanting something less intense. Maybe more episodic. But not to the extent where it's silly. If you know what i mean.

Probably not adding anything new, but it's difficult to match those shows. Plenty have tried and failed

Money heist, mind hunter, Sherlock (possibly elementary), luther

Probably not adding anything new, but it's difficult to match those shows. Plenty have tried and failed

Money heist, mind hunter, Sherlock (possibly elementary), luther

Just watched the first episode of poker face. Thought it was great. We'll see if it pans out.

Back